Stop using XAMPP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MemberRank
    Jul 2020 Join Date
    235Posts

Re: Stop using XAMPP

So First all over all i want to say IF you use xampp, delete all folders AND PHPMYADMIN AND ALL ANOTHER FOLDERS WHERE YOU CAN BE INJECTED FROM THEM expect php apache htdocs fastcgi (and if you use some another service folder ....)
    Second go to httpd.conf and play a little with the settings
    3rd add some mod_security and or bandwitch module and youre the guy but first must do these things before start ANY WebServer Anywhere i say it like a Proffessionalist BOSS
    the warning come from that - the xampp is desinged for easy access from everywhere because its for developers ... so you must config it right and will have no problems but need a lot of config change ..
    Last edited by BAVKAMU; 08-06-22 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BAVKAMU View Post
    So First all over all i want to say IF you use xampp, delete all folders AND PHPMYADMIN AND ALL ANOTHER FOLDERS WHERE YOU CAN BE INJECTED FROM THEM expect php apache htdocs fastcgi (and if you use some another service folder ....)
    Second go to httpd.conf and play a little with the settings
    3rd add some mod_security and or bandwitch module and youre the guy but first must do these things before start ANY WebServer Anywhere i say it like a Proffessionalist BOSS
    the warning come from that - the xampp is desinged for easy access from everywhere because its for developers ... so you must config it right and will have no problems but need a lot of config change ..
    everythin sounds right but a heavy proper ddos attack will still kick the xampp down no matter what network you have but the rest is just a plus security, u just get luck and unlucky when u publish a server in terms for hax

MemberRank
    Jul 2020 Join Date
    235Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KarLi View Post
    everythin sounds right but a heavy proper ddos attack will still kick the xampp down no matter what network you have but the rest is just a plus security, u just get luck and unlucky when u publish a server in terms for hax
    Even the most elite hosting companies uses the same software who is included in the xampp but they use some mod_security PACKS of INSTRUCTIONS + some apache modules .... its the same software .. but with different settings ... mod_evalse on xampp is enought for a DDOS attack ... mod_security2 + open source instructions set = heavy ddos security too + some help from the god = no problems :) all its from that how you config the things ... if you have a money to buy next get firewall you will be the guy 8-) :D

All over all - the most importmant thing is: you canT start a website with DEFAULT Installation Config of the xampp, you first gotta edit the config files ... and delete phpmyadmin and other folders expect these who you use htdocs apache mssql ... and install a mod_bandwitch & mod_security :) thats what i can say as a "PRO"

as i say the xampp is configurated by default to beeasy to access -its for developers gotta just change the configuration file settings and no problems to use it ... why its bad to use it its the same software as everywhere just more to access configuration settings ?!

btw did you hear about the
    "layer "9" ddos"
    Last edited by BAVKAMU; 10-06-22 at 05:22 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement