Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hosting help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me wich ovh hosting should i get to be 100% safe from ddos attacks.

Should i go for dedicated game

or i should vps - get

Will one of thos protect me ?

And can i host website on same place, or no? Wich hosting to get.

Reaction score
if you going for a big serious server then always go with Dedicated server, both will protect you but i believe VPS has shared ddos protection 'in a way' so using a normal dedi server is more unique, you can HOST same place but thats not recommended, just buy any Webhost from OVH too with unlimited traffic and 2-3GB + / - space to add your files/backups etc, i dont know depends on ur server plan.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can you explain please, what do you mean by shared ddos protection?

Upvote 0
Computers are fast; programmers keep it slow.
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
The thing is, most (or most) of the hosting providers out there that has DDoS Prot have their clients share all the DDoS Protection. Thay's why we are seeing some claims they have Terabytes of DDos Protections and such. Do custom ones is still possible.

About being specific to OVH, OVH does have 2 kinds of DDoS Prot ( as for my knowledge) it is the Basic DDoS Protection and Game Server DDoS Protections. The difference in my opinion is Game Server DDoS Prot by OVH is more optimized for games especially TCP ones.

And yeah. Both can house a website as long as you have the resources to do so. Websites doesn't take ton of resources unless you are getting massive visits.

For reference:

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The thing is, most (or most) of the hosting providers out there that has DDoS Prot have their clients share all the DDoS Protection. Thay's why we are seeing some claims they have Terabytes of DDos Protections and such. Do custom ones is still possible.

About being specific to OVH, OVH does have 2 kinds of DDoS Prot ( as for my knowledge) it is the Basic DDoS Protection and Game Server DDoS Protections. The difference in my opinion is Game Server DDoS Prot by OVH is more optimized for games especially TCP ones.

And yeah. Both can house a website as long as you have the resources to do so. Websites doesn't take ton of resources unless you are getting massive visits.

For reference:

For example, i go for some host who uses OVH, do they do something different to mitigate attacks ir they just wait till ovh will mitigate(clear it) . Like for example if i buy simply ovh game antiddos dedicated, will it be 100% safe if i wont do anything at attack time? Becouse i dont know what to do if im getting attacked.

Or i should better go to some underhost?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
A good VPS also has security protection against ddos attacks, so I wouldn't say that a dedicated server is more safe. If you go for a good vps (which I do), you won't have any problems related to security, trust me. I did on virtual private servers for a few years already, and I never had a ddos attack on any of the servers. The security is always on point, that's the biggest thing about the good vps, and also they work pretty fast because of the SSD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back