Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The End of MU - A new beginning

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Now that the last and final update to Mu Online is out (MU Online Season 17 Episode 1 is marketed as being the final update to MU), are you going to finally see bugless servers and proper customs? Or Webzen was the only thing keeping MU alive?

Reaction score
Webzen not gonna ditch MU since it's the most profitable game they have by far.

Bakuya - The End of MU - A new beginning - RaGEZONE Forums

Maybe, we can understand as "final/end" the old history of the Continent of MU since the lore of it is now completed, with the two new characters, including Lemuria that on the lore was an Evil Sorcerer.
The only character of the lore that if I'm not wrong didn't got into the game in any way yet is Antonias, that on lore was a Feudal Lord.
Now that there's nothing more to explore from the lore, maybe a new path can be created.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think MU launched when action RPGs where at their highest. With Diablo, Dungeon Siege, Titan Quest etc. launching in that period.

It's true that MU is their most profitable game, and they already tried copying Diablo 3 and failed it with MU Legend.

I think they might have put the game on slower development schedule, with fewer updates, they focused in the last 5 years mostly on MU with almost 2 seasons each year. Do you remember when they had like 4-5 games that were mainstream, like S.U.N. , Archlord, MU, Continent of the Ninth etc.

I'm almost certain that they are working on a new game, maybe even in the MU franchise. With Diablo 4, Lineage, Lost Ark, Path of Exile 2 and many more action RPG, it is only a time related issue until they have something new, because all those games will leak many players (the few that it still has) from MU.

It's do or die.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Future Mu is not longer in Webzen Hands. They maybe have already 2 o 3 seasons completed atm for launch, and every year will launcher 2 of them.

The game were losting players since 2010 due to players politics(Check webzen forums) & If you play S16/S17 will you able to see some bugs in items from 2002, the game with new seasons, make it complicated and lore history is almost "Who cares".

Mu 2 failed, Mu Mobile Failed. Gamming Scene are changing and Mu is completly out since 2011.

Now, Where is the future? Sadly Private Servers.

With Main.exe Source Leak, new complete route has begun. Just wait 5/6 months, to see entire gameplay restore.

Im not talking about Custom, just "things done right". 2002 Times are officialy ended?

Last edited:
Reaction score
English:

As long as MU Online continues to generate income into the pockets of the entrepreneurs who own the Game and the Webzen Company, You can be sure that all these theories about MU being terminated are wrong, and as for the Custom Features on Private or Pirate Developement of MU... I think I've been around long enough to assure everyone that without complete original main sources or with them... there always have been and always will be, even if everyone around here doesn't like this.

Spanish:

Mientras MU Online continúe generando ingresos para los bolsillos de los empresarios que poseen el Juego y a la companía Webzen, pueden estar seguros de que todas estas teorías sobre la terminación de MU son incorrectas, y en cuanto a las funciones personalizadas (Customs) en el desarrollo privado o pirata de MU... Creo que he estado aquí lo suficiente como para asegurarles a todos que sin las fuentes del main originales completas o con ellas... siempre ha habido y siempre habrá, incluso si a todos por aquí no les gusta esto.

Reaction score
Mu Online should re-run a server from the first version till now, expand any version or update every month or 2 or 3..
I could do this, but dosen't matter how much money i will put in, advertisement won't be easy...

Can't see a reason to start in GMO right now, for me.. GMO exist only to provide new things to the private servers ...

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Italian, I started playing Mu Online in the 0.95 version and over the years I tried them all up to s16, my favorites are season2 and season6.
I changed a lot of private servers, most of them were in the Italian community, and finally South American and several months in the official webzen.
My best memories are in the Lastland server and Neverending Mu ... they were beautiful times I had a lot of fun, I met so many people with whom I shared so many good moments.
Every now and then I still play Mu Online but the quality of the servers is poor, everyone has in-game purchases that ruin the gaming experience .. They disgust me, now there are more servers that do not play! They probably think they are getting rich, empty servers..servers with settings made by incompetent people, they open and close like their home windows.
I think Mu Online is now a past game has made its history it's time to turn the page, keeping the best memories that no one can format.
I apologize for the bad English.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The problem with adding so many new characters = they make it harder to farm the items you're looking for. How many times did you hope for a BK wings and end up with a stupid Summoner wings?

Unfortunately, we can't go back to dark glory days of Maya and Wigle with max map LT7 and max set Exc Brass with 1st wings and a pair of Exc Double Blades.

97d version was the only version of MU that ever felt true and complete to me - the version from first set of private servers where highest maps are Icarus and BC6, best items in game can be had from Golden Tantalos, and most importantly there is no phantom elf soldier buff (which completely obsoleted all the content from level 1 to 200).

It would be nice if someone recreated the classic 97d experience (without elf soldier buff) but had modern quality of life features like Muhelper, jewel stacking, and party matching (i.e., taking newer version of MU and just removing access to maps, characters and features, despawning certain NPCs, changing drop tables to exclude many new items so it's like 97d in terms of accessible content).

For the real OG people you could do this same thing but based on 95 version from 2003 MU Global where you have max map Dungeon3 or later LT7, no BC/DS, and best items drop from strongest mob ingame Golden Dercon.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
GMO should follow World of Warcraft and open servers for old versions of the game. I think that would bring back many of the old timers in the game

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you realize the community of mu has already died between envy and selfishness, it led to this.
with the client source it will be worse. why ? With this they get more hack more things impossible to neutralize through the main that we all use unless we make our own game, but who wants to invent in this? haha no one if this had come out 5 or 7 years ago it would be another story

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Italian, I started playing Mu Online in the 0.95 version and over the years I tried them all up to s16, my favorites are season2 and season6.
I changed a lot of private servers, most of them were in the Italian community, and finally South American and several months in the official webzen.
My best memories are in the Lastland server and Neverending Mu ... they were beautiful times I had a lot of fun, I met so many people with whom I shared so many good moments.
Every now and then I still play Mu Online but the quality of the servers is poor, everyone has in-game purchases that ruin the gaming experience .. They disgust me, now there are more servers that do not play! They probably think they are getting rich, empty servers..servers with settings made by incompetent people, they open and close like their home windows.
I think Mu Online is now a past game has made its history it's time to turn the page, keeping the best memories that no one can format.
I apologize for the bad English.

Ahahah hi wolf (Ranma here)

Totally agree with your post.

Reaction score
The excitment and fun died after season 7 happened along with other mu versions for mobile, tablet, mobiles, mu2 and all that =) there is no center of 1 server that u can trust anymore, except webzen if u like the way the whole players and game works then yeah u can make money by reselling bless and stuff like that ^^ but fun? i dont even know old school servers with no resets anymore, no reset server died, except newest versions and some S6, the rest is just fast lvl or max stats and whatever, there will never be one server that can make you play it and stay there and enjoyy it, and to be fair with everything like back then, but back then there was hack issues and cheaters and whatever, so mu has been a mess forever, either way when we just played and didnt make servers we enjoyed it more so yeah still cool that ppl make mu servers and share here n there developments though, lets see where this goes!

Reaction score
The excitment and fun died after season 7 happened along with other mu versions for mobile, tablet, mobiles, mu2 and all that =) there is no center of 1 server that u can trust anymore, except webzen if u like the way the whole players and game works then yeah u can make money by reselling bless and stuff like that ^^ but fun? i dont even know old school servers with no resets anymore, no reset server died, except newest versions and some S6, the rest is just fast lvl or max stats and whatever, there will never be one server that can make you play it and stay there and enjoyy it, and to be fair with everything like back then, but back then there was hack issues and cheaters and whatever, so mu has been a mess forever, either way when we just played and didnt make servers we enjoyed it more so yeah still cool that ppl make mu servers and share here n there developments though, lets see where this goes!

I totally agree. No reset servers really died or are pretty much empty or lifeless and that's only for a single reason. Resetting your character gives a scope for leveling and playing. It's like a loop, yes, it is, but it's making the game half-boring at some point than a no-reset server. MU feels like a repeatable game. I'm playing it since 2005 and I've tried tons of servers with a reset system and no-reset system, even retail server, and I've always enjoyed more playing on servers with a reset system, probably because of that feeling of having max stats, holding spots, fast clearing mobs in events, etc. Yeah, MU Online fun had died I think exactly after Season 8. The game feels more and more and more like a mobile game with the latest versions and seasons and it's getting more and more and more over-complicated. It's not feeling like MU anymore, maybe just cause I'm a casual player, I don't know.

Reaction score
I totally agree. No reset servers really died or are pretty much empty or lifeless and that's only for a single reason. Resetting your character gives a scope for leveling and playing. It's like a loop, yes, it is, but it's making the game half-boring at some point than a no-reset server. MU feels like a repeatable game. I'm playing it since 2005 and I've tried tons of servers with a reset system and no-reset system, even retail server, and I've always enjoyed more playing on servers with a reset system, probably because of that feeling of having max stats, holding spots, fast clearing mobs in events, etc. Yeah, MU Online fun had died I think exactly after Season 8. The game feels more and more and more like a mobile game with the latest versions and seasons and it's getting more and more and more over-complicated. It's not feeling like MU anymore, maybe just cause I'm a casual player, I don't know.

I would like to add that Webzen tried to maintain a server "rebirth" (resets), but it failed xD

I think the addition of pentagrams was the beginning of the slow death of the game system.
But I must say that in season 16 and 17 they added new interesting dynamics.
I also don't think that games like mu are going to die, because it is an offer of a specific type of game, Fornite, Valorant, Call of Duty are not their direct competition.

Webzen seems set to do a "shark jump" in Season 18.

This will benefit private servers and probably webzen as well.

I still wonder why Webzen is not interested in fighting private servers.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
GMO should follow World of Warcraft and open servers for old versions of the game. I think that would bring back many of the old timers in the game

That would bring them a pile of money as well, wait is that not what they want? ^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wz should to do what they had to do ages ago - rebuild mu client engine, because at this moment its still CPU bounded :facepalm:
13900K+RTX4090= 10-15 FPS in some maps or ,,slide show" in castle siege :D

Back