Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DMO] DMO Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all. I come here ask if anyone has interest in joining me and my friend our project, emulating Digimon Masters Online. We are currently using the latest client available, and we have so far:

AuthServer -> Done.
ChannelServer -> Done, or not much left.
WorldServer -> In Progress.

When you connect to AuthServer, it sends a list of all the ChannelServers you can connect to. Like in this screenshot for example: (Lucemon, barbamon, etc etc.) It is responsible for sending the character list to you. Then when you press start, it connects to the WorldServer.

Im not going to enter in exact details of how it works, but I've seen in here some development threads but they are too old (2, 3 years from now) and using very outdated files. I find no big problems to adapt the old source to the new client, although I am using my own server, coded from scratch by me and my friend.

The problem is also the binary files from the client, they seem to have changed its structure(?) over these years and are no longer compatible with the old parser in the old emulator. (that must be it, because I can't make Portals to work when reading the X&Y from MapPortal.bin, lol.)

Currently we are working on Items and Portals. We can enter the world, walk arround and even spawn some monsters with no problems.

If you have C# experience and knoledge in reverse engeneering and if you like this game, please leave a message here so we can chat. Note that C# and the ability to understand packets sent/received by this game is crucial for this project.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Development] DMO Emulator

One of the reason that makes emulating this game hard is because this game is under a very rapid development.
They keep updating the content and system almost every month. So unless you would choose a fixed version to work on, it will be really hard to keep updating the emulator to work on latest client.

I love this game. But sadly I neither know much C# nor packet reading.

Wish you all the best. And for someone who could, please help with this project...

Staff member
Reaction score

hmmm... thank you for this information. I will stop updating my client then :p:. You see, I never played this game, only my friend has. Im doing this more for fun hehe.

And the portals problems are solved, less one thing to worry.
Still looking for anyone though...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

might be helpful for you. Guessing you're using the GDMO client for the emu,
That's the url for manual patch, 181 being the patch number, replace it with other version to get the specific patch files.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

wao'm glad to know that someone working in that emulator I always liked the game but no one could move in this project is not hurt much luck on c #, luck friend :) - I bad Inglés

Staff member
Reaction score

We know how to spawn monsters already, and we have figured out a little how the bin tells which map the monster belongs, the position to spawn (not very complete yet, the positions)
You can buy itens from npcs and they are saved into your inventory.
You can use portals to change maps, all portals work fine.
We have some progress in the "battle system", we can kill monsters but it is not 100% yet.

Although we havent figured out exactly 100% of the structure of the Character (Tamer, right? =p ), it's Digimon, the monsters and items. But from what we have already we can do all the things I mentioned.
I think these are the most important stuff we have at the moment

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

sounds like a lot have progressed. Keep up the good work.
It's a great game and I couldn't really find a better mmo that suits me well as DMO did.

Let me know if you have any question about the game mechanics (gameplay) and such.

Staff member
Reaction score

Sure. In fact, let me post a screenshot here. =p

SheenBR - [DMO] DMO Emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

We are getting close of completing the inventory system, with all the slots features and we can now equip some itens in the character =P

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hello everybody, i'm the friend of SheenBR.

I'm trying to figure out the connection between the type of DATA to be inserted in the incubator and the egg that is there, and I'm here asking if anyone who attended the old source knows this link.

Thanks and sorry for the English.[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Minor Devolper
Reaction score

wow i hope this is real bro i have coded in C# and i just recently got permanently banned from GDMO... i also have experience in packet logging and coding structures i was planning on doing this on my own but wow you got to let me in on this or atleast help me along the way - Cainan Kenji do you mean like dragon datax6 for a dragon type egg in incubator = 1 success / fail randomly generated - DATA can be low class or mid class in gdmo too

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

No, it is not that.

We could unpack some .BIN files from within the Pack 03.pf, and with this we can get some informations about Digimons, Tamers, Maps, Monsters, Tactics and other. Within the tactics.bin has information on the amount and Digieggs DATA requested, but not clearly show what type of DATA that particular digiegg requires. And that's what I need to complete the Data Input system.[SUB][/SUB]
PS: Tactics.bin -> Gabumon[DigiEgg] -> 5 Data -> What type??? -> I cant find in file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

After days of trying, I found the link. Thank you to those who at least tried ^^.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
It is stopped for months.
We stopped because we needed to figure out some way to read the 3d maps and make a collision system to spawn monsters correctly. Also, because of my college.

Any help on this is highly welcome, we might consider get back to work, (me and cainan.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can only suggest going open-source. I have an emulator project I'd love to see working, but I can't do it alone. I went open-source, and I hope someone will come along, who can help me. If you go open-source, it is likelier to find hep for your project. Especially, if you can't continue your work on it by yourself, like it is stopped for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back