Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Can sombody help me?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
do u guys know wat is this error and if its afecting me in anyway or the server? or how can i fix it

Fabiven - Can sombody help me? - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i'd say it doesnt matter untill u occur any issues

well the server is working great and i players dident report any bug or such i quess il leave it like that if it dosent cause any problem

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
why do u think you used the same exacty files as @Fabiven ?

me no think use same files because my mu server is 97d BUT i have thesame L1 L2 l3 SOCKET ERROR(s) (if you rememb) and after change the files this was been fixed ...

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah mate but l1l2l3 socket error is different, especially for file s6+ shouldnt have it
its true bro but all these errors are SOCKET Based ... it can be from the OC from the processor from the ram from the affiacy to use only one 1 cpu .. .u know .. i think this because i first have l1 error after that l2 error after that l3.. all its says socket error after changed the server files an dput a firewall its stops.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
its true bro but all these errors are SOCKET Based ... it can be from the OC from the processor from the ram from the affiacy to use only one 1 cpu .. .u know .. i think this because i first have l1 error after that l2 error after that l3.. all its says socket error after changed the server files an dput a firewall its stops.

yeah bro but i even tried to ask hosts to change cpu cores and they did, this did not change anything, i even asked coders of mu, they just tell me its the trash files and .dll in the gs, what a mystery ^^

Upvote 0
Reaction score
me no think use same files because my mu server is 97d BUT i have thesame L1 L2 l3 SOCKET ERROR(s) (if you rememb) and after change the files this was been fixed ...

You don't have a socket problem on your 97D server files xD

Fabiven is having a different problem which can actually be a bot/scrapper trying to send random packets into the Connect Server.

Like I've said in other posts @BAVKAMU: Socket Based Errors are from an old WINSOCK library used by 97D's Game Servers/ Connect Servers / Join Servers etc...

Socket Closed() IS NOT AN ERROR!!! It's a symptom of something else (Socket still being in used but will be forced to close while still running). When you are ALT + F4 the client window (Without making your exit from the game using packets ---> exiting the game using the menu of the game), this can trigger Socket Closed() thing, which is a symptom when the Account/Character class in the GameServer is still having something to be processed inside the GameServer on a socket layer. The Game Server knows there are still things to be processed for your Account/Character (like data packets from the client) and if you forcing the exit with ALT F4, this can trigger Socket Closed().

You probably are just bothered because the error message is RED and is making you think that it's a real problem. It's not, dude! Stop worrying on things like this.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
this is very interesting new information thanks for explain it! do other versions like 99b uses the same old winsock libary ? on who versions can and can't happens this ?
You don't have a socket problem on your 97D server files xD

Fabiven is having a different problem which can actually be a bot/scrapper trying to send random packets into the Connect Server.

Like I've said in other posts @BAVKAMU: Socket Based Errors are from an old WINSOCK library used by 97D's Game Servers/ Connect Servers / Join Servers etc...

Socket Closed() IS NOT AN ERROR!!! It's a symptom of something else (Socket still being in used but will be forced to close while still running). When you are ALT + F4 the client window (Without making your exit from the game using packets ---> exiting the game using the menu of the game), this can trigger Socket Closed() thing, which is a symptom when the Account/Character class in the GameServer is still having something to be processed inside the GameServer on a socket layer. The Game Server knows there are still things to be processed for your Account/Character (like data packets from the client) and if you forcing the exit with ALT F4, this can trigger Socket Closed().

You probably are just bothered because the error message is RED and is making you think that it's a real problem. It's not, dude! Stop worrying on things like this.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So if the problem is on the Connect Server not from the GameServer how it can be fixed ?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
So if the problem is on the Connect Server not from the GameServer how it can be fixed ?

You don't have the same problem as above. Your Gameserver and ConnectServer are VERY OLD and deprecated C++ where used to be built. That's the problem. Also, there's no exclusion that 97D GameServer and ConnectServer and JoinServer are very badly developed. That depends on what repack you are using.

Upvote 0
Back