Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Understanding Sources

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
-long version

Hello guys! Many times over there years I've tried making a playable mu server, but somehow I've always ran into issues. Since I am a stubborn man, I've found some guys who are willing to help me out with a brand new project.
Our Idea is to make a classic mu server with very little to none customization, but things like a jewel bank, would be cool. Nothing fancy is required, no custom mounts, wings etc... all I really need is a files that work (Season 6 Episode 3) generally nice and I can add some small tweaks like jewel bank, maybe some other small things. For this reason, I've decided that I want to have a control over the whole server, which leads me to - sources!

Before people screaming that I should not touch sources If I have no idea how to compile, I'm learning guys... I've been a react developer for about 2 years and have done front-end/backend work, yet I'm ready to learn some c++ and lua for this to work.
I've found courses and found some other online resource which could help me to get this moving, but I am also writing here to get your advice.

So the following question would be : is there a guide (does not matter which language, I can google translate it) which explains the process of compiling a mu server source and actually running it?

Second of all - Is there a good base source which works really good and is playable for general public?
So far I've seen two

- https://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-zteam-season-6-3-a-1127956/
- https://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-ex-team-source-multiserver-1162673/

but haven't been able to run any of these.
I have asked this question to many old time ragezoners but it seems they all have moved on doesn't want to get involved with answering anything.

-short version

Does anyone have any links or tutorials for compiling S6E3 sources?
Does anyone have links to any non-custom sources? (no random wings, mounts. Just the classics)

I hope I explained as detailed as I could.
Also : if someone has already answered this, please lead me to the post :)

Thanks for reading, Rizao

Reaction score
-long version

Hello guys! Many times over there years I've tried making a playable mu server, but somehow I've always ran into issues. Since I am a stubborn man, I've found some guys who are willing to help me out with a brand new project.
Our Idea is to make a classic mu server with very little to none customization, but things like a jewel bank, would be cool. Nothing fancy is required, no custom mounts, wings etc... all I really need is a files that work (Season 6 Episode 3) generally nice and I can add some small tweaks like jewel bank, maybe some other small things. For this reason, I've decided that I want to have a control over the whole server, which leads me to - sources!

Before people screaming that I should not touch sources If I have no idea how to compile, I'm learning guys... I've been a react developer for about 2 years and have done front-end/backend work, yet I'm ready to learn some c++ and lua for this to work.
I've found courses and found some other online resource which could help me to get this moving, but I am also writing here to get your advice.

So the following question would be : is there a guide (does not matter which language, I can google translate it) which explains the process of compiling a mu server source and actually running it?

Second of all - Is there a good base source which works really good and is playable for general public?
So far I've seen two

- https://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-zteam-season-6-3-a-1127956/
- https://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-ex-team-source-multiserver-1162673/

but haven't been able to run any of these.
I have asked this question to many old time ragezoners but it seems they all have moved on doesn't want to get involved with answering anything.

-short version

Does anyone have any links or tutorials for compiling S6E3 sources?
Does anyone have links to any non-custom sources? (no random wings, mounts. Just the classics)

I hope I explained as detailed as I could.
Also : if someone has already answered this, please lead me to the post :)

Thanks for reading, Rizao

Most S6E3 sources can be compiled only with Visual Studio 2010 due to that VS version's libraries.

Try zTeam S6 from DarkSim. There are no custom things, except few jewels(Ancient, Excellent, Skill, etc) and you can set their drop rate to none if you want.
Usually custom things could be disabled directly from the client's DLL.
For zTeam's client DLL, these can be compiled with any VS version as these files are a DLL, so nothing fancy compared to GameServer source.

For links, search in Mu Online Release.
These files are the best to start with. The coding takes some time to be understood but if you got C++ skills, the tasks would be easier.
You would need DataServer source, GameServer and Client DLL source. DataServer is responsible for querying the database(GS->DS, DS->GS connections). GameServer is responsible for game logic(Client->GS, GS->Client) and the Client DLL which is the DLL which's attached to Main.exe and only communicates with GameServer and ConnectServer(at login).

Of course, probably you would ask if there's bugs innit. Yeah, most sources have bugs, but you can fix them from the sources.

Upvote 0
Back