Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDES] Setup your MuOnline Server From Season 97D to S18

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Setup your Own server Season 1 ~ 9 and S16

Hi
I want to set up a s16 server.
Im using MuLegend files.
In video tutorials database is being recovered from .bak file.
However these files doesnt include .bak file, instead some sql files.
What do i do?

Reaction score

Hi
I want to set up a s16 server.
Im using MuLegend files.
In video tutorials database is being recovered from .bak file.
However these files doesnt include .bak file, instead some sql files.
What do i do?

You understand that Mu Online and Mu Legend are 2 different games, right? I don't think there's any S16 for Mu Legend. It's just Mu Legend.

What files are you trying to set up? A link would be good.

And that video tutorial you saw is for MuDevs, not for Legend.mu.
Anyway, if you are trying to say that you are trying to set up Legend.mu S16 1.1 server files (https://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-legend-mu-client-amp-1195391/index44.html), then I think you should take your time and read the entire forum thread to see what's going on with it.
These Legend.mu S16 server files are unstable and still under development by RageZone developers and many other contributors.

However, to answer you the question why there's no .bak files:
Legend.mu S16 1.1 is using MySQL, not MS SQL. Just execute those SQL files.
And no, these files are not actually newbie-friendly server files.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

hello everyone here! i'm new on this forum and its pretty cool to be part of you! so i have a question, but for 1st i must say to you guys that i want to make my own server season 2 because in my country is not anymore s2 server and old players wishs to play to go in old memories ^_^
i was searching everywhere for server files to download for season2 but i cant find, there are just delleted links or not works that links.
so can anyone give me advice or help me to create some good server (only s2) ? if yes, lets start work togather and you will be rewarded <3
thank you for your time <3
oh i allmost forgot. you can contact with me here in pvt or in skype : magarooo1 or in telegram : AnreQss

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

hi, i tried to wear silver heart shield to my soul wizard but item says Dragon Knight. So, i tried editing item.xml under Silver Heart Shield DW="3" but cant wear. couldnt find any working bmd editor as well. this is the only item that I want to edit. i have able to download BmD editor in other threads but when i tried to open in .txt, it says file too large. Do you have bmd editor that can be used for 16.2?

Reaction score

hi, i tried to wear silver heart shield to my soul wizard but item says Dragon Knight. So, i tried editing item.xml under Silver Heart Shield DW="3" but cant wear. couldnt find any working bmd editor as well. this is the only item that I want to edit. i have able to download BmD editor in other threads but when i tried to open in .txt, it says file too large. Do you have bmd editor that can be used for 16.2?

if u wanna edit the exact item use this decompiled .bmd by myheart find the one u wanna edit and put it in ur client item folder, then edit/open with pentium tools cracked by xakumm if u want to change something, where it says dragon knight?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

if u wanna edit the exact item use this decompiled .bmd by myheart find the one u wanna edit and put it in ur client item folder, then edit/open with pentium tools cracked by xakumm if u want to change something, where it says dragon knight?

i manually searched for "Silver Heart Shield", couldn't find any. I tried doing the search item by typing "silver" which gaves me 0 results. Tried searching "heart", it gives me "heartgirl.bmd" and "heartgirlup.bmd", tried searching for a "shield", it gave me a result of "Ghosthorse_item_shield.bmd".

im sorry i dont know if im doing it right.

Reaction score

on igcn files for example in itemlist.xml u can see which bmd used in client like this and then search it up

6GGTD73 - [GUIDES] Setup your MuOnline Server From Season 97D to S18 - RaGEZONE Forums

View attachment itemlsit.rar

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

on igcn files for example in itemlist.xml u can see which bmd used in client like this and then search it up

6GGTD73 - [GUIDES] Setup your MuOnline Server From Season 97D to S18 - RaGEZONE Forums

View attachment 172043

your itemlsit is very detailed. my item is only written as item.xml which doesn't show ModelPath="Data\Item" ModelFile="Masteryshild_dk06.bmd" like the one you share.

Attachments

Reaction score

your itemlsit is very detailed. my item is only written as item.xml which doesn't show ModelPath="Data\Item" ModelFile="Masteryshild_dk06.bmd" like the one you share.

yes cus its different files, it doesnt have to show that in ur files/server side not all files feature that in the config, now can you find find the file, if u dont have it then maybe u need it thats why it show wrong? try this file add in data/item folder .

View attachment shields.rar

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Karli,

I was able to run my server through virtual box but I can't seem to connect my host pc to the server. The client automatically closed once I've opened it I've make sure that I've changed the ip from the Dev config.ini but still can't connect hope you can help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi !
I tried to set S16 according to this tutorial. All works good, but when I starting the game the server list don't show up. Then I've done ODBC like in this tutorial
. But the problem didn't leave... Anything else I can be missing.

Reaction score
Hi !
I tried to set S16 according to this tutorial. All works good, but when I starting the game the server list don't show up. Then I've done ODBC like in this tutorial
. But the problem didn't leave... Anything else I can be missing.

If you are using legend.Mu S16.1 server files, these server files are not using SQL or ODBC. It's using MySQL.

Reaction score
@zipper20032 he is using mu devs free release, not legend mu files so yeah should use mssql without complications
Ownige

i dont know what ip you put in files,client if u have to open ports or not, u gotta share more information about that, if u put global ip run whole server and go to run 44405 and 55901 for example they must success if they failed = thats the issue, if success then somewher else is the issue, maybe u having wifi and u must use lan ip in order to run the server cus port opening for u doesnt work, the only way to make it work u must use lan ip in connectserver config instead and restart connectserver then and join, but then others wont be able to join unless u put back global ip(while u in game) and restart connectserver so they join, but thats all only if u use wireless wifi modem,router that causes the issue

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone here encounter that the main.exe wont run or if i try to click the start game so many pop up message

Im using season16 files

Back