Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

itemdroprate.txt

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello everyone, im having trouble when trying to modify some monsters into giving them some unique drops. i have modifyied the monster level and stats in monster.txt, then i have added the items i wish for it to drop in the itemdroprate.txt file. everything works except that the boss, along with the items i have set, often drops zen, a scroll of archangel+6 or sometimes even nothing. im pretty lost here, i have tried to change the monster level up to 999, i also tried to change the zendropsystem.txt file but didnt work, then i tried different values in the monster.txt file under ItemR and MoneyR but still nothing
im using gs 97d99i by dark master, quite old and doubt its available anymore online

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I don't think my files include anything like you said. My eventitembag files only come up to 12 so I just took some of the already existing monster, gave them a longer respawn time and changed their stats.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I Will give It a try thanks
Edit: steam.net/threads/dark steam-muserver-97d-99i-beta-43.6440/, remove the spaces from the link
These seem to be the files I've got but they're no different. The itemdroprate file in dtdata Is the same and I don't see any dedicated eventitembag for any boss

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
[eventitembags]
eventitembag.txt = Box Of Luck
eventitembag2.txt = skeleton king
eventitembag3.txt = Fire Dragon
eventitembag4.txt = star of chrismtas
eventitembag5.txt = Firecracker, Heart of love
eventitembag6.txt = Gold Medal
eventitembag7.txt = Silver Metal
eventitembag8.txt = Kundun +1
eventitembag9.txt = Kundun +2
eventitembag10.txt = Kundun +3
eventitembag11.txt = Kundun +4
eventitembag12.txt = Kundun +5
On the files that you linked me I could only see 12 eventitembag files and following guides around noone of them seem to work for any boss. I have made some normal monsters like the dark phoenix and death vim knight into bosses, the kundun too. But they drop nothing way too often

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Well as i said, this old files they dont have boss system like newer files, u must assign all drops in the ItemDropRate.txt in DTData thats all i understand from your side you must make them drop customly targeting from which monster in itemdroprate which item exactly etc, you must play with the settings mate..
try 5000 try 10000 rate, try different way instead of Mob ID just min lvl / max lvl etc, its all experiments.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i sorta managed something out. i tried the same thing with many different monsters until i found one that wouldnt drop any zen/random poop so i copied that monsters statistics from monster.txt into another monster and tried and it worked.
then i increased the drop rate as you said, not too much cause it would cause only the first item in the list to drop, and now its sorta acceptable. no zen comes out and rarely the monsters will drop nothing. its not perfect but i might continue trying, thanks
edit: sorry ive got a little question more, on these files i can change the mana shield formula from the common.ini file, and in terms of gameplay it works except for the text on the skill that remains outdated, it displays a manashield % that isnt exact, where would i need to look for this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i sorta managed something out. i tried the same thing with many different monsters until i found one that wouldnt drop any zen/random poop so i copied that monsters statistics from monster.txt into another monster and tried and it worked.
then i increased the drop rate as you said, not too much cause it would cause only the first item in the list to drop, and now its sorta acceptable. no zen comes out and rarely the monsters will drop nothing. its not perfect but i might continue trying, thanks
edit: sorry ive got a little question more, on these files i can change the mana shield formula from the common.ini file, and in terms of gameplay it works except for the text on the skill that remains outdated, it displays a manashield % that isnt exact, where would i need to look for this?

On the game client's files you can change the display of the percent of the manashield.

Upvote 0
Back