Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Password to ed.halley account

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aerasol, you still haven't explain to me how you could have +10 years to figure this poop out, and still you have not?
Seriously, you're just full a shenanigans, if you cannot come with anything helpful, being helpful instead of just coming here telling us things we already know, please leave this thread and don't come back, we have no need for you here, since all you can do is talk poop.
Maybe you don't say much, but then you do, you're just full of crap!

Nitemare14, I've had some problems with my computer here and so on, but now I'm on "M=V(c^a", 7 digits, still far to go... Would be great if we could use more computer so like one tries 7, one 8, one 9 and so on digits, maybe there is a bigger chance to find it then, because I think the password is +10 characters, but I could be wrong, but if there is, it will take a long long time before we will find it...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nitemare- nah- i wasn't missing a word lol- i think it looks fine as is- and brood- as for ur "talking poop"- i don't think i have seen any of your work thus far- i hear a lot of u on the underground forums- but everyone here and there is all pretty much announced at what they r good at- i am not challenging u lol- just wud like to know- i am into helping newbs as much as the next guy- so- if i shud ever need ur expertise- will ask and all that- as for the 10+ years- i don't know how old u r or how long u have been in the community- but- u don't need serv soft to necessarily know about the goings on in the server-side code and whatnot- there were some old bards that were still just newbs compared to the 3do m59 creators- but they did get access to certain knowledges and whatnot back in the day- if u have ever read sock's guide- the "dm" commands were "encrypted" in the bof files back then- now we have albo's stuff (ALBO ROCKS btw- lol- and we really do appreciate him- even tho he don't feel it most the time-)- but anyway- i am just bringing up the "logical" end because it would seem u r restricting ur efforts to simply 1 password- when- u cud be spending ur time studying the syntax- which wud ultimatly divulge the secret of ALL passwords in the saved game files- i am not one who actually wud care to divulge such things- but- as long as u r doing something like this- u might as well have a go at that too- i'll go ahead and say now that i won't step in on the action cuz this is ur thing and i quite frankly am kinda busy irl (these posts only take a min or so to type- so- don't get the impression i am just sitting around on my butt all day reading posts like some of yal lol- not saying anything about anyone specific tho lol- so can't hold me to anything)- but anyway- i think this post is long enough... it has 40 more words than brood's first reply to me- so- we r good lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Eh..why do you bring up bof and all? In this thread there is ONE specific password I'm talking about, and I doubt anyone could have had the hash to it 10 years ago, except for maybe the creators, if they even had this password at that time, maybe they changed for every version, I don't know, but there is just ONE thing this thread is about. I know how people have cracked alot of stuff, but none has got this password, and since none else seems to have it, why not try get it to, so we got it all clear, and it is not really hard, just let Cain & Able run and bruteforce, I don't even need to watch it work, so I can do other things while trying to crack it, so I don't get your point really.
If you want to keep posting in this thread, Ducking do something, say you want to help and start to bruteforce instead, let your computer help us when you are not using it for something that needs your CPU, when you need to do, stop it and then just start from where you left it.

A tip for you, make some new lines in your posts so it is more easy to read, I'm getting tired of reading all your text which is like 11 lines, make some space between so it's not so boring to read

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nitemare- nah- i wasn't missing a word lol- i think it looks fine as is-
yeah- u wud think that it looks fine- if you type like this- it all looks equally dumb- so- a missing word doesn't change the dumbness- at all-

u cud be spending ur time studying the syntax- which wud ultimatly divulge the secret of ALL passwords in the saved game files
You, sir, are an idiot. The secret of ALL passwords is that they are MD5 hashes. Nothing more, nothing less.

u don't need serv soft to necessarily know about the goings on in the server-side code and whatnot- there were some old bards that were still just newbs compared to the 3do m59 creators- but they did get access to certain knowledges and whatnot back in the day
For this, yeah, you do need the server software. Unless you would have been able to hack into the server and copy the accounts file.
There would be absolutely no way you could get the password out of the client. Account info is server side.

i quite frankly am kinda busy irl (these posts only take a min or so to type- so- don't get the impression i am just sitting around on my butt all day reading posts like some of yal lol- not saying anything about anyone specific tho lol- so can't hold me to anything)
Email notification and PocketPC. 'nuff said.

Please, use some Ducking first grade english. Captitalization and punctuation are your friends.

ANYWAY... I've got two running, one is lowercase uppercase number and symbol, the other is without uppercase. They're both still in 7, but the second one will be the first to get into 8, which should take about a month to run through. And I've had no luck finding or making a distributed brute force program. If I had that, then I'd have about 10.5GHz to use on this.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My computer aint that really fast :/ We would need alot of more computers to break this I'd guess...trying other number of digits, and let some get further then others and so on....gonna take a few years to get it just to 16 which is currently the max number of digits I set in Cain & Able...

Would be cool if we could make some project to get alot of computers together try to bruteforce like those SETI@home projects, but I have no idea how to make something like that...

I found a program: but it cost 599$ for up to 20 clients...blah, but maybe it is worth it? :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You won't need more than 16 to find a collision. With any hash, there will always be a 16 character string that will generate an identical hash.
Maybe I should just skip 8-15 and go straight to 16...

A SETI@home type thing is very possible. I know how it could work, but I just wouldn't know how to go about making it. I couldn't find anything that was made for MD5, but if I could find one for something different like NTLM then I might be able to change it to MD5.
I'll see what I can do.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I googled a bit and found this some guy who started to work on something like that, but seems like he never finished...and I don't know any C/C++ at all so I can't use the code to anything, but maybe you know or know what to do with it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
!!! I literally just found that same thing a couple of minutes ago. I've got it open in VS2005 right now, it compiles no errors no warnings, but none of the code looks even the slightest bit distributed. Doesn't even look like it'd play nice with SMP.

But that EDPR, that looks interesting. *HINT* Demonoid might be able to help here.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found their password recovery, but not the distrubated version ;/ but maybe you are more lucky then me!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You might need an account there to find it; it's something like five months old, but had no seeds so I found it somewhere else. Can I post the link or would that be a bad thing to do here?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think u can post a link here, or send me a pm?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ya well my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard at 3892kb/s times mol(sqared) plus 1 googleplex divided by 0

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay I got it now, but somehow you need to Add a task, and it doesn't work to add a textfile with the md5 hash in, or add the accounts file.. have you figured out how to add a task? I just get "Unknown file format"...

at their site it says * MD5 hashes (plaintext recovery)

how to add it? bah

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, apparently that's an older version that doesn't have md5 support >.<
The online manual says that they can be added as .md5 files, so I assume their trial version can do it. I'm downloading it now and I'll see if it works.

The torrent was 1.4 or something, their trial is 1.7.95.

Another edit...
Hope this works, because the md5crack code we found appears very, very nonfunctional, with a small hint of fake.

Edit numero three:
Get the trial off their site and don't worry about a registration key for now. Then try to get it to connect to nitemare.ath.cx with the default port, see if you can get to mine.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I think ur very right there..

January 29, 2007 New version of Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery has been released, now with support for PGP whole disk encryption, Microsoft Money and OneNote, Intuit Quicken and MD5 hashes.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've got it running the task now. To connect, run the Distributed Agent and change the host to me, it should connect, but after that, I really don't know.
The main problem with this is it will take about four of my computers to get the same speed that mdcrack was at. It's averaging 2,500,000 a second...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I downloaded the agent and tried to connect, but it says offline, but it started to process something it says...how it at your side, at the server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hope you're "davids" cause I got ya!
Wonder if my internet will hurt it any, since it's dialup... might need to find someone with faster and more always-on-ish internet to run the server part.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah that is me =)

I'm like always on the internet so I could maybe run the server...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That might be better, also because my computer is prone to unpredictable failures.
Either you shut your agent off, or there's a connection problem because you're "not responding." Er, now you're listed twice with same IP, but one is "working" and other is "not responded"

If you get yours running as a server, I'll connect to it and whenever I get a chance, I'll put my other two P4's and a P3 on it. That should help some ^.^

Last edited:
Back