• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How to setup ur own 97d+99 router guide!

[Czt] Coder Team Member
Reaction score
Some Qeustions about this guide!

Does this Guide Support Routers ? Yes , i made a router guide.

How can i make myself characters , gm's , sets? Use the editor i posted here

What things do i need to make my own server ? Use the server files i used in here

Can i make other server files in this guide ? U might have to use another guide!

Server Setup Settings !

U have to download sql server in the first place. This file is optional in making a server.

You can download the Microsoft Sql Server :

Installing SQLEVAL.exe :
-Extract SQLEVAL.exe
-Run Setup.exe and click ''next'' 8 times.
-It will show up a window named : Services Accounts
-In the Service Settings set it to Use the Local System Account. * else it will give you an error *
-Click next and u will see a window named : Authentication Mode window
-Set it to Mixed Mode(Windows Authentication and SQL server Authentication) * make sure u make the right password. Tip : sa
-u need the sa account + password for Online Registration like Mutoolz ! and making ODBC Reg like Mutoolz !
- After that Click ''Next'' and contineu the installation. * now this part is done *

U need ServerFiles for making ur own server.
These files can be found :

After that u have to put the ''MuServer'' file in ur C:\ or D:\
* Make sure it's not double , for example : C:\MuServer\Muserver *

Server ip Settings

C:\MuServer\CS\Connectserverlist.dat ( Global Ip )

C:\MuServer\CS\data\Connectserverlist.dat ( Global Ip )

C:\MuServer\CS\data\ServerInfo.dat ( Global Ip )

C:\MuServer\CS\data\ServerList.dat ( Global Ip )

Open this file with ''NotePad'' or ''WordPad'' , change the ''127.0.0.1'' into ur global ip. Wich can be found :

Now the CS is done , than go this :

C:\MuServer\data\commonserver.cfg ( Local Ip Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig )
C:\MuServer\data\IpList.dat ( Global Ip )
C:\MuServer\data\lang\chs\commonloc.dat ( Local Ip Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig )

In these files press : ''Ctr+F'' put ''127.0.0.1'' and replace it in ur Local Ip like told here before.

Other files u have to change into ip's are :

C:\MuServer\Links\4.ink ( Local Ip . Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig )
C:\MuServer\Links\8.ink ( Local Ip . Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig )

In the 4.ink u have to press ; right click , proppeties , and u will see ''127.0.0.1'' overwrite it with ur local ip.

Do the same with 8.ink but this file has 2 ip's ''127.0.0.1'' overwrite both with ur local ip.

Than go : C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\
Open the ''Host file'' and u will see the followed information :

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# Dit is een voorbeeld HOSTS-bestand dat wordt gebruikt door Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# Dit bestand bevat de toewijzingen van IP-adressen naar hostnamen. Elke vermelding
# moet op een afzonderlijke regel staan. Het IP-adres dient in de eerste kolom te worden
# geplaatst, gevolgd door de bijbehorende hostnaam. Het IP-adres en de hostnaam dienen
# gescheiden te zijn door ten minste

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good guide! :p
But i can't make a server bcoz ofmy Virtual Memory... My bro can, but i dnno if my dad wants... He says HIS internet, mail etc. goes SLOWER then normal, with my server online..
Is that true? Does your PC goes slower when u heav a Server?

- A friend.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i put all and evrything but... if i click on server button is say ''connected to the server'' but i dont get the ''ID'' and ''Pass'' screen :( pls help

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
can u include microsoft loopback adaptor cuz i dont have it...for some reason its not in hardware to install...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow this is nice great job!!, but i have a qt can i run sql using Windows 64bit? not vista just the real 64bit windows without any problem?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Than go : C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\
Open the ''Host file'' and u will see the followed information :

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# Dit is een voorbeeld HOSTS-bestand dat wordt gebruikt door Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# Dit bestand bevat de toewijzingen van IP-adressen naar hostnamen. Elke vermelding
# moet op een afzonderlijke regel staan. Het IP-adres dient in de eerste kolom te worden
# geplaatst, gevolgd door de bijbehorende hostnaam. Het IP-adres en de hostnaam dienen
# gescheiden te zijn door ten minste één spatie.
#
# Daarnaast kunnen opmerkingen (zoals deze) worden toegevoegd op extra
# regels of gevolgd door de computernaam, voorafgegaan door een #.
#
# Bijvoorbeeld:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # bronserver
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x clienthost

127.0.0.1 localhost

Below the 127.0.0.1 localhost write ur local ip and ur dns

For Example : 127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.xx.xx mydns.no-ip.org

But if my internet is set with "Obtain an IP adress automatically" and i don't have a DNS...What can I do?
I put it like this?

For Example : 127.0.0.1 localhost
86.122.xxx.xx

(x are some numbers don't think i'm stupid :) )
???

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how much room does it take
does it work 100%
how to create accoutns?
has anyone tried it?

G

GoDzZ

What is difference between Global Ip and Local Ip?

How to see Local Ip and global?

When i go to www.whaismyip.com, it give me this
220.255.50.xxx,
165.21.154.xxx

Which on is global and local? Up or Down?

The password thing on installing SQL, wat do you mean by,(Tip: sa)?

Wat is this? This is optional for router users. This file should be added else people get dc after few seconds and Start>Control Panel>HardWare and install ''Microsoft Loopback Adaptor''
I cannot find Microsoft Loopback Adaptor...

Please forgive me for my many question. I hope you can answer me back.

Add me in msn: infinite_holy@hotmail.com
If you want...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
omgi tried at and it worked
ty man youre great

ps im not makeinga new server for everyone just for learning something about making server ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
strange....
when i put 192.168.xx.xx as my ip everywhere i can play no probs, but once i do as it says in ur guide and try to connect, then click on the server button and connecto to it, i get DC....howcome?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
-Set it to Mixed Mode(Windows Authentication and SQL server Authentication) * make sure u make the right password. Tip : sa
-u need the sa account + password for Online Registration like Mutoolz ! and making ODBC Reg like Mutoolz !
- After that Click ''Next'' and contineu the installation. * now this part is done

sorry just not understanding this atm... wat password? is it important etc etc...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok i got lil problem done everything according to your guide...i can connect to my server

my friends can see the server but are d/c after 10seconds... i did eveything with router...but i cant use the loopback cuz it d/c my internet..?

ne suggestions...ive done all port forwarding etc etc...

[Czt] Coder Team Member
Reaction score
thank you all !
Hope i helped much ppl with it :)
if u need new files ask me ;)

[Czt] Coder Team Member
Reaction score
H4CK3R!@#$%^&* said:
Good guide! :p
But i can't make a server bcoz ofmy Virtual Memory... My bro can, but i dnno if my dad wants... He says HIS internet, mail etc. goes SLOWER then normal, with my server online..
Is that true? Does your PC goes slower when u heav a Server?

- A friend.

well a bit,
some specs you do need to have are the followed :
Good internet ( because of lagg )
512 ram ( Because of lagg )

You'r intrnet won't go slower , ur dad just take an excuse to don't let u get an server! :p
i swear ur pc might go a bit slower bcuz of sql .. but don't care about that ! :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
help pls !!!

i tried evrything u said but i have problems when i clik on 4 or 5 link in server..some Mutto problems ithnik? pls help

Back