Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Classic MU Online | 0.97d+0.99i | x5 | No resets & no donations

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Weird server, not even close to an old school low rates server. There are no spots where it should be and there are spots with 30 monsters where it shouldn't. Why would you add spots with 30 monsters, on a low rates server? People at lvl 200 can kill goldens +5, why tho? The farm and gear making should be the main thing on a server like this. Only at lvl 350 you should be abble to kill some goldens and pretty hard tho, on a non rr server with lvl 350 max, a golden it's a boss that gives you something you can't achieve somewhere else so must be pretty hard to kill. No wonder there are 100+ characters and 2 players online, the server is a mess. Has season 2-3 skins on weapons that looks ugly as fk. Items lasts too long on the floor and creates visual bug on these big spots with 30 mobs, the mobs becomes invisible. I tested the server for 20 minutes and found out so many bad things that you could easily fix or change. Instead 2 players, you could have at least 40+, easily.Anyway, good luck with the server, you should consider change some things if you want it to grow, and if not, you should just close it, there is nothing to do on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, I appreciate the feedback. Settings are still being adjusted, and golden mobs definitely going to be addressed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As far as I know, buff time limit is hard coded into 0.97 and cannot be changed. Regarding the grind - its a matter of preference/opinion. Is the 100 reset grind faster or more enjoyable than climbing to lvl 350 once? To each their own :)

Fair enough with the buff timers. Maybe just get rid of them in that case? :) (your call)

Played a little longer, and it's not as grindy as it seems to be at the start - so that's fine.

Few issues that bother me:

Not enough spots - the only feasible location I found to level up thus far is Davias3, that's at level 130!

Renas, so far I managed to find 1 Rena, I got another 5 from another player, so questing is right next to impossible with the Rena requirements - again your call on this.

In terms of spots: back in the day when I used to run my own server (which I might get back to again ;-)) I fairly heavily modified the monster spawns, I can maybe share the file with you (if you're interested) or maybe find one online already if you can;t be bothered doing them yourself.

My server wasn't overly easy so the spots aren't crazy massive either.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fair enough with the buff timers. Maybe just get rid of them in that case? :) (your call)

Played a little longer, and it's not as grindy as it seems to be at the start - so that's fine.

Few issues that bother me:

Not enough spots - the only feasible location I found to level up thus far is Davias3, that's at level 130!

Renas, so far I managed to find 1 Rena, I got another 5 from another player, so questing is right next to impossible with the Rena requirements - again your call on this.

In terms of spots: back in the day when I used to run my own server (which I might get back to again ;-)) I fairly heavily modified the monster spawns, I can maybe share the file with you (if you're interested) or maybe find one online already if you can;t be bothered doing them yourself.

My server wasn't overly easy so the spots aren't crazy massive either.

Hey! I am working on spots as we speak. I am not going to reinvent the wheel, but instead add mobs to where people expect them to be (Davias, D2 bull room, D1 cages, D3, usual LT7 spots). I have purposely removed mobs from Arena so that it doesn't become an afk grind fest. Expect spots to be available in a day or two.

Regarding Renas - I have tried to come up with a use for them, and using them in quests was the only thing that came to my mind. They are meant to be dropping from Box of luck (I will double check if there is an issue there and fix if needed). That being said, there is a thought to re-do the quest system and make it more geared towards scavenger hunting with attribute points being the rewards (specially for those players who will reach the max level, since there are no resets)

One more adjustment to what the posted above you said about excellent items - I agree that there is a bit of a exe spam at the moment. Thats because of 3 reasons: frequent gold invasions, low server population, easy to kill golden mobs. Golden mobs have been adjusted and are not as easy to kill anymore. Next step will be reducing the frequency of invasions. These parameters will be adjusted as the server develops.

Please join us on Discord - I'm always there and up for a chat :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey! I am working on spots as we speak. I am not going to reinvent the wheel, but instead add mobs to where people expect them to be (Davias, D2 bull room, D1 cages, D3, usual LT7 spots). I have purposely removed mobs from Arena so that it doesn't become an afk grind fest. Expect spots to be available in a day or two.

Regarding Renas - I have tried to come up with a use for them, and using them in quests was the only thing that came to my mind. They are meant to be dropping from Box of luck (I will double check if there is an issue there and fix if needed). That being said, there is a thought to re-do the quest system and make it more geared towards scavenger hunting with attribute points being the rewards (specially for those players who will reach the max level, since there are no resets)

One more adjustment to what the posted above you said about excellent items - I agree that there is a bit of a exe spam at the moment. Thats because of 3 reasons: frequent gold invasions, low server population, easy to kill golden mobs. Golden mobs have been adjusted and are not as easy to kill anymore. Next step will be reducing the frequency of invasions. These parameters will be adjusted as the server develops.

Please join us on Discord - I'm always there and up for a chat :)

I was personally never a big fan of Arena grind fests, so I agree on that, I prefer more "natural" locations.

As for the quests: Currently Renas seem to drop from Box of Haven (got another 2 today!). Had one Box of Luck, but that just dropped Zen. Too small of a sample to assume they don't drop from BoL.

One Issue I am currently struggling with is that I have completed a quest and accepted a new one, but unfortunately forgot what the quest was. The guard doesn't seem to want to reveal what my task was, he's just annoyed I haven't done it yet. Logging into the game only reminds me that I have a quest, but won't say what it is either. - Something to look into maybe?

In the meantime, if you know what the next quest after 1 Ghost + 1 Rena is, please advise ;-)

I will probably join discord at some point. I am not going to lie to you, joined this server out of nostalgia and it makes me want to start up my server again, especially now that I've so much time on my hands (lockdown and all) so I'm just playing for fun for the time being and trying to see if I can pinch some ideas ;-)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can find out the quest details with /questinfo command. I should probably put the most useful commands in the server news :) I am planning a significant server update within a week - all kinds of suggestions are welcome!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi, main.exe seems to report as "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D7!ml".
Have you packed your main or added any hook to it that could trigger this behaviour?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, main.exe seems to report as "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D7!ml".
Have you packed your main or added any hook to it that could trigger this behaviour?

False positive was triggered even before I hooked an anti cheat to it. I think it has to do with how the main was packed (not by me). Its safe to use.

Back