Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to add NPC Season 12

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Someone have a tutorial or something to tell me/show me how to add a new NPC in the MuOnline Private Server Season 12?

Where to put in the client? And what socked I use? And where to put the socket in my server files?
Or I don't know, this is what I heard read on internet something about the soket.

If someone can help me, please :D

Reaction score
First, you should specify what Season 12 files are you using because we can't guess that.

Based on your files, we can pinpoint where to look.

Also, links to your server files would be good (from RageZone, not from other forums).

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First, you should specify what Season 12 files are you using because we can't guess that.

Based on your files, we can pinpoint where to look.

Also, links to your server files would be good (from RageZone, not from other forums).
Is Season 12 Episode 2.
The serverfile is from MUEMU, the seller told me that I need to pay for those informations... I'm not agree with this way of treating your customers because from my opinion he should game me all the informations...
Unfortunately I can not pay him anymore for anything else, just for serverfile monthly.
So is no way for you to know how to do this? :)

Thank you anyway.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Probably the seller restricted the adding of custom monsters. Yeah, I totally agree. It's a bad behavior from someone who's benefiting from your money. From what I know, MuEMU server files don't have the possibility to add new mobs by the server owner because the server owner would actually need the client's source code to add the models/textures into the client. Some other server providers are allowing you adding new monsters by having that MAIN_INFO client generator with custom items, mobs, etc and the generated file would be read by client and load into the client's memory everything you added. Adding a custom monster server side is easy, because you would just add new lines into the monster file(where every monster is stored), then add it to the monster set base and that's it.

Of course, I could be wrong because I actually never bought a server file because I won't buy something that's free.

Upvote 0

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Adding custom NPC's to the server requires both, server and client side edits (at the source), and requires extra coding.
asking for "payment" for those is totally normal since it's not a default feature in-game and it is a custom feature.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if u want a normal npc shop u can just use a shop that its too much in game instead that u dont use or barely use, or its duplicated and change his name in npcname.txt and skin in bmd and textures ofc
I understand you but I wanted to add new NPCs...to change something in the game.
Here is the discussion with him :| :
1. 2. 3. So he tells me that is possible but he doesn't response anymore.
So is possible without the src? zipper20032 , cMu ?
And last question: Can I add new monsters on my server without the src or is the same as at NPCs? If yes, how? I can not find a tutorial on google.

Thank you :)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
First option: So to add a new NPC you need to link the BMD to the NPC index into a CustomNPC file which you would find in the GetMainInfo(the one you are using to add the IP for the client). This file is read by your client's DLL which is injected into Main.exe.
If your client doesn't have a GetMainInfo, then the source codes are needed because from somewhere, your NPC/Custom Items/Wings/etc must be read.

Second option: There's another option which is by editing the .bmd files (for items). You need to decrypt the item_eng.bmd (for items - Use BmdDec). There, you would have the information and every BMD file which your client's is loading into the memory. Then add the item in the ItemList in the server side config, make sure you have the .BMD files in the correct folder, and that's it.

For NPCs, I think the only way to add them is by GetMainInfo generated file or, if, but only IF, maybe there's a .bmd for monsters inside your client, which I never saw in any client.

It's pretty hard to tell you as we don't have your MuEMU files, but you can post screenshots of your files and we can guide you further. And don't share those files as you might lose your license.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First option: So to add a new NPC you need to link the BMD to the NPC index into a CustomNPC file which you would find in the GetMainInfo(the one you are using to add the IP for the client). This file is read by your client's DLL which is injected into Main.exe.
If your client doesn't have a GetMainInfo, then the source codes are needed because from somewhere, your NPC/Custom Items/Wings/etc must be read.

Second option: There's another option which is by editing the .bmd files (for items). You need to decrypt the item_eng.bmd (for items - Use BmdDec). There, you would have the information and every BMD file which your client's is loading into the memory. Then add the item in the ItemList in the server side config, make sure you have the .BMD files in the correct folder, and that's it.

For NPCs, I think the only way to add them is by GetMainInfo generated file or, if, but only IF, maybe there's a .bmd for monsters inside your client, which I never saw in any client.

It's pretty hard to tell you as we don't have your MuEMU files, but you can post screenshots of your files and we can guide you further. And don't share those files as you might lose your license.
This is the locale Can be in npcname but I don't have a decompiler...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Npcname is used for correcting the NPC name for a specific language. So no, if you don't have something that's read by your client's DLL (or directly by the Main.exe), it's not possible to have custom NPCs without the source code.

Do you have any GetMainInfo or MAIN_INFO software application which generates a file which you are adding it into the client?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have any of that.
Do you think this source https://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-igcn-muemu-server-season-1146663/ deserve a try? Or any other serverfile even if is not S12, that have client source as well?
Are there any other better then this? I want to start my own source to have a full access because I want to do something original, not a server same as all of the other ones from google. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Sure, you can do that. That's an actual healthy way to run a Mu server, not just "plug and play and that's it" kind of server.

Anyway, take notice that there's no bug free source codes anywhere, and you have to take your time, have patience and fix them.

Also, take your time and read the entire forum thread where you found those sources because you can find a bug list posted from someone and maybe some fixes.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea, I know, At this moment I try MuMobile, I did all the stuff but I have some isses I need to see why the game not start and I have to read 104 pages of comments :))
But I want to work on a mu online PC serverfile and client source but client source I can not find anywhere.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
There's no Main.exe source xD Everyone is wishing to have that.

You can find the ClientDLL files (It's a DLL which is attached already into the Main.exe) and this DLL is practically doing memory altering into the Main.exe. That's the client source.

You can find them in zMuSource/IGC_DLL_S9E2.

Upvote 0
Back