Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] Client window is cropped when DPI settings are changed

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,
My problem is straight up the title, if windows DPI settings are changed it mess up the client window .

Here is an example of DPI 125% : (Full height 1080p)
ragezone - [HELP] Client window is cropped when DPI settings are changed - RaGEZONE Forums

It messes up any client window size configuration with or without window mode .

If anyone has any idea how i can bypass windows dpi settings i'd love to know .

Thanks, Afik :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
u tried solutions like these?

or
right-click on your .executable which u run the game and choose Properties. under Compatibility, uncheck Override high DPI scaling behavior and press ok, unless u did that already, also search for different .reg that changes resolution and maybe ucan figure it out ( i see your client is old abit ,season 6?) shouldnt be an issue, u have this on all clients?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
u tried solutions like these?

or
right-click on your .executable which u run the game and choose Properties. under Compatibility, uncheck Override high DPI scaling behavior and press ok, unless u did that already, also search for different .reg that changes resolution and maybe ucan figure it out ( i see your client is old abit ,season 6?) shouldnt be an issue, u have this on all clients?

Hay, thanks for your reply .
I know how to fix this issue for myself .
But i dont want to make my players confused, uncheking override high DPI scailing will fix the problem but i cant deliver my main.exe with this option unchecked since it does not work . I wanted to know mabey there is something else i can do to ship my client overriding DPI settings by default .

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hay, thanks for your reply .
I know how to fix this issue for myself .
But i dont want to make my players confused, uncheking override high DPI scailing will fix the problem but i cant deliver my main.exe with this option unchecked since it does not work . I wanted to know mabey there is something else i can do to ship my client overriding DPI settings by default .

i see, maybe find a launcher like igc launcher does have such option i think something with DPI so when you build the launcher u choose that setting to be applied after launcher run it, not sure how to do it in coding but thats a way.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i see, maybe find a launcher like igc launcher does have such option i think something with DPI so when you build the launcher u choose that setting to be applied after launcher run it, not sure how to do it in coding but thats a way.

Alright i'll keep searching, thanks!

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Alright i'll keep searching, thanks!
What launcher do you use and Server files Version?
Will need more info from you.
Basically it just screen resolution which your launcher might not be overwritting it correctly.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What launcher do you use and Server files Version?
Will need more info from you.
Basically it just screen resolution which your launcher might not be overwritting it correctly.

I am using Net Launcher, I am not sure if i'm allowed to put link from another forum here but if you google "muonline netlauncher" you can find it .
Since it comes with the source i've modified it to change the reg key, and then the client takes the reading the reg key and set the resolution according to the key . But it's pretty similar to the way the client was getting the resolution before - it was the same but instead of a reg key it took the resolution from a text file .

Client - zTeam s6.3

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am using Net Launcher, I am not sure if i'm allowed to put link from another forum here but if you google "muonline netlauncher" you can find it .
Since it comes with the source i've modified it to change the reg key, and then the client takes the reading the reg key and set the resolution according to the key . But it's pretty similar to the way the client was getting the resolution before - it was the same but instead of a reg key it took the resolution from a text file .

Client - zTeam s6.3
If im not wrong there only a few Resolution that only works with s6 main.exe and not able to have customized Resolution.
640x480
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024
(This 4 basic should work fine)

Upvote 0
Back