Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Password to ed.halley account

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been playin around trying to get the password for the ed.halley account which is on all servers as standard (account 1) but I can't get it.

I've been trying to search on the hash which is md5 I guess on alot of rainbow tables and none got it, and now I'm using my computer to try bruteforce it, but no luck so far..so I wonder, have anyone else been able to figure it out, and then how and what is it? I'm curious to know :)

ACCOUNT 1:Ed.Halley:611fecdada81afe4e2f6b59374a9a341:1:0:0:0

611fecdada81afe4e2f6b59374a9a341 is the hash if someone else want to try crack it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've got an A64 2.4GHz and a P4 HT 3.7GHz that are idle, I'll try it on one of them.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
bah, three days of bruteforcing with cain & abel and still no password.. ;/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've got mdcrack going for about 23 hours now, it's been going through candidate 7/salt 0 for quite a while now. Yours is probably past 7 after three days, so maybe I should go ahead and start mine at something higher?

Average speed: ~ 9 595 776 ( 9.60e+006 ) h/s

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mine is still at 6, but should be 7 soon I guess

Keyrate ~4000000 Pass/sec

slow old computer

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I decided to go the easy way. Replace that hash with d5a5b2edb04966f0b8c29faf4f92a082 to set the password as "wee"
The admin console shows that the account as a user named Greenwich, but when you log in, you only get the New character thing. If you do make a char, Greenwich disappears.
Seems to be nothing special here...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I know that. But there is still a account on ALL server as standard, and it has a password, and I just want to know what that "secret" password is , I know you can change, but I want the secret password :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I've been looking around at some MD5 "hash crackers"/databases for it while I left mdcrack still running.
It's still going through 7... I'm about to overclock it a bit more just to see if it helps.
Can cain&abel run distributed? If I could find a distributed md5 brute forcer I could get my P4 to help, but I've had no luck finding anything like that.

e: A tiny 100MHz extra overclock got the speed to ~ 10 313 619 ( 1.03e+007 ) h/s

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well hell if you want it so bad maybe you should email Ed Hailey himself, I have once before :p

also has anyone tried a blank password? or a space or a symbol?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It wouldn't (or shouldn't) be a simple or easy-to-guess password because it's an admin account.
But I didn't even think of symbols and spaces; mine has been running with an alphanumeric, no symbol charset, so that might be the problem. That, or it's 8+ chars because mine is still running through 7's. I'll start one with alphanumeric symbol and let them both run. Somehow, they're still running near full speed simultaneously...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mine is using all kind of symbols so maybe that is why mine is so slow lol
I havent tried just blank or space or symbol, but I compared to rainbow tables, and they should cover those stuff I guess, so I don't think it is something easy as that.

What did you email and ask him about? Maybe it's worth a shot, what is his email?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just said how the meridian community is still living and thanking him for his work, didnt tell him about the pirate community tho, so idk if he knows about it lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thought so, I doubt he would share the password with someone working on a pirate version of rene server :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
in all honesty- ed wud more than likely find it humorous to release the "secret" password into the "pirate" community (it's not like it is still used by nds in anyway)- cuz it wud just set a bunch of power-hungry bastards ramped w/ power and crash all the newb servers (any serv w/ any intel wud have gotten rid of that account long b4 public access)- some of us have had some 10+ years to figure it out- using a simple algorithm and waiting a long-butt time for it to work is one way to inevitably find a solution- of course- u cud aways just cut the chase and go straight to the interpreter- it wud probly take an amateur code-breaker no time at all lol- just sitting there trying to figure it out is probly faster than using an algorithm if u r patient enough- but- anyway lol- w/e ur comfortable w/-

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only way to find the original for a one-way hash is by brute force.
But I do have an idea that I'm working on...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
in all honesty- ed wud more than likely find it humorous to release the "secret" password into the "pirate" community (it's not like it is still used by nds in anyway)- cuz it wud just set a bunch of power-hungry bastards ramped w/ power and crash all the newb servers (any serv w/ any intel wud have gotten rid of that account long b4 public access)- some of us have had some 10+ years to figure it out- using a simple algorithm and waiting a long-butt time for it to work is one way to inevitably find a solution- of course- u cud aways just cut the chase and go straight to the interpreter- it wud probly take an amateur code-breaker no time at all lol- just sitting there trying to figure it out is probly faster than using an algorithm if u r patient enough- but- anyway lol- w/e ur comfortable w/-

No poop sherlock, damn you are very clever to figure all that out....or maybe not clever at all, serious dude, trying to read all you write, and using alot of "-" chars and poop, damn you make me just more tired to read what you are typing, you're like the kids in special school here who can't spell and got problems finding the correct keys on the keyboard...damn are you a Special person or are you just having some serious problem? Anyway enough about you, on to the problem.

+10 years? what the hell you got those years from, when did meridian 59 come, like -96? did you have the server software at that point, did the rene server exist then?

Yeah but the thing is MD5 is a cryptographic hash function and you can not reverse it, well if you call rainbow tables reverse maybe you're right, big lists of different hashesh people made and saved in a database, so you can compare your hash to their database and maybe you get a hit, but I've done that and no luck there. The hash is a 32-character hexadecimal number, so well there is a chance there is something else like "loser" "resol" could have the same hash, now they don't, but there are things that can have the same hash but then again..you need to find it and I don't know how to.

But hey if you know how to break it, why don't you just Ducking do it? You said you had Ducking 10 years, why haven't you got it then?
If you can do it better then I'm doing trying to bruteforce this poop do it, instead of talking how other geeks can do it faster then trying bruteforce a hash. Write something useful, something we didn't know instead of this poop like how he won't tell us the "pirates" and how everyone would try hack each others server, I already knew that, but so what, if people don't change the password or delete the account, hey it's their problem, not ours!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
damn lol- i am sorry if i have offended brood's baby- i post out of enjoyment and entertainment purposes- and stimulating responses such as Nitemare14's "But I do have an idea that I'm working on..." make it all worthwhile in my opinion- i am one of those ppl that doesnt say much, i'll admit- but- what i do say- i say out of lightness of the time- and i usually emphasize statements that i mean to be factual and taken seriously- otherwise- u can usually just take what i post as posts to pass the time-

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you're one of those people who don't say much, then you sure are failing at being yourself.
At first, I thought you were being a n00b that didn't know anything about crypto. But now I see that you're just a penis.
Why don't you go ahead and post your "posts to pass the time" in some other thread, and let us do what we're doing.
So unless you have some magic way to find an MD5 collision at faster than 10,479,960 + 7,829,151 h/s, or some other way to actually help, kindly GTFO out my internets.
And about that hyphen key... I believe you're using it wrong.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol- yal r really at this roasting business- but- if i might drag u back on topic- using a base-case algorithm is indeed the most logical way of solving a problem- but not necessarily the most efficient- under these circumstances- we r dealing w/ passwords- a type of "crypto" if u will- it doesn't matter whether it's an md5 or a batch file that makes it- in order for the password to ultimatly make sense- it must be confined to a definable syntax- "efficiency" can be defined as: "accomplishment of or ability to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of TIME and EFFORT" ( )- i find it helpful to keep my logic diverse rather than always using "brute force" of mind, as it were- the last 2 independent posts were made totally off-topic and were directed totally figuratively toward the conversation brood had started about my incompetence or what have u- so- i can only deduce yal r having some enjoyment out of that lol- which wud still hold the validaty of my prior posts- but anyway lol- been real- will check back to see if yal r still continuing this dialogue-

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hm. Yal r really at this roasting business, indeed. Missing a word, I assume?

I'm not about to get into a cryptography argument with anyone. Think whatever you want to think. If you think you know this stuff better than either of us, please feel free to show us how it's done.

Broodhill tried efficient with the rainbow tables. And my brute forcing, by my interpretation of your definition, is still efficient. Time is being spent, but absolutely zero effort is involved. I just start a cmd, type mdcrack-sse, push F1 to set it to idle priority, and let it go. That's basically no effort required right there. And with that priority, it will still run, but my other programs will have all the CPU they need so I can let it run without interfering.

And as for what I was working on, let's just say I no longer need the original password or accounts file modification to get into ed.halley.

Back