Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Would be interesing a MU OFFLINE Project?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
MU is considered a MMORPG, by obvious reasons, but the first time i saw MU (0.97) i thought: "This is Diablo 2 but with a lot of people".

Diablo 2 was and is a EPIC game, he survive thanks to PvP, and for a lot of people, MU is another PK game, so PvE part don't is important to this type of people, but there is people that only want to do PvE, kill and farm items, here enter the "offline" part.

I think this game has a BIG POTENTIAL to be a great ARPG, making changes to the game for the "single player experience". Like Diablo 2 has single player mode, i think in make a MU single player game, with changes like more density (more mobs in maps), new experience table, some changes in skills (reducing costs in Mana/AG, in some cases, increasing area (a bit) in Twisting Slash) etc...

In short, this MU is equal to kill a lot of enemies in short time, like a ARPG, and not to stay in a spot hunting 3-6 mobs every 3-4 seconds.

And how the topic title says, would be interesting a MU Offline Project?

Reaction score
Yeah, I had a similar idea, too. I could put a whole OpenMU server into a client launcher and start it together with the client.
Instead of spots I would remove respawning from some maps/areas completely - when an area is cleaned it could stay clean. Of course, exp rates etc. need to be properly adjusted, more quests are needed etc...

Btw, if someone knows how to skip the login screen that would be great: http://forum.ragezone.com/f193/client-skipping-login-screen-1146814/

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nice! Mu Offline can be a good project!

I thought in this to "simulate" Single player game:

- If possible to change database system? MSSQL to SQLite. SQLite is a DB file without need install SQL Server for example. For access to this DB you only need add to database like "muonline.db", you don't need add user, pass etc.... more easy.

- And after that, in the client, "simulate" a packet with predeterminate account info (user/pass) when you start the client. Making a muonline.db with one account (test/test for example), the client send to loginserver when this starts a packet with logging info with account and pass test/test, in this form, if the login server and game server is online, the client "auto" connect to the characters.

If the server is offline, the client autosend you a UI with "you're disconnected from the server", if the server is online, him send you to the login UI. This part can be modified like, if the server is online, send the info previously mencionated? (send a packet with predeterminated account for autologin to the character UI, simulating a "local savedata"?)

I don't know if this is possible, so is just a idea.

Greetings!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, skipping the login screen is not that simple. I think it can be done with sending keystrokes to the game process, or by modifying the binary. I would like to have a pure packet-based solution as it would be the easiest and most reliable to implement.

About the database I'm even thinking about a more simple way: Just using json files as savegames. And to select a savegame, the player could select it in the launcher, for example ;-) Or more funny... in the server select screen, showing entries like:
- New game
- 'your savegame name'
- 'your other savegame name'
This would mean the launcher has to modify the game server list (based on available savegames) before the game starts. Shouldn't be too hard. :w00t:

Reaction score
I also thought about this very long time ago. It is a great idea!
But the only thing that will be super challenging and missing is PVP with other Real Human players. Which is something that is impossile to program (sure u can do auto characters bots bla bla) but they are computers... there is no challenge in learning to pvp,using the wasd , combo, being fast with mouse etc and learning tricks with other characters to fight.. u know what i mean :)

sure better than nothing tho! it could be a movie! and story as a single player game.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We can give ideas about this. I want to do this in some way. Mu Single player game, PVE game? yep, if i want to do pvp, i can play in online servers, like Diablo if you want to do pvp play in closed battle.net servers, if you want to play solo and kill a lot of enemies, play Single Player xD.

If the game is called Mu Online, how would do you call the offline version? Mu (only Mu)? Mu Offline sounds "weird" xD

I hear you guys about this project!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Here i put my ideas (sorry for the english xD)

[Game]
- Main change: More enemies in maps and not spot zones. In a ARPG, we want to kill a lot of enemies in short time and loot items!.
- NO MU HELPER, we want PLAY, NOT BOTTING.
- Increased experience like x10-x15 respect to GlobalMU.

[Characters]
- The eight characters unlocked since level 1 (not unlockeables).
- Some changes in skills for adapt them to ARPG style (like mana cost, AG in Twisting Slash in low level etc...)
- NO RESET SYSTEM.
- You will can reset stats/tree with the respective items.
- Characters will can expand his inventory with the quests.

[Maps]
- More enemies expanded in entire map.
- Custom Warp Points for travel into maps more "factible" (like D2 waypoint system).

[Enemies]
- Some enemies will have especific drops, and not zone drops.
- The drop of jewels will be increasing depending to the monster level. Not is the same kill a Death Knight that Tantalos.

[Items]
- The high zone levels will have better drop chance and items.
- The premium items (Shop items like exp pets, buffs etc...) will be obtainables ingame with points or killing determinated enemies.
- The item obtenation will be by: Drop, quest, shops or gambling.
- Stash will have 255 pages for save items, with the command /ware <page number> and with the stash UI closed for change the page.

[Quests]
- More kill quests in the Shadow Hunter for explore maps.
- Custom quests in Shadow Hunter for get Sets for all classes.

[Events]
- Events focused in online mode will be disabled.
- Golden invasions and invasions will be more frecuently in single player.

[Misc]
- Guild creation disabled (is Single Player).
- Gens and Duprians disabled (the same).
- Battlesoccer, Arkawar etc.... disabled.
- Shadow Hunter doesn't will give buff (MU OLD TIMES BOYZ)
- PC Points will be used in special shops for something.

[Some Shadow Hunter custom quest for sets]
Rage Fighter: Sacred Fire +7 and +8, with Sacred gloves +7 / +8.
Dark Lord: Adamantine +7/+8. Weapon not decided yet.
Grow Lancer: Princie +7 /+8.
Magic Gladiator: Storm Crow +7/+8.

This items will be obtainables when the main characters can get Ashcrow/Iris/Eclipse

[Gambling System]
- There is a gambling system in Elbeland but only for weapons, this system also add the posibility to get armor, jewels, wings and jewelry! Is based in Chaos Card system, you buy this cards in a NPC (Zen sink) and use them in Chaos Card NPC, will custom loot table, you will can get exc items, wings, jewels etc..... but with low chance, magic items and base items will be more frecuently.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yeah, I had a similar idea, too. I could put a whole OpenMU server into a client launcher and start it together with the client.
Instead of spots I would remove respawning from some maps/areas completely - when an area is cleaned it could stay clean. Of course, exp rates etc. need to be properly adjusted, more quests are needed etc...

Btw, if someone knows how to skip the login screen that would be great: http://forum.ragezone.com/f193/client-skipping-login-screen-1146814/

as i said, you can skip login screen easy by send some packet.

tested on igcn file

Code:
select server

BYTE SelectServer0[6] = { 0xC1, 0x06, 0xF4, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 };

send(*g_MuSocket, (const char*)SelectServer0, sizeof(SelectServer0), 0);

Code:
Procotol.cpp
case 0xF4:
	{
switch (((lpMsg[0] == 0xC1) ? lpMsg[3] : lpMsg[4]))
  {
  case 0x03:

((void(__cdecl*)(BYTE * a1)) 0x63B850)(lpMsg);

CGLoginRequest("admin", "1234");

return 1;
  }

}

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try that.
Are you sure the game works normally after that? I mean, you don't send a 'F1 00' packet (contains own player id) to the client, or did I miss something?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Main reason I play MU is communicating, competing, cooperating. Offline makes this kind of impossible.

Yes, MU for a lot of players is PvP>PvM, hunting PKs or be a murderer killing all players you can is one part of the game, but too there is a side where the players only want "farm" items to improve the character, or get the max level etc....

i saw time ago a project based in wow single player, maybe for me, this is more "inviable" because you can't do some content like raids, dungeons maybe because has a bot system where you can "control" via macros the characters.MU is a game can be playered by one player, the playability (pseudo hack&slash, maybe doesn't is dynamic like Diablo or Path of Exile) with some changes in skills, drops, chaos machine, quests etc.... adapted for a "arpg" instead MMO side, can do a "cool" ARPG based in MU.

For example, Twisting Slash is a great aoe skill for BK or MG, but spend so much AG the firsts levels of his use (80-250), for make this skill be adapted to "arpg playability" needs a "soft change", less AG and a bit more range. Compared with DW or FE (classic classes) DK is slow, because you can "spam" the other classes skills with mana potions (triple shot, evil spirits)

i'm interested in this project yet, but i don't know what season is perfect to this idea, for nostalgia, 0.97 or 0.99 (with reset system), for content, mechanics, etc..... season 6 or season 12.

Greetings mutizens!

Reaction score
Sincerely, I do not find an offline mu at all attractive. However, I do think that in countries with fewer resources ... and internet problems they will play without thinking ??????.

Reaction score
Sincerely, I do not find an offline mu at all attractive. However, I do think that in countries with fewer resources ... and internet problems they will play without thinking ������.

you never know untill you try :D.. im sure it will be something new and fun at the beginning but then who knows.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The actual MU (MMO) is based in global market, with another players, for example, SSF (solo self found) is "impossible" in MU because drop rates are designed to force you to trade with players.

Quests from Rangers 91-209 give you "decent" gear for those levels, but after that, for progress in maps, you need trade in some way.

Farm in MU is auto, who play today "normal" without MU Helper? Maybe this is good for people haven't time, or for pvp players that only wants currency to improve the gear for hunt/arka/chaos castle etc...

But MU Offline would be a ARPG instead MMO (is offline, obvious), yep but would be made for play the game like old seasons, without "bots" or muhelper, player playing the game by ownself.

MMO (GMO) -> Spots with few monsters, autoplay, low drop rates in jewels, exc items, low progression without pay, etc.......

ARPG ->
- Big Spots in entire map,
- No mu helper,
- "High" drop rates in jewels (for improve your gear by yourself), "balanced" drop excellent item rates.
- Gamble mode 2.0 (zen sink)
- New quests for MG/DL/GL/RF to get gear via Shadow Elf,
- Custom quests to do in Icarus/Tarkan for get next tier armor sets:
-- Gloves (210-215)
-- Boots (216-220)
-- Pants (221-225)
-- Helm (226-230)
-- Armor (231-235)
-- Weapons (236-240)

+ Black Dragon +7 (BK)
+ Holy Spirit +7 (ME)
+ Grand Soul +7 (SM)
+ Storm Crow +7 (MG)
+ Adamantine +7 (DL)
+ Demonic +7 (SUM)
+ Storm Jahad +7 (RF)
+ Princie +7 (GL)

-- Weapons --
+ Dark Breaker +7 (BK)
+ Saint Crossbow +7 (ME)
+ Dragon Soul Staff +7 & Grand Soul Shield +7 (SM)
+ Rune Blade +7 (MG)
+ Lord Scepter +7 & Cross Shield +7 (DL)
+ Demonic Stick +7 & Book of Lagle +7 (SUM)
+ Piercing Blade Glove +7 x2 (RF)
+ Pluma Lance +7 & Pluma Shield +7 (GL)

- And more..... xD

Back