Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDES] Setup your MuOnline Server From Season 97D to S18

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
missing main.exe and config-dev from client s16

Hi,

I tried to follow this guid e to create a s16 server. It all works to the point of setting up the client. It is missing the main.exe aslo the config-dev file.
Could you please help with this issue?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I used ss16 files...when i use gm command /make or MuEditor to make items but cant wear any items which i made,right click on it to wear but it disappear right after that..it said : the authentication server is offline please contact administrator?
anyone can help with this issue?

edit: i fixed problems

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MuOnline.bak, Ranking.bak and Events.bak for season 6? no need restore this?

JoinServer Connect Fail!! and DataServer - not responding

Reaction score
MuOnline.bak, Ranking.bak and Events.bak for season 6? no need restore this?

JoinServer Connect Fail!! and DataServer - not responding

muonline.bak is always needed to restore, it should be as .sql file or .bak that u have to run in sql or restore it manually. ranking and events is also necessary if its in the ffiles included.

joinserver fail is a odbc problem mostly, or misconfig of sql details in the programs, or something else that i cant tell 100% if i dont see my self how you installed the server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for this. I am starting to install the Seanson 1 but can't extract the files since it requires password.
I downloaded it from the link you provided from your youtube video.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi! Really great tutorial. I was able to start the server without issues. I followed the one for Season 2.
Only thing I noticed is that every time I login to the game and choose a character, all the stats show 0 (and all items, equipped or in inventory) say that the character doesn't have enough points to equip them). It only fixes itself once the character levels up (the extra 5 points appear to be added, and all the current stats show correctly). Do you know how to fix this bug?
Thanks!
IMG_6060 - [GUIDES] Setup your MuOnline Server From Season 97D to S18 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi! Really great tutorial. I was able to start the server without issues. I followed the one for Season 2.
Only thing I noticed is that every time I login to the game and choose a character, all the stats show 0 (and all items, equipped or in inventory) say that the character doesn't have enough points to equip them). It only fixes itself once the character levels up (the extra 5 points appear to be added, and all the current stats show correctly). Do you know how to fix this bug?
Thanks!View attachment 244743

Hi
as i wrote you privately, this could be pc/vps memory SSD/HDD issue that rollbacks and restores the data cuz of no space, other than that it could be that u edited ur character wrong with editor and it becomes corrupted,. like try to make character from inside game and see if that happens, normally it shouldnt, no one reported such thing, so it could be some mistake on ur side.

PS: ofcourse ur stats are 0 and if there is server side PROTECTION in configs it checks and will disconnect or bring this problems, so go in SQL SERVER Databases> muonline> right click and show all rows for DefaultClassType, and if its 0 0 0 0 0 0 for alll character stats energy,stamina,agility,strength,command then make them 25 25 25 25 25 and re-test.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi
as i wrote you privately, this could be pc/vps memory SSD/HDD issue that rollbacks and restores the data cuz of no space, other than that it could be that u edited ur character wrong with editor and it becomes corrupted,. like try to make character from inside game and see if that happens, normally it shouldnt, no one reported such thing, so it could be some mistake on ur side.

PS: ofcourse ur stats are 0 and if there is server side PROTECTION in configs it checks and will disconnect or bring this problems, so go in SQL SERVER Databases> muonline> right click and show all rows for DefaultClassType, and if its 0 0 0 0 0 0 for alll character stats energy,stamina,agility,strength,command then make them 25 25 25 25 25 and re-test.
Thanks mate, and I really appreciate you replying to this old post and keeping it updated. You are really the mvp. Don’t think it’s an issue with my local memory (got quite high specs in my personal laptop and doing everything locally and not in VM or remote) and also I can play other mu servers without issues. The character was created inside the game (I even tried with different accounts and multiple characters) and all have the same problem. The database values are correct (they are not 0). I’d bet is an issue with the client (it’s a different one from the one you follow in your video, in spite of being downloaded from the link provided in the video). The only different thing I did was using a hex editor to modify the client so that I could set my own ip (as there was no separate file to specify ip). Maybe that corrupted it? It’s a weird bug tbh. If you happen to know anything else don’t hesitate in letting me know. In any case the tutorial is spot on and works like a charm so all kudos to you! I might try following the tutorial again but for S1 (I’m keen on old school and I think S1 has the Dark Lord in it? The older the better! I know for sure the 97-99 has only MG).
Anyways thanks for the tutorial and for being active in the forum! Really appreciated!!

PS: if you happen to have a S1 server with the config files with original values for drops, zen, gems (not all drops at 100%) , and even config files of merchants with original stores (not all excellent +13 full lol) I’d be keen on having them as I’d love to create a server with difficulty similar to the original 1x mu online).

Reaction score
Hey bro, 97+99 version have trojan, do you have a clean files?
as i mentioned on the video comment, only downgrade can be free of virus files cuz they are modern downgrade files, old client and old files are coded the old way and have old fake virus, unless u wanna buy files from someone who re-make files but i cant recommend such a thing.

Back