Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Lorencia tower defense event

4ever Alone = my religion
Reaction score
Has anyone ever created an event where Lorencia is being invaded by some hardcore mobs from all 4 bridges?
Sort of like an online Tower Defense game? :D:

1. When the event starts Lorencia town stops being a safe zone
2. The only safe zone is the pub
3. All player respawns/teleports happen in the pub
4. Everyone online can participate in the event
5. The reward/punishment system for defending the "tower" is up to your imagination e.g. decreased server wide exp/rate for failing to defend or increased exp/rate for successful defense

Could also implement defensive structures that could be upgraded with zen/jewels, either static defensive structures or structures that could be placed by the top 4 guilds (1 for each bridge)

An event like that could be increased in difficulty depending on the whole server population (resets/levels) and thus having a common goal for the whole server to continue playing and to continue defending Lorencia from the mob invasion and preventing punishment for failing to defend

I usually stop playing MU when there's not much fun stuff to do and I'm maxed out

Reaction score
But who will ever do that and how? i dont think many coders left who have the time and willingness to make new things anymore, maybe louis can do, but seems like a difficult thing to do, specially on lorencia map since its a buggy oldest map of mu that u cant change much, but who knows, its not a bad idea, but mbetter on a custom map or devias instead so new players who come dont come to chaos instantly :eek:

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Nice idea and totally possible. However, it requires a lot of effort in the original server sources.
Some techniques used by blood castle and chaos castle could be re-used to do that, too - for example, terrain attribute modifications by network packets.

Upvote 0
Back