Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] How MAIN handles BMD files

Reaction score
Guys I have some doubts about HOW MAIN deals with the BMD files of items.

I know that the muonline characters are modular!

For example the DW he is formed by HelmClass01.bmd, ArmorClass01.bmd, PantsClass01.bmd, BootsClass01.bmd and GlovessClass01.bmd
And if the player places a Amor Pad, the game changes AmorClass01.bmd for AmorMale03.bmd!

So far ok !!

But if you open the file converted to SMD from ArmorMale03 in a 3D program you will see Pad Armor and it will have part of the arm of the DW, but the item when it is in the inventory does not have that detail!

What I'm looking to find out is how the main does it !!

I appreciate any help to understand this !!

At night I post some images to illustrate what I mean here!

Reaction score
Guys I have some doubts about HOW MAIN deals with the BMD files of items.

I know that the muonline characters are modular!

For example the DW he is formed by HelmClass01.bmd, ArmorClass01.bmd, PantsClass01.bmd, BootsClass01.bmd and GlovessClass01.bmd
And if the player places a Amor Pad, the game changes AmorClass01.bmd for AmorMale03.bmd!

So far ok !!

But if you open the file converted to SMD from ArmorMale03 in a 3D program you will see Pad Armor and it will have part of the arm of the DW, but the item when it is in the inventory does not have that detail!

What I'm looking to find out is how the main does it !!

I appreciate any help to understand this !!

At night I post some images to illustrate what I mean here!

I think, you are looking on the item model template files. Based on these, they are constructing the items models based on that respective character. Sounds like an item model template honestly: "HelmClass01.bmd, ArmorClass01.bmd, PantsClass01.bmd"

The arm of the DW not appearing, could be the transparency changing for items when drawing it in inventory, but that arm could still exist on the DW equipping it.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You talk too much... too long. And I don't see where did you answer what's happened with the DW arm... or maybe I skipped it after skimming your post in 5sec (sorry in that case).

Let me try to make it really really short explanation. ^.^
DW arm is hidden because the RenderMesh(...) function have a parameter to tell render which part need to be hidden (do not render). That's all.

oRdUj0 - [Help] How MAIN handles BMD files - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You don’t have to write a full essay to just simply answer a small thing. (I don’t think it’s big :) )
and no need to explain anything with me. Sorry about my arrogance:) but honestly, after decompiling nearly 90%+ Mu client model/interface rendering functions and many other stuffs... I think I “understand the context” :)) thanks anyway

Upvote 0
Reaction score
You talk too much... too long. And I don't see where did you answer what's happened with the DW arm... or maybe I skipped it after skimming your post in 5sec (sorry in that case).

Let me try to make it really really short explanation. ^.^
DW arm is hidden because the RenderMesh(...) function have a parameter to tell render which part need to be hidden (do not render). That's all.

Thank you very much for the help, I understood well !!
I wanted to know if anyone can help me understand and figure out how to fix some items when I'm going to edit in any 3D editor it presents itself in a different position than others

PantMale01.smd
0PJDWK2 - [Help] How MAIN handles BMD files - RaGEZONE Forums

PantMale02.smd
9gGobuD - [Help] How MAIN handles BMD files - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back