Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Crc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello? anyone can help me? because i already change the anti cheat from MHP To PS

now how to protect my Client side?

advance thank you

sir? Severithe KarLi

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Never used PS sadly but I think most anti hacks should work the same. get the CRC of the files you want to protect and save the data on wherever PS saves them.

ok i can change it anytime because its free trial only

what anti hack do you recommend to me ?? and also i can protect my client side.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
ok i can change it anytime because its free trial only

what anti hack do you recommend to me ?? and also i can protect my client side.

for what mu season are you talking about (client) ?
you must find a program that encrypts the client side files u want to Protect and decrypts it only after main.exe is runned so ppl can't steal these files or modify them at all, ofcourse plain CRC is fine too but ppl can still steal your files, so therefore best thing is to have the best antihack protection only on server side based with like launcher that does crc etc and not antihack, antihack is another story and if u have latest season mu u dont need it necessarily right away

Upvote 0
Reaction score
"a program that encrypts the client side files u want to Protect and decrypts it only after main.exe is runned"
-> shenanigans, you can copy the files anyway while the game is running

CRC to detect changes in files is shenanigans as well, because it can be circumvented too easily. I can't take any antihack vendor serious which is using CRC to check file integrity. They should use cryptographic hash algorithms instead (SHA256, for example).

Anyway... client side anti hack is either not secure or too intrusive to the system which creates instability. Best protection is on the server-side ;-)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
"a program that encrypts the client side files u want to Protect and decrypts it only after main.exe is runned"
-> shenanigans, you can copy the files anyway while the game is running

CRC to detect changes in files is shenanigans as well, because it can be circumvented too easily. I can't take any antihack vendor serious which is using CRC to check file integrity. They should use cryptographic hash algorithms instead (SHA256, for example).

Anyway... client side anti hack is either not secure or too intrusive to the system which creates instability. Best protection is on the server-side ;-)

Chill Mr nevS, whatever you call that as 'CRC' i have never labeled it my self and never said is the absolute solution because no one did it yet that shared a solution or an example of a server that has this working properly, so if that's not possible then better bring your own idea to the table and help us since you are the Developer here lol, stop playing smart on us, there's no reason to compete.

and i already said that..

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I'm chilled xD Wasn't a critique to you, but in general. CRC is shenanigans and people on this forum still believe it protects against anything. There was a discussion about it a few years ago: https://forum.ragezone.com/f197/protect-files-unauthorized-changes-source-863822/

My ideas to protect the client/server:
* Very simple detection mechanisms to detect cheats. Not too intrusive, just to keep the noob cheaters and maybe bots out.
* Checks on the server side, maybe even a trained AI which can detect suspicious behavior, e.g. too low delays between attacks, too fast moving etc. As long as the client behaves legit, why care about protecting the client side at all?

And no, I don't have interest in developing anything of that.

Upvote 0
Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
Haha always as even being a player knowing some friends who cheat, someone who intends to really cheat will find a way no matter what, also I agree with what nevS said, I'm not a dev or a security expert but I do know CRC can be spoofed, replaced and emulated.

But on topic to the OP, though, I think you should just follow what maker of the anti-cheat left, maybe there's some instructions., I think there's some premium anti cheats as well but I never used those and people I think who paid won't help you here unless you're lucky.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To help you Out.

Is good and contact is good via Whatsapp / Skype
or

Super slow reply and they are really not promising but its does have more sofiscated system to bypass vs PS Sistemas.

Also your player might be prompt that it a virus and need might force them to add it as an exception.

Upvote 0
Back