Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

To all Mu Devs ADmins

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wanna know why your server dies so easily?

Mostly Because You allow more than 2 Connection per IP,

Wonder why? Cause it kills the Server Community,

Everyone will open Max Allowed Connection and then there will be no Open Party, There will be no chatting, No players Interacting with themselves,

Ive been playing MU for like since ever, and im really tired of seeing Admins Allowing like 10 Connection like WTF. Most MU Players dont have a Good PC, even me with a Medium Quality PC wont open 10 connection, nor 5, max i open is 2~3.

Please do not kill the server by allowing alot of Bots, MU is an MMORPG, the vital structure of any MMORPG is the MMO part, when you allow more than 3 connections, you kill the MMO part, cause most players will be SOLO 5-man Party.

The best MAx Connection is 2.

This allows Players to Form party, to talk, to make friends, to make your server alive, cause Players go for MMORPG due the MMO, the social aspect of it.

Whales dont give a fck about that, cause they are Whales, they cant see friends, all they see are Enemies, but the F2P and low spending players, do Play the game Because of the Social Aspect. And They are the Ones who will keep your server alive, Be by being fed to the Whales or Be By just existing and populating the game.

More than 2 Connection will take your "Online stats" to 2k yeah, but lets divide that by 5 or 10. As soon as the players find themselves Alone, they will quit. What make players stay are Social Connections, Friends. This is Basic Psychology.

This is not Limited to MU, but in MU it hits harder.

i understand that alot of Servers are Cash Grab machines but i hope you guys take this in consideration.

Reaction score
i believe nowdays people just wanna make $ from mu and 'show off' their server, they dont care about connections at all, they just want as much as possible results in game, more characters, more stats and activity, they cant care enough if its same player using 5 accounts, because that 'helps' them boost their server, and mu helper honestly is the problem because it does everything, old seasons u cant have mu helper and people use simple bot for afk attack and simple loot picker which is fair.

New seasons are just waste of time if using mu helper, but people also dont have time to play anymore so muhelper is helpful, if they use 2 accounts max they will still use mu helper, with old seasons u can block bots and special bots but then it will be boring for players to play without because thats how it was before too, we used bots and saved time, not everyone played global mu and played the hard and manual way, most people want it easy and simple, i believe bots are important and they always played a role in mu, just like leave twisting slash or evil spirit 15 years ago by holding the mouse with some paper, its very useful even if you afk for 5 mins, biggest problem is finding the right players to play, most good players are people who make mu servers, they wanna play and experience all mu features, but most servers you go in game and skip most game features and focus only on level,resets to make fast, so you ignore all the rest and there is no feeling anymore.

Nowdays there are so many new seasons, u can do 1000000 different things, hundreds different of options of new items, new maps and so on and you get lost, thats why s6 servers are still special now days and newer seasons are more complicated, and old seasons like s1-2-3-4 = rare because people think its too old to play and dont make a server, but the truth is if you make it right and get the right players, maybe there is a chance to have real players and real community that enjoys mu once again.

I would agree though, no need to allow more than 2 connections, 1 = main player 2 = transfer items, help buff or anything like that maximum, if have more players then its like 1 bot playing all players and its always still and dont talk in game. Really hard to find servers with challenge and fairness since many years, i dont know what people like in mu anymore (in new seasons) i dont find anything special, just 'discovering' new features and events and then thats it, its all new and heavy in game, too much effects and nothing interesting in story, just visuals, new characters and different functions, but the story of mu in game is still boring, there is nothing real in new seasons, its nice at the start but then its boring when you finish it.

My wish would be a real old school server from webzen with 1-3 max connections and low exp, like 2008-2010 but only k2 network did it, even though they failed with protection and hacks it was more enjoyable than what is now all about $ in game

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yes its true for that my servers so far no have offtrade and offleveling BUT wihtout them only the old ones and the biggest servers have players, for the new servers its very hard nowaday

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
People will not play these kind of server:
- low population
- too late to join
- early seasons

Honestly is kinda hard to keep players for more than 2-3 months. And its all the admins fault for not spreading out content.
I'm only talking about new seasons because early seasons have no content (and reseting is stupid).

Admins need to do the following in order to keep people on the server:
- Make all items useful (item rebalance, some of the servers started tiering the sets and weapons)
- Make it so everyone has a chance of getting items (invasions that keep respawning for a period of time)
- Rebalance the XP system, no more party xp bonus, the monsters should be strong enough that only specialized characters can solo hunt (like the old days).
- Make it so the Master and Majestic xp is not that bad. Most servers have 1000x on 1-400 and 10x on Majestic, that is simply retarded.
- Rebalance characters to have specialized builds (messing with skills formulas)
- Do not focus your good drops on bosses (those can be overtaken by a guild and the server will die as the item gap grows). Give items that are quality of life improvements.

Basically MU can only survive in custom servers, because all the crap that webzen keeps adding is just outrageous. Or maybe the devs do the implementation poorly (haven't played on global on high levels).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@KarLi I agree with everything you said, and more...

Most players today are on mobile, and when you download mobile MMORPG games you will see that the character does everything automatically, you just watch him walk, kill monsters, do quests, and every 5 minutes he falls into a trap to buy diamonds... That is, there is no more interaction between players, only the search for who can pay more to have the best items.

I recently downloaded Mu Origins 3 for mobile phones, and I just reached level 200 just watching the character play alone, I had to click "next" in conversations at most... And all the time advertising to buy something. Not even the points you distribute, all characters end up having the same distribution of strength, and whoever spends more money ends up getting stronger.

MMORPG games turned money machines, and little fun...

The question is... If you develop an MMORPG game for mobile phones, with the classic essence that obliges you to really play, would it be successful? Would young people of today spend time moving the character and clicking to spend hours attacking monsters?

Back