Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GameServer was shut down without an error in all logs...and because of this problem my VPS was shut down too with this error .
I scan all VPS and no virus found..it's strange because VPS have fresh windows installed..windows 2008r2...i think the problem is from MuServer..or someone can explain me please?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Windows Event Logs would be more helpful in this case. See the Event Viewer and check the applications which stopped being handled by an error handler.
Could be many things that lead to that. From your error in the screenshot, that's a BlueScreen error, but it could be caused by many things.
Yes, it could be a very bad GameServer source code compiled. Most likely was a bad pointer which could have been corrupted the heap. You GameServer should generate dumps when this happens. This way you can see the call stack and what led to the crash.

Anyway, an article from Microsoft:

Cause
A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.
This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.
If the first parameter has the same value as the fourth parameter, and the third parameter indicates an execute operation, this bug check was likely caused by a driver that was trying to execute code when the code itself was paged out. Possible causes for the page fault include the following:

• The function was marked as pageable and was running at an elevated IRQL (which includes obtaining a lock).
  • The function call was made to a function in another driver, and that driver was unloaded.
  • The function was called by using a function pointer that was an invalid pointer.
BCCode: d1 0x000000d1

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Strange...because i'l try with different MuServer version...same problem...server work 20-40 mins..and after vps restarting..maybe exist an easy solution to fix this?
For example...can setup MuServer to turn on back after VPS restarting?
I'll try to do "start when windows turn on"..but it's not the same thing like when you turn on MuServer ...
I recive disconnect in client if i let MuServer to start when windows start up...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
then simply its your VPS issue, try make FULL WINDOWS UPDATE install untill it doesnt ask for more updates, or just change windows vps to 2012 or 2008 if you use 2012, u gotta keep experimenting, there is nothing to be afraid of.

the disconnect and so on doent matter at all if you have crash issues.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Strange...because i'l try with different MuServer version...same problem...server work 20-40 mins..and after vps restarting..maybe exist an easy solution to fix this?
I'll try to do "start when windows turn on"..but it's not the same thing like when you turn on MuServer ...
I recive disconnect in client if i let MuServer to start when windows start up...

Add Shortcut to your MuServerStartUp in StartUp folder in Start Menu, or use Bor ServerStart Up with autostart on windows start option

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I update all drivers...at the moments VPS is stable..i check tomorrow if i got any restart and for prevent offline server i put shortcut from MuServerStartUp in StartUp windows..i let you know if this method work tomorrow xD

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
u can use a bor startup or whatever similary, BUT who will click 'OK' at crush error? no oone, so if u manage to code that extra to 'enter' on errors and skiip them then yea it will auto restart if its setup to autorestart
bor startup have a check proccess status for autorestart if crash
no need to click ok just disable windows ERROR report service in services.msc and then the program will crash and shutdown without giving a error to click ok

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
bor startup have a check proccess status for autorestart if crash
no need to click ok just disable windows ERROR report service in services.msc and then the program will crash and shutdown without giving a error to click ok

i will not disable anything my self or experiment that cuz i dont have such problems so if thats what HELPS you maybe it will help others

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The problem i think is dissapear after i update all drivers..from yesterday no crush...i think problem solve,can close topic.
Thank you all for support.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back