Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SQL or Amazon AWS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HI, not sure if my title is correct. But after our developer gave us the full access and have all the files needed, he no longer contacted us and didn't even taught us how to run the files. Tried searching in youtube but it says it needs SQL or Amazon AWS, but not so sure about it.

FOLDER CONTENT:
ConnectServer
Data
DataServer
DB
EA-GameShield
GameServer
GameServerCS
JoinServer
SQL
StartUp
Tools
anthrax01 - SQL or Amazon AWS - RaGEZONE Forums

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't really prefer to post my discord or contact publicly amongst the discord. I'm gonna go through the files myself before posting a step by step guide, as this may take me a day or so. I'd prefer to do it this way just incase anyone else needs it.

Is it possible for you to link me the specific files you are using?

anthrax01

Upvote 0
RaGEZONER Since 2004
Loyal Member
Reaction score
HI, not sure if my title is correct. But after our developer gave us the full access and have all the files needed, he no longer contacted us and didn't even taught us how to run the files. Tried searching in youtube but it says it needs SQL or Amazon AWS, but not so sure about it.

FOLDER CONTENT:
ConnectServer
Data
DataServer
DB
EA-GameShield
GameServer
GameServerCS
JoinServer
SQL
StartUp
Tools

Amazon AWS EC2? Is not good for game hosting also there are tons of guide out there regarding setting up MUOnline specially Karli tutorials at the tutorial section. If you are totally beginner you need to spend lot of times from Server/Client (Specially setting up IP's to connect and run your server files) Web/Launcher+Updater and Antihack. But it is worth your time if you wanted to learn and not just hosting rushing to open your server and results of getting down sooner.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I'm not experienced with AWS, but getting the server running on AWS I think it requires many things as the Data Server application, which is the application responsible for data management and data processing, could not be compatible with AWS because this is supposed to run under ODBC, not directly on the SQL Server.

The Data Servers can run remotely, separated from the SQL Server host machine, but you still need to connect to it, using ODBC drivers, where your SQL Server host is.

Most likely running on AWS is not really an option without modifying the entire Data Server source code to support a connection to a AWS virtual machine, also there's a possibility that many things from the database, such as stored procedures, triggers, etc., could not be supported by AWS.

Upvote 0
Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
I guess SQL Server will do whats important is for your to test it if the server files are modified to work on certain database. Use SQL First if it doesnt work try AWS. We have no idea what was the modifcation on your files so i suggest you do the test. Get back to us here if you need further help

Upvote 0
Back