Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Making 3 Castle Siege in 1 Server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Maybe someone can explain how can i add or create 3 Castle Siege in 1 Server.
And wanna do that like every CS has this own Exp, Drop, Mobs and etc.
For example:
Press [M] Button
List of City`s
1 - lorencia
2 - Davias
15 - Valley Of Loren
16 - Valley of Ipsum
17 - Valley of Pikachu

Reaction score
Add them into your MapServerInfo file. Also, you will need 3 GameServerCS with their settings, running on different ports.

But it's not clear what do you want to say, so I'll assume that you want same maps for all 3 game servers with a different XP, Drop rate, etc?

More likely you want to have 3 sub servers with different XPs, Drops and same maps.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Add them into your MapServerInfo file. Also, you will need 3 GameServerCS with their settings, running on different ports.

But it's not clear what do you want to say, so I'll assume that you want same maps for all 3 game servers with a different XP, Drop rate, etc?

More likely you want to have 3 sub servers with different XPs, Drops and same maps.

I wanna do it in 1 server. I can open sub servers but from global to sub u can`t enter without switch.
If u wanna say about subserver like GS_Cs it`s can`t work, here have 1 problem.
How i can add same map id to Teleport list in Client [M Button]

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Crywolf for example it's used inside the GameServerCS. If you have 5 sub-servers, all will be redirected to the Crywolf from the GameServer CS.
This can be done with MapServerInfo( Mapped Servers, or Linked Servers).

You need to place the sub-servers in the MapServerInfo and Connect Server's serverlist config, flag them as HIDDEN in the Connect Server, and make the movement configuration for each sub-server inside the MapServerInfo config.
Each sub-server needs to point to a different configuration files path in order to have a different XP rate, drop, NPCs.
You'll need to run new GameServers with different ports, but you can use the same database.

How i can add same map id to Teleport list in Client [M Button]

By adding them in the MapServerInfo movement configuration.

I wanna do it in 1 server. I can open sub servers but from global to sub u can`t enter without switch.

You can have 10 servers in 10 different virtual private servers around the world and connect all of them from 1 single machine using the Connect Server and the MapServerInfo. And I just described you the method above.
It's call Mapping, or Linking, or Transition. That's how the transition between GameServer and GameServerCS is made. (GameServerCS is the same as GameServer - except some other repacks). When you are in Lorencia and you are moving to Crywolf, that's a transition, and that transition is in MapServerInfo, moving between servers.

If u wanna say about subserver like GS_Cs it`s can`t work, here have 1 problem.

You can have 10 GameServers (as sub-servers) and 1 GameServerCS, of course you can.
Yes, GameServerCS can be a GameServer too, it's the same software application.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Crywolf for example it's used inside the GameServerCS. If you have 5 sub-servers, all will be redirected to the Crywolf from the GameServer CS.

You need to place the sub-servers in the MapServerInfo and Connect Server's serverlist config, flag them as HIDDEN in the Connect Server, and make the movement configuration for each sub-server inside the MapServerInfo config.
Each sub-server needs to point to a different configuration files path in order to have a different XP rate, drop, NPCs.
You'll need to run new GameServers with different ports, but you can use the same database.

You can have 10 servers in 10 different virtual private servers around the world and connect all of them from 1 single machine using the Connect Server and the MapServerInfo. And I just described you the method above.
It's call Mapping, or Linking, or Transition. That's how the transition between GameServer and GameServerCS is made. (GameServerCS is the same as GameServer - except some other repacks). When you are in Lorencia and you are moving to Crywolf, that's a transition, and that transition is in MapServerInfo, moving between servers.

You can have 10 GameServers (as sub-servers) and 1 GameServerCS, of course you can.

Thank u very Much

Upvote 0
selling server files is against RZ rules
Reaction score

He want add 10 valey of loren, each on other gameserver. in mapserverinfo you cannot add maps with the same index on different servers

Upvote 0
Reaction score
He want add 10 valey of loren, each on other gameserver. in mapserverinfo you cannot add maps with the same index on different servers

Hmmm, you can't do something like this? (Never done this kind of networking for Mu Online servers)
It would be logically possible like networking-wise, but I think you're right, maybe the design of GameServers is not allowing making a mu server hub.

But anyway, it wouldn't be possible like... let's take CryWolf in MapServerInfo:

0 0 34 1 //GS0 to GSCS1
1 1 34 0 // GSCS1 to GS0

2 0 34 3 // GS2 to GSCS3
3 1 34 2 // GSCS3 to GS2

And so on..

What about DB? I can`t use 1 DB Castle_Data Table for all of them.

You're right, it would actually require using a different database for castle sieges.

It would work actually with some kind of synced DB for other things like accounts, inventories, characters, etc. and just having non-synced tables for castle sieges data, but yeah, I think this would be an overkill and probably, performance-wise would be very bad.

Upvote 0
Back