Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fixing Loopback Adapter "Unidentified Network"

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've had issues in the past with windows 7 getting the "Unidentified Network" problem when trying to install loopback adapter, i've had some people ask me on how to fix it, so i'll share a guide that i found useful to fixing the problem.

In a lot of windows 7 machines you may come across his problem:
MUnoob - Fixing Loopback Adapter "Unidentified Network" - RaGEZONE Forums

It is quite common for this to happen. Here is how you fix it.

1. Open the Network and Sharing Center, Manage Network Connections.
  2. Run REGEDIT.EXE as administrator. Locate the key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}”.
  3. Expand each of the numeric sub-keys and locate the one with the “DriverDesc” matching the type of adapter you have trouble with, e.g. “Microsoft Loopback Adapter” or “Hyper-V Virtual Network Adapter“.
  4. Add a new 32bit DWORD value below this key called exactly “*NdisDeviceType” including the asterisk at the beginning but no spaces or quotes.
  5. Double-click the new value to edit it, and set it to 1 (Hexadecimal or Decimal entry mode does not matter in this case).

6. In the Manage Network Connections “adapter settings”, right-click the loopback adapter then select Disable, then do the same to Enable.

7. Windows will again show it as Enabled but skip the identification process. You can confirm this by viewing the Network and Sharing Center again, hit F5 to refresh if it didn’t update automatically.

Source :
codechief.wordpress.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Uses windows hosts file, soo you can host a local GS with router network.
You need only loopback adapter if you did not have an local conection, or cable disconnected for example.

You need to add your no-ip shits into hosts file appointing to local address like:

mu.no-ip.org 192.168.1.2

Save and be happy;

Back