Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

OS For Mu Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please tell me if Windows server 2012r2 is suitable for mu server?
I want to buy VPS
and I need to make a choicе...:junglejane:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for responding, can I install the required sql for my server on the VPS itself? I plan to install season 4 or 6 ...
or if you can tell me or give a link in private which vps to me and where to buy it.
thank you very much

retired a few years ago) is the server still running for 2000 sql server now?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Thank you for responding, can I install the required sql for my server on the VPS itself? I plan to install season 4 or 6 ...
or if you can tell me or give a link in private which vps to me and where to buy it.
thank you very much

Depends on which database backup you will be using. Most of Season 6 Episode 3 server files have the database backup working with SQL Server 2005/2008.
Most likely you will need to test that for other versions.

SQL Server 2000 is actually more likely to be used for 95,97,99 Mu Online versions which are like... 15+ years old.
Season 2 can work with SQL 2000 too, but not every repack.

You can start by setting your server up on your machine, configure it, drops, mobs, spots, items, etc, before buying a VPS or investing.
Go on Google and search for VPS xD I don't use one.
Yes, ofc you can install SQL Server on a VPS. (I recommend SQL Express 2008 for S6E3)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
@580497
just use this sql version and install it, it comes with management studio and u are good to go, dont think too much just try, it also depends on what files u using so only u can do is try and see whats compatible, but using sql 2000 is old now, doesnt make sense cuz even sql 2005 or 2008 can install old server files database, so use new sql 2008 for all files and sql 2012 for higher mu versions from season 6 and higher i recommend, at th end many things can work and can also not work, but recommended is to figure out by testing it with the files you use and we'll see if issues occur,

sql express 2008 as zipper20032 suggests if you wanna try

and i agree what he zipper said, do it on ur pc first and when u ready with files, and client then u can host it along with websetup on webhost and connect on ur vps and do the rest things like launchers and who knows.. =)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bro I understood you, you did not understand my question))) I have a VPS but it has a Windows server 2012 p2, I wanted to know, can I put a server on this OS? will work ? or do i need windows 7-8?
question about the main OS

Upvote 0
Reaction score
bro I understood you, you did not understand my question)))

We understood your question pretty good I would say. xD
Not sure if you understood your own question xDDD Anyway, let me answer to that ^^

thank you very much

You've asked if you can install the SQL Server on a VPS or if SQL Server 2000 would run on a VPS for a Mu Server Season 4 or Season 6. xD
The answer, again, is yes. ^^
For Season 4, it should work on SQL Server Express 2008, but that depends on what SQL Server that MuOnline database was backup-ed with.
I recommend for Season 6 a SQL Server Express 2008. Karli gave you a link.

I have a VPS but it has a Windows server 2012 p2, I wanted to know, can I put a server on this OS? will work ? or do i need windows 7-8?

This is a new question ^^
You were asking where you can buy a VPS in the first post, not that you already have one.

Yes, Mu Server would work on Windows Server 2012.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We understood your question pretty good I would say. xD
Not sure if you understood your own question xDDD Anyway, let me answer to that ^^

You've asked if you can install the SQL Server on a VPS or if SQL Server 2000 would run on a VPS for a Mu Server Season 4 or Season 6. xD
The answer, again, is yes. ^^
For Season 4, it should work on SQL Server Express 2008, but that depends on what SQL Server that MuOnline database was backup-ed with.
I recommend for Season 6 a SQL Server Express 2008. Karli gave you a link.

This is a new question ^^
You were asking where you can buy a VPS in the first post, not that you already have one.

Yes, Mu Server would work on Windows Server 2012.

I probably wanted to write and forgot, sorry:canabis:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys who are interested ... Windows Server 2012r2 works fine and MSQL 2008r2 is installed.
No problem, the topic is closed!

In PM I can tell you an inexpensive but high-quality VPS

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back