Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

r00edit.exe?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Interested in why the Rooedit.exe by Albatross (on meridian.net/stuff) has the save and save as grayed out?

I hex edit and got them not to be grayed out but it still isn't working. Is this something they planned or can it just not do that feature?

Also when editing the exe, I found another toolbar with the letters V D S 6 - all clickable but couldn't find out what they did...
Any ideas?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No idea, I guess he did not figure out how to save them at that time or something. If you want to make new roo files I suggest you use the roowriter instead, it does work:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just didn't get around to saving when I was writing that thing. By the time I was ready to do it, the rest of the code was completely obsolete. The toolbar buttons are for debugging, but the code they invoke is #ifdef'ed out in the version you have.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It was planed to be an editor, but the save code was never written, hence the greyed out area.

Back