Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to setup ur own 97d+99 router guide!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I followed all the server instructions, and it starts up right, but I can't seem to get the client files to work to connect to my server! Can someone PM me with the steps?? I am lost :S I have tried everything.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know what happened to my old post, so I'm posting again. Someone tell me what is up. I got everything down packed, server starts up perfectly, and I put the ip in the main.exe, with hte correct port. But it's not connecting. If Someone can pm, that woudl be great!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i want to create 1.02D server can you make guide for router for this version of server? pleasee

[Czt] Coder Team Member
Reaction score
Code:
strange....
when i put 192.168.xx.xx as my ip everywhere i can play no probs, but once i do as it says in ur guide and try to connect, then click on the server button and connecto to it, i get DC....howcome?

Well u should check ur ''hosts'' file in ur Windows extension.
This would make sence ;)
Or u should check the '''Microsoft Loopback Adaptor''
Good luck + thanks for all the complimants!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice guide everything worked fine with me

but i dont have Microsoft Loopback Adapter where can i get it ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah realy good job non guild got me this far 1 guild even got my internet out for 2 weeks
not that it whas his fould but mine

anyway when my server runs i dont get a login screen?! help plz

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah good work but when i start server and i go ingame there wont be a log in screen

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
good job i love it non guild got me this far but i just need 1 single thing

when i start the game on client and then it says loading then the screen were should be a log in screen comes but there isnt a log in

ok now easy :

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
umm where can i find my dns it isnt under ipconfig

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just to help you out ill answer some of the questions asked here..
1st - your local IP is the Ip of your computer within the LAn network. the global /public is the Ip of your computer to the outside world.
2cnd- the guide works. I've personally set up my server a few times just for kicks and it works. 100% . To create accounts i suggest you use MuEditor this also helps you assigm Gm status to chars, give items to players and just all around manage your server.
3rd- you should be fine using sql on 64 Bit. Im using a 64 bit processor as well and no problems there.
4-th just a heads up in order to make a server using a newer verions for example 1.01 E you will need sql 2005 not 2000.
6th once you know how to set up a server you can get one fully runiing from scratch in about 10-15 minuetes minus download time of files.

any other questions can be asked to me since Noobies doesnt seem to be updating this thread anymore.. not tring to blame anyone just attempting to help out..
ANthraX

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i hawe made all things OK i puted global ip in server ind gived global ip to ppl but they cant connect WAYYYYYY wey cantt connect????????

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
go min website no-ip and reg now u hawe DNS
and u 1 who has 2 ips go in google and write 'my ip' it will be u global ip and other what u cant see will be local

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi im stacy , and i want to make a sever in my computer , and haev some thing wrong , and can you hlpe me pls , and pm me bak in :AIM : anchidizi , thanks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Starting the sever =(

can someone help me plz i done all of the guide ^^ but how do i start the sever and play on it =(

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Help plz

this is probly a rely noob queston but how do i start the sever and how to i make me a GM ^^

PPLZ PLZ ADD ME TO MSN OR WHAT EVA AND U CAN TALK AND TRY HELP EACH OTHER ^^ or just post hear plz HELP!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello i cant get this step to work

First of all go Start>All Program's>Microsoft Sql Server>Service Manager.
Start it and close it ;) ( not exit :p )

it wont start it just comes up with this

An error 1069 - ...

can some one help me plz

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hopefully someonw will see this soon. I've managed to get to "Restoring the Databases" all fine and dandy, but when when I right click on MuOnline there is no option of 'all tasks' or 'restore database'. What did I miss?

Back