Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need Some help a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"ATENTION THIS IS A STEP BY STEP TUT ON HOW I SET UP ITS BASED ON A XP 32 BIT SYSTEM"

Alrigh so ive been reading alot of the posts in this forum on errors but to tell you the truth im one of those visual learner kind of guys so heres how it goes in this thread could post step by step with pictures theres plenty of us out there that appreciate the text answers but we need pics of a step by step setup so:laugh: bare with me also if im doing something wrong this could help solve alot of the questions that people have also thanks again for your support
and yes i know theres a tutorial pdf with pics but this is for simple based errors that most of us probly do us newbs :blink:as this is how i set it up so if again im doing something wrong feel free to comment on the exact step thank you.

step1

deciding on what your server is going to be
1 2005 sql server + server manager studio
2 2008 sql server + server manager studio

step2

installing server for this tut im using 2008 with server manager
tut1.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums
click the new instalation

step3

check the a i accept liscence terms box and click next

step4

select all and click next
tut2.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step5

select default and click next
tut3 - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step6

select authority click next
tut4 - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step7

mark mixed and click make your own password thn click next
tut5 - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step8

click next

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
step8

click next
tut6.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step9

wait for it to install and finish could take 5-10 minutes
tut7.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step10

click finish
tut8.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums
click close i mean lol

step11

tut9.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step12

go to your start menu and click 2008 server manager and type your password you just barely made
tut10.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
step13

we need to create a database of the server so go database and right click add new database a window will pop up note we need to repeat this step 3 times to make the ini3_py_account, INI3Bill_DB, and Pangya_S4_TH IMPORTANT THIS IS IS FOR THE SERVER 4.9 FILES
tut11.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums
this is what it should look like after
tut12.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
step 14

here is were we are gonna restore the databse into sql server 2008
tut14.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step15

we will locate the .bak database files in the server 4.9 folder and restore them to the sql database throgh this action
tut13.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
step15

make shure u follow whats in the discription pic
tut15.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step15B

make shure match whts on the right to the left
tut16.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step16
tut17.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step17
tut18.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

we need to make shure the databases are loaded and connected to the server so go to control panel and go to administrator tools and click (ODBC) this is were gonna test to see that the server has a good connection to the settings
step17A

this is setting up the connection for test running
tut19.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
tut20.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step17B

make shure u have the name of the first step for every connection as it will depend on u success in the future of setting up a connection 2 your server
tut21.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step17C

tut22.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step17D

here is when u know u did it right
tut23.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

this is the big stuff on the setting up the database connections before you get into the server 4.9 files .ini for the 3 databases make shure you have everything up and with a successfull before going any furter.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Creator of Code
Reaction score
I didnt have time to look thru the whole thing but nice contribution!
Switch to a lighter theme and most ppl wont have issues reading the red on black text, just a pointer!

I can confirm that Pangya server runs fine on windows server 2012 and sql server 2012 (all 64bit)!
Client OS is either 32 or 64bit only difference when running on 64bit is the path in windows registry which needs to be appended with \SOFTWARE\SYSWOW64\....

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didnt have time to look thru the whole thing but nice contribution!
Switch to a lighter theme and most ppl wont have issues reading the red on black text, just a pointer!

I can confirm that Pangya server runs fine on windows server 2012 and sql server 2012 (all 64bit)!
Client OS is either 32 or 64bit only difference when running on 64bit is the path in windows registry which needs to be appended with \SOFTWARE\SYSWOW64\....
thanks chreadie for your comment yea i figured the basics need to be shown and thank you i ill change the text ive just been real busy with work so the next steps will come soon i plan to do the full tutorial as i also need some answers to some of the setup mechanics because i have a cant login issue at the end when its all done

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
step18

this is where we are gonna configure the .ini files in the server files so they communiate with the server
tut24.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step18A

were gonna configure it all so it communicates with the server remember DBPassword is your server password for studo and ip is your ip tht your using
tut25.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step18B

tut26.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step18C
once u do that start up servers see if they look right.
tut27.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

step18D

so if its not connecting then we need to go to the source in the server studio

databases.
Pangya_S4_TH.
Tables.
tut28.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
step18E

we need to modify the data
tut29.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

now make shure the data is set for the client projectG.exe
tut30.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is what i get when i finish a bunch of errors anyone be willing to let me know wat the problem could be? thanks you tut31.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums
tut32.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anythign on these out of place?
tut33.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums
and here? tut34.PNG - Need Some help  a step by step tut on how i set up correct me if im wrong. - RaGEZONE Forums

some of the things i face let me know your comments

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
could it be the server version on the game server needs to be 584.04 or somethng?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright guys a big problem is the wangreal.dll that i found to be the most hassle out of this whole mess but i have it running and working except the level maker gonna see what thats about and post what i got oh and another thing make shure your client meaning the window viewer is thailand thanks again:)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know this is fro forever ago but u need to make sure ur obdc is system dns and makign sure its pointing to ur 32 bit system or 64 bit system

Upvote 0
Back