Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDES] Setup your MuOnline Server From Season 97D to S18

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Setup your Own server Season 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

Well i havent tried that yet.. does sound somehow possible though..

can i ask what is the reason you want to do that? maybe there is a better solution for your reason.. ?

maybe there is setup on ODBC for remote sql connecitons?

I just do it for study case, just to learn the new way how to run the MU server.

The reason is, there are a lot of SQL service provider (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud) which have high availability. The home server, or virtual machine will go down one day. I just want to have the database store somewhere safe.

There is an update, most likely Azure SQL database doesn't provide AD auth, only SQL account auth where the dataserver requires both. I am still find a solution for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

u can simply use auto backup advanced program and make it backup your databse to GOOGLE.DRIVE or FTP or DROPBOX every minute/5 minutes/10minutes/hour etc.. its safer to do that instead in my opinion.. so u will always have database backup no matter what happens.

other than that i dont think i know other solution, its a bit too new for me to tell u what to do ... definetly must establish connection between 1 VPS to other VPS' database.. if u can figure out doing that..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Anyone can help if how to fix this ODBC FAIL ?

Thanks

Reaction score

you can feel free and ignore this error, it doesn't affect almost anything. If you want to fix it, change the db name in eventfolder svconfig.txt to MuOnline for both connections and it should say success, but both ways, it doesnt matter much. and be sure u did this:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

you can feel free and ignore this error, it doesn't affect almost anything. If you want to fix it, change the db name in eventfolder svconfig.txt to MuOnline for both connections and it should say success, but both ways, it doesnt matter much. and be sure u did this:

I follow your guide on Season 3 very well but when I run the gameserver. I encounter this error.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

that should be fixed by changing sql version downgrade or upgrade

Done downgrading SQL and it runs properly but my problem now is I can't connect the server. After open the Main then finish loading and Disconnect.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Done downgrading SQL and it runs properly but my problem now is I can't connect the server. After open the Main then finish loading and Disconnect.

Sir Karli? I run the server in Win7 Sp1 using SQL 2000. I follow your tutorial on Season 4 but when i run the Gameserver it will not open.

Last edited:
H

Hajnej

Re: Setup your Own server Season 1 ~ 9

Hello guys,I just would like to ask, if someone did the Season 1 or 2 on Win10 Pro 64 bit,I tried it as per tutorials, but there is a lot of issues.Please let me know if someone did it.Thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey Karli this thread is from 2009 i can't belive you are still helping people, you are a legend.
anyways, i'm trying to setup my s1 mu server, i've done the whole guide, tried deploying the server, but the gs gave me an error - "Login server connect fail" - while writing this the problem solved it self lol. but now i have another problem, everything seems to run well, no errors from the gs, but when i try to connect the server from my machine, it doesn't let me...
the port is open i checked it with open port check tool. i can't figure out what the problem is...
do you have any clue?

Reaction score

Hey Karli this thread is from 2009 i can't belive you are still helping people, you are a legend.
anyways, i'm trying to setup my s1 mu server, i've done the whole guide, tried deploying the server, but the gs gave me an error - "Login server connect fail" - while writing this the problem solved it self lol. but now i have another problem, everything seems to run well, no errors from the gs, but when i try to connect the server from my machine, it doesn't let me...
the port is open i checked it with open port check tool. i can't figure out what the problem is...
do you have any clue?
Hi there! i appreciate your comment mate!

login server fail mostly because joinserver is not running before u open GS, probably you didn't edit client side correctly, here an updated season 1 tutorial that i did specially for vps servers:

the files u are trying to install are old MBT , sure functional but i prefer you to be up to date! unless the files are good enough for publishment, and i doubt it since they are really out dated and no one worked them in the long run for a decade so.. try this mega link and let me know.

Hello guys,I just would like to ask, if someone did the Season 1 or 2 on Win10 Pro 64 bit,I tried it as per tutorials, but there is a lot of issues.Please let me know if someone did it.Thank you

It should be possible, only way to figoure out is let us know your issues and let us help you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi there! i appreciate your comment mate!

login server fail mostly because joinserver is not running before u open GS, probably you didn't edit client side correctly, here an updated season 1 tutorial that i did specially for vps servers:

the files u are trying to install are old MBT , sure functional but i prefer you to be up to date! unless the files are good enough for publishment, and i doubt it since they are really out dated and no one worked them in the long run for a decade so.. try this mega link and let me know.

It should be possible, only way to figoure out is let us know your issues and let us help you.

I only tried the provided client, and it won't run on my windows 10, it says - This app can't run on your PC, a compatibility error

Edit:
I used the new server files and it's working great, do you have a tutorial on gm command? because i can't get /item or /drop to work, or a tutorial how to configure the gm commands

Last edited:
Reaction score

I only tried the provided client, and it won't run on my windows 10, it says - This app can't run on your PC, a compatibility error

Edit:
I used the new server files and it's working great, do you have a tutorial on gm command? because i can't get /item or /drop to work, or a tutorial how to configure the gm commands

in DTData\commands.cfg file

Code:
[PostCommand]
Enable = 1		; 1 - Enabled, 0 - Disabled
MinLevel = 1		; Minimum level to use post command
OnlyForGM = 0		; 1 - Only game masters can use post command, 0 - all
Price = 100000		; Cost usage
Color = 3		; 0 - normal, 1 - party, 2 - guild, 3 - guild alliance, 4 - dark blue
SaveLogs = 1		; Save post logs
Syntax = /post 

[AddCommand]
MinLevel = 1		; Minimum level to use add command
OnlyForGM = 0		; 1 - Only game masters can use add command, 0 - all
MaxPointsForAdd = 1000	; Max points to be added at once
MaximumPoints = 32767	; Maximum points
AddStrSyntax = /addstr 
AddAgiSyntax = /addagi 
AddVitSyntax = /addvit 
AddEneSyntax = /addene 
AddCmdSyntax = /addcmd 

[ResetCommand]
MinLevel = 1		; Minimum level to use reset command
OnlyForGM = 0		; Cost usage
Price = 100000		; 1 - Only game masters can use reset command, 0 - all
ResetStats = 0		; 1 - Resets stats, 0 - keep stats
BonusPoints = 500	; Bonus points for every reset
BonusCredits = 0 	; Bonus webshop credits for every reset
ClearInventory = 1	; Clear inventory
Syntax = /reset

[PKClearCommand]
MinLevel = 1		; Minimum level to use pkclear command
OnlyForGM = 0		; 1 - Only game masters can use pkclear command, 0 - all
Syntax = /pkclear

[OnlineCommand]
MinLevel = 1		; Minimum level to use online command
OnlyForGM = 0		; 1 - Only game masters can use online command, 0 - all
Syntax = /online

[TimeCommand]
MinLevel = 1		; Minimum level to use time command
OnlyForGM = 0		; 1 - Only game masters can use time command, 0 - all
Syntax = /time

[GGCommand]
Enable = 1 		; 1 - Enabled, 0 - Disabled
SaveLogs = 1 		; Save gg logs
Syntax = /gg 

[ReloadCommand]
SaveLogs = 1 		; Save reload logs
Syntax = /reload 

[BanPostCommand]
SaveLogs = 1		; Save ban post logs
Syntax = /banpost 

[UnBanPostCommand]
SaveLogs = 1		; Save unban post logs
Syntax = /unbanpost 

[SkinCommand]
Syntax = /skin 

[DropCommand]
SaveLogs = 1		; Save drop logs
Syntax = /drop 

[VaultCommand]
MaxVaults = 10		; Max vaults (limit is 10)
Syntax = /vault 

[BanCharCommand]
SaveLogs = 1		; Save ban character logs
Syntax = /banchar 

[UnBanCharCommand]
SaveLogs = 1		; Save unban character logs
Syntax = /unbanchar 

[EvoCommand]
MinLevel = 150		; Minimum level to use evo command
OnlyForGM = 0		; 1 - Only game masters can use evo command, 0 - all
Syntax = /evo

[MarryCommand]
MinLevel = 50		; Minimum level to use marry command
Price = 500000		; Cost usage
Map = 2			; Map number
HusbandPosX = 13	; Husband X Coordinates
HusbandPosY = 25	; Husband Y Coordinates
WifePosX = 13		; Wife X Coordinates
WifePosY = 26		; Wife Y Coordinates
AllowOnlineMarry = 1	; Allow marry status
AllowTraceMarry = 1	; Allow trace marry
Syntax = /marry 
AcceptSyntax = /accept
DivorceSyntax = /divorce
StatusSyntax = /marrystatus
TraceSyntax = /tracemarry
GetMarrySyntax = /getmarry

[HideOnCommand]
Syntax = /hide_on

[HideOffCommand]
Syntax = /hide_off

[QuestInfoCommand]
Enable = 1
Syntax = /questinfo

[BuyVipCommand]
Syntax = /buyvip

[VipInfoCommand]
Syntax = /vipinfo

[OffTradeCommand]
Enable = 1
Map = 0
VIPsOnly = 0
Syntax = /offtrade

so these are the commands
for drop

[DropCommand]
Enable = 1 ; 1 - Enabled, 0 - Disabled
SaveLogs = 1 ; Save drop logs
Syntax = /drop

and as it says /drop is the command.

make sure you make your character GM FIRST.

go to GMSystem.txt in the same folder

[GMSystem]
Enable = 1

//GM Name Day Month Year /gg /reload /banpost/unbanpost/drop/banchar/unbanchar
TesTMG 21 12 2012 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
end

rename TesTMG with your CHARACTER
change 2012 to 2050 (just for test and u can change dates etc later)

and there you go, all gm custom commands /gg /reload /banpost/unbanpost/drop/banchar/unbanchar besides /trace and /disconnect ! etc.

warning: restart gameserver.exe after making ur self GM ... and changing any configs from DTData since reloading doesnt works always or on all fileS!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi, I am hosting my own server using my personal computer, everything is fine, my friend can play.
But I am unable to connect to the game, it showing server, when I selected one, I got disconnected.
I read lot threads about playing game on the same pc that hosting server but no solution yet.
Hope you can help me out. THanks!
Server info: IGCN S9 Ep2 repack by DragonSeth.

Reaction score

your issues is your ISP/ your router/ your modem/ your connection.

what i would do if i was you ...

1. change in serverlist.dat the global IP to your LAN ip (start>run>cmd> ipconfig the IPV4) and reload connectserver serverlist.dat
and then u can connect.. but once u connect others cant, (so u must change back and refresh the serverlist config)

2. ifu have another computer u can use, install Betternet or any other proxy and connect to your server then, there is no pro solution here, its your router/modem problem... maybe if u connect direct cable it will work better

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

your issues is your ISP/ your router/ your modem/ your connection.

what i would do if i was you ...

1. change in serverlist.dat the global IP to your LAN ip (start>run>cmd> ipconfig the IPV4) and reload connectserver serverlist.dat
and then u can connect.. but once u connect others cant, (so u must change back and refresh the serverlist config)

2. ifu have another computer u can use, install Betternet or any other proxy and connect to your server then, there is no pro solution here, its your router/modem problem... maybe if u connect direct cable it will work better
Thanks for you reply.
I have change my mind, I setup for LAN only, but via I and my friend can play together just like an online server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Having issues with the season 6 client, when I use the patched version the main.exe closes once I log into my account. If I use the client without patching it, it runs but it crashes every 10-20 minutes. Is there any stable client I can use?

Reaction score

hmm, the main closing once log into account or once log into the character and load to warp on the map ?

cus if its that, maybe u edited ur character wrong ? other than that im not sure and i hope is not somethin like ur antivirus/defender etc blockin some files in the client That-Cool-Guy

Back