Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

About Gameserver ports

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good day everyone. Everytime i change gameserver port from 55901 to something random i cant connect to the server. Any ideas why is that happening but when i make it 55915 i can connect to it.

Reaction score
Good day everyone. Everytime i change gameserver port from 55901 to something random i cant connect to the server. Any ideas why is that happening but when i make it 55915 i can connect to it.

That's the GameServerCS.
55901 is Normal GS, 55915 CS GS.

Depending on what files you are using, you need both ports to be forwarded to connect in some cases.

Also, if you change the ports, you need to make sure you changed the ports in the configs too.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i tried 65901 I see the server list but when i click it the server i disconnected . All ports are properly config from connectserver dataserver and gameserver common

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I think this is a client side problem. If the client port is set by default on 55901 (Gameserver), it's gonna always try to connect to that port.
Did you set up the new port in client too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
The process is next:

When you start the client, it's gonna connect to 55999 which is MHP server, then it's going to 44405 which is the Connect Server.
If the GameServer and Connect Server are online, you will see the server name button. (Connect Server is telling the client that Connect Server found the GS online and you can connect to that server name). After you click the server name button, you are in the login screen and you are now connected to the GS and disconnected in the ConnectServer because you successfully connected to GS.

So if you are seeing the server name button, but it's disconnecting you when you press it to get into the login screen, there are a few things to check:

- Client is not connecting to the correct GS port (ServerList.dat file, also check MapServerInfo)
- Port is not opened (Port forwarding, firewall port allow)
- Make sure you checked every thing in the configs regarding changing 55901 to a randomly preferred port.

Upvote 0
Back