Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Nano Launcher / Open-Source / Last Update (25.01.2009)

4ever Alone = my religion
Reaction score
Features:
1. Auto Update (Checks does the user has the same version, if not then it will download the new version)
(Finished!!)
2. Check File MD5 CheckSum (For example if item.bmd is changed the checksum will be different and the launcher checks it and if its different it will download the original item.bmd and replace the edited)
(Finished!!)
3. Edit main.exe IP (Binary editing) (For example when the user presses the Start Game button the launcher edits the main.exe IP and then starts it and waits till its closed, after it closes it changes the IP to connect.muonline.co.kr, so that peoples with low knowledge in computers wouldn't be able to connect to the server without starting the launcher. Yeah a lame protection, but still....I'm just a beginner VB.Net developer. Any suggestions are accepted.)
(Finished!!)
4. Web Browser ofcourse (For news and anything you want)
(Finished!!)
5. Changing game options
(Finished!!)
6. Edit main.exe Serial (Binary editing) (Changed the Main Serial when the user press the Start Game button - can be disabled and enabled on server side)
(Finished!!)
7. Edit main.exe Version (Binary editing) (Changed the Main Version when the user press the Start Game button - can be disabled and enabled on server side)
(Finished!!)

Downloads:
### 29.07.2008 ###
NEW!
### 30.07.2008 ###
Nano CheckSum Generator NEW!
### 13.09.2008 ###
OLD!
OLD!
Nano Version Calculator NEW!
### 28.11.2008 ###
OLD!
### 12.01.2009 ###
OLD!
NEW!
NEW!
### 15.01.2009 ###
Visual Studio 2005 VB.NET Source Code OLD!
### 19.01.2009 ###
OLD!
### 21.01.2009 ###
OLD!
### 25.01.2009 ###
NEW!

ALL THE LINKS ARE DEAD SO PLEASE ->

Legends:
NEW! - Means that this is the latest version which is available.
OLD! - Means that this is NOT the latest version. For the latest version look at the date above the files which is between the ### signs.

Definitions:
Nano Launcher Images Source - This file containts all the visual images that you see in the original Nano Launcher.
Nano CheckSum Generator - This file contains generator which generates an MD5 checksum of the files you want to add in the server side CheckSumFiles.txt.
Nano Version Calculator - This file containts version calculator which calculates the main version which then can be used in the server side var.ini at the value - Version.
NanoLauncher Server Side Web Files - This file containts all the files that are necessary for the server side to where the launcher will going to be connecting and checking for updates and other options.
Visual Studio 2008 VB.NET Source Code - This file containts the original VB.Net source code of the Nano Launcher, which can be viewed and edited in Visual Studio 2008.
Visual Studio 2005 VB.NET Source Code - This file containts the original VB.Net source code of the Nano Launcher, which can be viewed and edited in Visual Studio 2005.

ChangeLog:
### 12.01.2009 ### OLD!
Recoded the NanoLauncher
Now the code is better
Doesn't use the My.Settings anymore - it was the cause of many problems ^^
Shows the amount of updates while downloading - example 5/39 ^^
Now if the UpdateHost specified in Registry is not working then the launcher try's to connect to the one which is specified in the launcher
Added MainExeName in var.ini, since some peoples change their .exe name's.
see for yourself what's changed :p
ADDED NEW TOOL - SAY NO TO FRAMEWORK INSTALLATION ^^
Finally I got it with crack!!! WEEE! ENJOY!
This tool basically what it does is that it makes any application that requires .net framework as portable with the .net framework included, BUT I AM WARNING YOU - it will make your software around 50 MB bigger. ^^

If you need guide on this then it's already included.
HINT! Command line: Linker -mdeploy "my application.exe"
PLEASE DO NOT SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD

### 19.01.2009 ### OLD!
Registry values - fixed.
When starting launcher it didn't read the latest update version from registry - fixed.
Didn't read MainExeName from the server var.ini - Fixed.

### 21.01.2009 ### OLD!
Button on click event picture changing improved - now when you click for example Website button the image won't stuck till the browser will be loaded.
If you have CheckCheckSums enabled on the server side then the launcher doesn't start the main - fixed.
After the update have been completed launcher didn't enable the Start Game button - fixed.
Some path's fixed.
### 25.01.2009 ### NEW!
Added sound to buttons as it is in the original Mu Korea launcher.

### 12.01.2009 (var.ini) ###
[Settings]
UpdateHost = 127.0.0.1
ClientUpdateVersion = 2

CheckChecksums = 0

MainExeName = "main.exe" NEW!

EditMain = 0
MainOffset = 003F593C
MainIP = 127.0.0.1

EditVersion = 0
VersionOffset = 0040870C
Version = 22846

EditSerial = 0
SerialOffset = 00408714
Serial = A9Bo0zrxSCnano12

OnMainExitCloseLauncher = 1

Web1Url = "http://notice.muonline.co.kr/LunchView/html/LunchLeft.html"
Web2Url = "http://notice.muonline.co.kr/LunchView/html/LunchRight.html"

Link1 = "http://www.yourweb.com/index.html"
Link2 = "http://www.yourweb.com/registration.html"
Link3 = "http://forum.yourweb.com"

Report here the bugs if there are any, so that I could fix them!
P.S. Do not flame here anyone and no spamming.

Credits:
Mu Korea for the launcher images
Me (nanoman) for coding all the launcher.
Respect the credits please!
Sam3000 for the source code conversion from VS 2008 to VS 2005

This project is Open-Source so if anyone want's to add new functions, just simply post here the source of your function and I will update the post and add the credits for your function or any improvement! :p
Also if you can create a new design then do so and I will update the thread with the new designs and credits!
Let's keep the launcher Open for the community and everyone else so that anyone who is willing to learn can do so.

CheckSumFiles.txt
// The first line specifies how many files need to check
// And the rest lines specify the file name and file CheckSum
// If you wan't to disable the file checking then in the var.ini change the CheckCheckSums = 1 to CheckCheckSums = 0
//
//
var.ini
// There you can edit the things you want
// If you wan't to make a new update then you have to change the version to bigger: Example - 2
// When you have done that, you need to make a new SFX (.exe) file with WinRar with the name of the new version. (Example: 2.exe)
SFX File creation
// Required: WinRar
// Mark all the files you wan't to be in the SFX file
// Press right mouse button
// Then press on: Add to archive...
// Select RAR
// Select at the Compression method: Best
// Check the: Create SFX archive
// Click the Advanced tab
// Click on SFX options...
// Select: Create in the current folder
// Select Modes tab
// Select: Hide all
// Select Update tab
// Select Extract and replace files
// Select Overwrite all files
// Select General tab
// Press on Save current settings as default
// Press OK
// Press OK
// Now it will compress the files to .exe file
// Next time you will do this, you will just need to
// Select RAR
// Select at the Compression Method: Best
// And select: Create SFX Archive
// Thats all
//
//
// !!!!!! REMEMBER THAT LAUNCHER REQUIRES .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 !!!!!!!!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Dev] Nano Launcher

Nice =)
but you have any screenshoots?

Reaction score

What could screenshots give you? Currently it has only the Mu Korea launcher design, cause I'm not a designer and can't design my own look of it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

What could screenshots give you? Currently it has only the Mu Korea launcher design, cause I'm not a designer and can't design my own look of it.

Cool i Like Mu Korea Launcher Design
Good Luck :technolog

Reaction score

Thanks! Yeah that can be done. I was thinking of releasing also the source code later on, but still thinking. Well going back to coding...

Retired Old Man
Loyal Member
Reaction score

you better keep the source code, eitherway all hackers can find the holes ;)

Reaction score

Update: Changing Game Options finished!
Now moving on to the Auto Update function.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

OFFTOP : hmm... is some one have auto update sources???

Reaction score

I have a question for you guys: What would be the best way to update? Download each file separately or download one SFX .exe file (Created with WinRar) which will then self extract?
Examples:
1st method: The server owner at the webserver in a .ini file specifies a list of files which will be downloaded by the launcher.
[Settings]
File1 = main.exe
File2 = Data/Local/item.bmd
And So on....
2nd Method: The server owner marks a list of files and then presses right mouse button and clicks on "Add to archive...", then he selects the .rar file and SFX option and then it packs all the files in .exe file. The launcher downloads the SFX file and executs it and the SFX file extracts all the files. (I think this would be the easiest way, not writing all the file names and so on as in the 1st Method)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I like the 1st method...

Reaction score

But imagine if you would have 100 files to update, would you want to write all them in the .ini file, including the folders they are located at?

Retired Old Man
Loyal Member
Reaction score

2nd, its almost same than the Mu.exe got

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Great Job dude Say Hello to my Friend Aszmodeus , Fantoma say hallo to him
keep pro

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

noob question.
Will your launcher need framework or not?

Reaction score

Unfortunately - yes it will need a .net framework. Since it's coded in Visual Basic .NET.
If I would of knew the C++ language it would be in that language and wouldn't need the .Net Framework. Because of this I think that no one will wan't to use my launcher. ;( Well, but I am still trying to do something in that slow VB.Net...^^ And yes my launcher is slow, cause vb.net sux hard, but what can I do about that - nothing, cause I don't know other coding languages as good as the VB.Net.

Auto Update - Finished!
Edit: Moving on to the CheckSum check.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Unfortunately - yes it will need a .net framework. Since it's coded in Visual Basic .NET.
If I would of knew the C++ language it would be in that language and wouldn't need the .Net Framework. Because of this I think that no one will wan't to use my launcher. ;( Well, but I am still trying to do something in that slow VB.Net...^^ And yes my launcher is slow, cause vb.net sux hard, but what can I do about that - nothing, cause I don't know other coding languages as good as the VB.Net.

Auto Update - Finished!
Edit: Moving on to the CheckSum check.

check it and you will see,its not so big differs between languages. Like Logic same, but writing different.

Reaction score

Yeah lol...those are the simplest functions you showed. Try to remake my code to the C++ with the logic...most of the functions in VB.Net are not in the C++ well they are, but they are completely different in names. ^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah lol...those are the simplest functions you showed. Try to remake my code to the C++ with the logic...most of the functions in VB.Net are not in the C++ well they are, but they are completely different in names. ^^
:D I mean translate from any language it possible :DDDD but can take a lot of time ((((

Back