Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The hate for Elemental System?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi, recently been playing alot in Season 6 server and im surprised by what most player said when i told them i am usually playing on Higher rated servers.

It seem the Elemental System have became a hate for low version lovers, i did not understand why?

Like Elemental System does breathe a whole new life in MuOnline in Season 7 when you done everything in Season 6 Espcially exploring the last there was just Sockets system on level 5.

I admire personally Elemental System and yes it suck to to build it but it has a whole game changer, Stun and even have more influence on player who start playing Season 14 resets. Like the 1st thing to build now on those season is Pentagram to be able to survive on New Maps.

From my take low version players are just lazy to farm and build and just doesnt want to learn the new system where once they learn they sure to love it :D
Also look how far Elemental system has come, its not even on the Wings, Earrings kinda cool.

Will love to have a disccussion here and tell me what you guys think of Elemental System?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For me, the main issues with elemental system are:
- Pentagrams are generally not fun items (I cannot relate to them at all). They have confusing names and they do not appear on the character. Nothing is fun about them. Not to mention their grindy nature with tons of chances to fail with "everything dissapears".
- Getting elemental defense is tied to very few items which are pretty hard to obtain upfront. Any progression curve with elemental defenses is exceptionally steep. Also - none of these items appear on the character so you don't even see your progress - MU always had an appeal of cool looking items which elemental related items do not provide.
- Elemental system is basically a lazy way for Webzen to fix the huge amount of Defense and Absorb % they built up over the years. The problem that I have with that is that they basically made the whole previous in-game content non-relevant. You can basically get as much Defense as you like from the skill tree and random items. Elemental damage is what will kill you anyway.
- MU inventory system is a bit outdated and clunky. Pentagram system uses multitude of various craft items with unrelatable names that take up a lot of inventory space. At the same time, these items are useless for a very long time (it takes a lot of time to make any use of them).
- General balance issues. You are either being one-shot by elemental monsters or they do not hurt you at all (due to a high hp pool). Nothing inbetween, no smooth transition between maps and locations.
- The system is overly complicated. Not much can be calculated on the fly.

Back