Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DMO] DMO Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff member
Reaction score
Im not very used to open source. we put a lot of work. if any real developer wanted to code this emu, he would have posted here already. I dont think there is much interest on this beside regular players wanting a private server...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You can never know.

But if you guys fail, and give up, you will most likely share the sources, so anybody later can pick it up and do that you couldn't. That would be reasonable.
But if you guys succeed, you will have the sources only. That means only you can host a private server.
That has a pro and a con, among others:
Pro: One unified server for every player, not 100 small server with 10 player each.
Con: Easier to shut down your service by a cease and desist.

The future is open-source, I'd recommend it.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Regarding the open source,
I'm a coder (college degree and C# experience) and would love to see the source and see what I could do,
but I wouldn't really be that comfortable joining the dev team.
That's the advantage of open source.
Other developers can just check out the project without any sort of obligations :)

Will there be people that only want the files to make a private server without coding anything?
Yes, obviously.
But, we are talking about an incomplete project, those kind of people will download the source,
don't even know how to compile it and quit.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes, but the problem lies when someone wants to dev an open source project and doesnt contribute back. He could fix the source and dont give it to anyone.

80% of this community are just leachers trying to get sources. You've had great progress on your own why would you release it now? Wait for the time you need and finish it yourself is my opinion.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
donde puedo conseguir los archivos para montar un servidor privado para uso personal

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello we also have a more current advance of the latest versions we are looking for programmers to help and not only for the source, if you are available I would like you to help us

hello we also have a more current advance of the latest versions we are looking for programmers to help and not only for the source, if you are available I would like you to help us shemBR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back