Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

different of OZT and OZJ ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What's the difference of OZT and OZJ ? Can i just rename the OZJ file to OZT and will it work ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Upvote 0
Reaction score
That's right. The difference is the number of bytes from their headers, as solarismu said. You can't rename them cause the file binary would be the same, including the header. So, right, you need conversion tools for them.

Conclussion: the OZT and OZJ are file compressions for Mu, having the TGA and JPG as base.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, ozt is tga file and ozj is jpg file.
Even if the client ignore the extension and only read data in it. It won’t work.
Because ozj files use 24 dummy bytes at the front while ozt only use 4. Remove the dummy bytes and save the file as .jpg .tga...

or use tools/source here
http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-mu-online-client-toolsets-1195614/
"Thanks... I'd gotten tired of searching for the logic behind 'ozt'. I knew that 'ozj' required removing 24 header bytes. But with 'ozt', I couldn't quite figure it out. 😅"

Upvote 0
Back