Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help With Files Ex-Team Errors

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello someone could help me with these errors if you have the solution please share it with me
I'm Used These Link Files - https://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-ex-team-source-multiserver-1162673/

natias - Help With Files Ex-Team Errors - RaGEZONE Forums

Errors Are Marked in Red Boxes

1 - ConectServer Error

2 - DataServer1

3 - DataServer2

4 - MultiServer

5 - GameServer

Reaction score
The connection timeout is normal because is trying to get some data from your server apps, which is probably the DataServers1 and 2.
It's gonna appear until you're servers apps are up and running.

DataServer on port 55962 should be in StandBy Mode because, from what I've seen, both do different things in your database, so there's only one active or should be. So I guess it's not an error.

error-L2 coming from wsjoinservercli.cpp is due to a bad packet length being sent. As you can see the buffer length is higher than the max buffer size accepted.
You can check the var JOINSENDBUFSIZE and increase the size of the buffer for your packets, but it's not recommended, because if the packet length is in that limit and it's a wrong packet or something, that can lead to bad data in your JS or who knows what.

My suggestion: I saw you're working with the sources, so do some debugging on your GameServer and see what's the deal with that.
I've fixed that in my sources by just filtering that packet.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Well its not all about errors, if you try to enter the game what happens exactly and does this happen same with same server files but no updated version?

i would ignore the connectserver 'warnings' not errors, its like when u run GS it updates and when close time out, but u can always use any oter connectserver by BoR easily. The standby mode is somethin it changes itself, so thats something i would skip and dont worry either, we must see what happens when u try to login to understand

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how do I solve it

when I enter the game it is slow and it takes time to enter when I am in the game it hangs and disconnects you

Upvote 0
Reaction score
how do I solve it

when I enter the game it is slow and it takes time to enter when I am in the game it hangs and disconnects you

There's really nothing to be solved there...
1. The ConnectServer is just throwing some timeout messages because you are opening it first and it's trying to see if there are DataServers and GameServers online. Just open the ConnectServer last (after every other applications) and you won't have the "timeout" messages.

2. Again, I will repeat myself - error-L2 is coming from a bad packet length in your GameServer. There's no real error because I've debugged that packet. You are working with the sources, so just debug that code and variables and see what's the packet and where is happening, see the call stack, etc..

If you lag or get disconnected, is because you are running a VPS in another country and you don't have a good Internet connection with that country which is hosting your VPS.
If I'm remembering this correctly and I'm pretty sure about this, you've said that for other files too.

If you are in South America and you are running a VPS in Europe, there's gonna be latency(high ping). (Yes, it can be a good or bad connection, but that's most likely a problem from your ISP, not from the server. Having a good or bad connection it's random determined because you can't know but just assuming it, you have to test it).

For a quick test, open a Command Prompt, run it as administrator, do a "ping your-vps-IP-address -t" command for pinging your VPS and check the latency of packet responding from your PC. Post a screenshot of your command prompt after this.

Your server could respond/request data from your client and vice-versa with a high delay (maybe more or less > 200-500ms.) If your client doesn't get packets in a defined time by the client, you will be probably disconnected because the client thinks there's nothing to communicate with and your MU server is down.
So, test these MU server files on your local machine first, then go for a VPS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think the files are wrong because I use MuEmu files and everything works great for me and the vps is hosted in the United States and I am from Peru

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can you help me to solve the Error-L2 I share the TeamViewer

zipper20032 Friend share your GameServer Source if you don't have that Error that I get I've looked for the JS but I can't find it

Upvote 0
Back