Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ItemDrop is invalid

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ItemDrop.txt and MonsterDropManager are invalid
I want to increase the Kundun item drop, but I have not been able to set it effectively.
After many tests, I still can’t let him drop
I have tested it all night, thank you for your assistance.

MonsterSetBase
Code:
<Config Class="275" Range="5" BeginPosX="47" BeginPosY="82" EndPosX="47" EndPosY="83" Direction="-1" Quantity="1" Element="3" />

ItemDrop
Code:
//Index Level Grade Option0 Option1 Option2 Option3 Option4 Option5 Option6 Duration MapNumber MonsterClass MonsterLevelMin MonsterLevelMax DropRate Comment
7181      0     0       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       0       6            275            1            400        100000000

MonsterDropManager
Code:
<MonsterDrop MonsterClass="275" MonsterElement="-1" Index="7181" Level="0" Grade="0" Option0="-1" Option1="-1" Option2="-1" Option3="- 1" Option4="-1" Option5="-1" Option6="-1" Attribute="-1" Duration="0" DropRate="100000000" Name="Blessing Gems" RequiereMinLevel="-1" RequireMaxLevel = "-1" RequiereClassType="0" DW="1" DK="1" FE="1" MG="1" DL="1" SU="1" RF="1" GL="1" RW ="1" SL="1" GC="1" />

Reaction score
Your configs are okay.

So, to make sure that you know these...

1. ItemDrop.txt is like a global drop manager for every item.
2. MonsterDropManager is a config for making a specific item to be dropped by a specific monster.

You sure the config is enabled? (Any 0 or 1 values in the config's header?)

By the way, I've checked some repacks from X-Team. There's no MonsterDropManager in neither of them. (S10,11,12,13)

A big question is: Did you copy and pasted the MonsterDropManager.xml from other repack (such as IGCN or MuEMU) or it was already in there when you downloaded the server files repack? (It's important because you don't have the source code, so I can't check that in the GS' code)

Your configs are .TXT, so I was wondering if you just copied that from other server files.
Your GameServer is reading .TXT files, not .XML apparently.

If you copied that from other server files, then it won't work.

Edit: I saw in your other thread, LangManager.xml, but still, I'm not sure if your configs are working with both .txt and .xml.

Would be a big help for you if you would point out the server repack so we can download and check these files, otherwise, it's a really pain in the butt to check every repack on the Internet and I won't do that, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
what exact fiels u using ? if its xteam /muemu which exact version?
CustomEventDrop u have the folder with that config ? if not.. hmm
in ItemDrop then try to enable only mob id 274 only and map number and leave minLevel and MaxLevel to *
also play with drop rate like 1000 test,5000,10000,100000 etc.
the monstedropmanager normally must work instantly if not then its not functional imo.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your configs are okay.

So, to make sure that you know these...

1. ItemDrop.txt is like a global drop manager for every item.
2. MonsterDropManager is a config for making a specific item to be dropped by a specific monster.

You sure the config is enabled? (Any 0 or 1 values in the config's header?)

By the way, I've checked some repacks from X-Team. There's no MonsterDropManager in neither of them. (S10,11,12,13)

A big question is: Did you copy and pasted the MonsterDropManager.xml from other repack (such as IGCN or MuEMU) or it was already in there when you downloaded the server files repack? (It's important because you don't have the source code, so I can't check that in the GS' code)

Your configs are .TXT, so I was wondering if you just copied that from other server files.
Your GameServer is reading .TXT files, not .XML apparently.

If you copied that from other server files, then it won't work.

Edit: I saw in your other thread, LangManager.xml, but still, I'm not sure if your configs are working with both .txt and .xml.

Would be a big help for you if you would point out the server repack so we can download and check these files, otherwise, it's a really pain in the butt to check every repack on the Internet and I won't do that, lol.
I am very grateful for your replyI already had these files when I downloaded the server files. I didn’t add any files in it. I have the original file I downloaded but the file is very large.
There is very little information of this type in the language I use, so I have been asking for help. I still have no way to deal with these problems effectively. I have been working 12 hours a day for one month to deal with these problems, but I still haven’t been able to solve them. All questions...

3 - ItemDrop is invalid - RaGEZONE Forums

4 - ItemDrop is invalid - RaGEZONE Forums

what exact fiels u using ? if its xteam /muemu which exact version?
CustomEventDrop u have the folder with that config ? if not.. hmm
in ItemDrop then try to enable only mob id 274 only and map number and leave minLevel and MaxLevel to *
also play with drop rate like 1000 test,5000,10000,100000 etc.
the monstedropmanager normally must work instantly if not then its not functional imo.

I’m not sure about exact fiels because it was caught on the internetCan you help me confirm the exact fiels I use?I found that there is indeed a file CustomEventDrop.txtBut I still don’t understand how to set it upI will try it for the setting method you mentioned! Thank you!

5 - ItemDrop is invalid - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
CustomEventDrop in your files are for Drop Event in Lorencia.

You have X-Team Season 16 server files.

Try this for MonsterDrop(not sure if it's gonna work, but try that):

Code:
<MonsterDrop GC="1" SL="1" RW="1" GL="1" RF="1" SU="1" DL="1" MG="1" FE="1" DK="1" DW="1" RequiereClassType="0" RequireMaxLevel="-1" RequiereMinLevel="-1" Name="Jewel of Bless" DropRate="10000000" Duration="0" Attribute="-1" Option6="-1" Option5="-1" Option4="-1" Option3="-1" Option2="-1" Option1="-1" Option0="-1" Grade="0" Level="0" Index="7181" MonsterElement="-1" MonsterClass="275"/>[COLOR=#666666]
[/COLOR]

It can be a string comparing on name for item index 7181 => "Blessing Gems" is not equal with "Jewel Of Bless". Just use the same name from Item.txt.

In case you need an Item Index Calculator :
https://mega.nz/file/Ax10nZyC#NyYwhQuz5hWhDR2NevWoSo5vGHUyZsg1KzvR2d6xbVQ

I've noticed something. ItemDrop.txt can do almost the same thing as MonsterDropManager files.

Just add a new line at the end of the file (before the "end"):

Code:
7181 0       0       *         *         *         *         *         *         *         0          *           275 *                *               100000   //Jewel of Bless

This should do the exact same thing as MonsterDropManager.

Attention!! I don't think it's working by having same thing in both ItemDrop and MonsterDropManager. Maybe it's causing a conflict somewhere in the drop calculation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
CustomEventDrop in your files are for Drop Event in Lorencia.

You have X-Team Season 16 server files.

Try this for MonsterDrop(not sure if it's gonna work, but try that):

Code:
<MonsterDrop GC="1" SL="1" RW="1" GL="1" RF="1" SU="1" DL="1" MG="1" FE="1" DK="1" DW="1" RequiereClassType="0" RequireMaxLevel="-1" RequiereMinLevel="-1" Name="Jewel of Bless" DropRate="10000000" Duration="0" Attribute="-1" Option6="-1" Option5="-1" Option4="-1" Option3="-1" Option2="-1" Option1="-1" Option0="-1" Grade="0" Level="0" Index="7181" MonsterElement="-1" MonsterClass="275"/>[COLOR=#666666]
[/COLOR]

It can be a string comparing on name for item index 7181 => "Blessing Gems" is not equal with "Jewel Of Bless". Just use the same name from Item.txt.

In case you need an Item Index Calculator :
https://mega.nz/file/Ax10nZyC#NyYwhQuz5hWhDR2NevWoSo5vGHUyZsg1KzvR2d6xbVQ

I've noticed something. ItemDrop.txt can do almost the same thing as MonsterDropManager files.

Just add a new line at the end of the file (before the "end"):

Code:
7181 0       0       *         *         *         *         *         *         *         0          *           275 *                *               100000   //Jewel of Bless

This should do the exact same thing as MonsterDropManager.

Attention!! I don't think it's working by having same thing in both ItemDrop and MonsterDropManager. Maybe it's causing a conflict somewhere in the drop calculation.
Unfortunately, the test is still not valid.The name in MonsterDrop has been confirmed to be the same as the name in Item.txtThe ItemDrop.txt test has also been tested but it is still not effectiveThank you very much for your assistance. I don’t know if there are any other possibilities. Thank you

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Try do a test regarding the Lorencia MonsterDropManager file. Delete the records inside, leaving only the opening tag and closing tag in the xml file.
See if there's any changes in Lorencia drops.
(If there is no change in Lorencia's monster drop, then something is wrong in your GameServer. Repacks are usually full of bugs which some of them can be fixed from config files and other bugs from fixing by coding on GameServer source code.)

Anyway, make sure that, if the Kundun monster spot is in Lorencia and you edited MonsterDropManager file from other map, other than Lorencia, it won't work. Every file is specific for a single map.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try do a test regarding the Lorencia MonsterDropManager file. Delete the records inside, leaving only the opening tag and closing tag in the xml file.
See if there's any changes in Lorencia drops.
(If there is no change in Lorencia's monster drop, then something is wrong in your GameServer. Repacks are usually full of bugs which some of them can be fixed from config files and other bugs from fixing by coding on GameServer source code.)

Anyway, make sure that, if the Kundun monster spot is in Lorencia and you edited MonsterDropManager file from other map, other than Lorencia, it won't work. Every file is specific for a single map.
It's a success! Other maps can be dropped normally, it seems that only 275 this monster can not be dropped may be because it is a special BOSS! Thank you very much!:lol::lol:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back