Server shut down

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    ! Server shut down

    GameServer was shut down without an error in all logs...and because of this problem my VPS was shut down too with this error .
    I scan all VPS and no virus found..it's strange because VPS have fresh windows installed..windows 2008r2...i think the problem is from MuServer..or someone can explain me please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211227_014735.jpg   20211227_014706.jpg  


  2. #2
    C++ Developer zipper20032 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2006 Join Date
    0x198837ADLocation
    562Posts

    Re: Server shut down

    Windows Event Logs would be more helpful in this case. See the Event Viewer and check the applications which stopped being handled by an error handler.
    Could be many things that lead to that. From your error in the screenshot, that's a BlueScreen error, but it could be caused by many things.
    Yes, it could be a very bad GameServer source code compiled. Most likely was a bad pointer which could have been corrupted the heap. You GameServer should generate dumps when this happens. This way you can see the call stack and what led to the crash.

    Anyway, an article from Microsoft:

    Cause
    A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.
    This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.
    If the first parameter has the same value as the fourth parameter, and the third parameter indicates an execute operation, this bug check was likely caused by a driver that was trying to execute code when the code itself was paged out. Possible causes for the page fault include the following:

    • The function was marked as pageable and was running at an elevated IRQL (which includes obtaining a lock).
    • The function call was made to a function in another driver, and that driver was unloaded.
    • The function was called by using a function pointer that was an invalid pointer.

    BCCode: d1 0x000000d1

  3. #3

    Re: Server shut down

    Strange...because i'l try with different MuServer version...same problem...server work 20-40 mins..and after vps restarting..maybe exist an easy solution to fix this?
    For example...can setup MuServer to turn on back after VPS restarting?
    I'll try to do "start when windows turn on"..but it's not the same thing like when you turn on MuServer ...
    I recive disconnect in client if i let MuServer to start when windows start up...

  4. #4
    C++ Developer zipper20032 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2006 Join Date
    0x198837ADLocation
    562Posts

    Re: Server shut down

    You are saying that a different MuServer version is doing the same thing? Like, you get the same error with a different version?

    That's unlikely that MuServer is doing that in this case.

  5. #5

    Re: Server shut down

    then simply its your VPS issue, try make FULL WINDOWS UPDATE install untill it doesnt ask for more updates, or just change windows vps to 2012 or 2008 if you use 2012, u gotta keep experimenting, there is nothing to be afraid of.

    the disconnect and so on doent matter at all if you have crash issues.

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member BAVKAMU is offline
    MemberRank
    Jul 2020 Join Date
    166Posts

    Re: Server shut down

    Quote Originally Posted by thug4life View Post
    Strange...because i'l try with different MuServer version...same problem...server work 20-40 mins..and after vps restarting..maybe exist an easy solution to fix this?
    For example...can setup MuServer to turn on back after VPS restarting?
    I'll try to do "start when windows turn on"..but it's not the same thing like when you turn on MuServer ...
    I recive disconnect in client if i let MuServer to start when windows start up...

    For example...can setup MuServer to turn on back after VPS restarting?
    Add Shortcut to your MuServerStartUp in StartUp folder in Start Menu, or use Bor ServerStart Up with autostart on windows start option

  7. #7

    Re: Server shut down

    I update all drivers...at the moments VPS is stable..i check tomorrow if i got any restart and for prevent offline server i put shortcut from MuServerStartUp in StartUp windows..i let you know if this method work tomorrow xD

  8. #8

    Re: Server shut down

    u can use a bor startup or whatever similary, BUT who will click 'OK' at crush error? no oone, so if u manage to code that extra to 'enter' on errors and skiip them then yea it will auto restart if its setup to autorestart

  9. #9
    Ultimate Member BAVKAMU is offline
    MemberRank
    Jul 2020 Join Date
    166Posts

    Re: Server shut down

    Quote Originally Posted by KarLi View Post
    u can use a bor startup or whatever similary, BUT who will click 'OK' at crush error? no oone, so if u manage to code that extra to 'enter' on errors and skiip them then yea it will auto restart if its setup to autorestart
    bor startup have a check proccess status for autorestart if crash
    no need to click ok just disable windows ERROR report service in services.msc and then the program will crash and shutdown without giving a error to click ok
    Last edited by BAVKAMU; 28-12-21 at 11:31 AM.

  10. #10

    Re: Server shut down

    Quote Originally Posted by BAVKAMU View Post
    bor startup have a check proccess status for autorestart if crash
    no need to click ok just disable windows ERROR report service in services.msc and then the program will crash and shutdown without giving a error to click ok
    i will not disable anything my self or experiment that cuz i dont have such problems so if thats what HELPS you maybe it will help others

  11. #11

    Re: Server shut down

    The problem i think is dissapear after i update all drivers..from yesterday no crush...i think problem solve,can close topic.
    Thank you all for support.



Advertisement