Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Snopboy - [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01 - RaGEZONE Forums

A server full in development. We're here to search for people who would help bring back our awesome childhood and help players who didn't have the chance to play the early versions of MapleStory. Below there is more information about the positions that you could apply for and information about beta testing our source code.
The server will be a really low version of MapleStory starting by v0.01 and we will update our server from time to time to a newer version until a certain point. At that point it will get interesting and things will be done that has never been done before by any private server.

Positions to apply for
  • C# Developer (open) [1/3]
  • Reverse Engineer (open) [0/1]
  • UX Designer/Visual Designer (open) [0/1]
  • WZ Editor (open) [0/1]

What is expected from you?
  • Must be at least 16+ years old;
  • Able to prioritize tasks;
  • Good interpersonal and communication skills;
  • Good understanding of English (writing, reading);
  • Being able to operate independently and execute your assignments without the need of supervision.

C# Developer

• Familiar with object-oriented programming;
  • Previous experience with C#;
  • Previous experience with MySQL;
  • Familiar with Test Driven Development;
  • Previous experience with Git or any other version control;
  • Preferably previous experience developing MapleStory private servers, familiarity with WvsBeta source and Nexon's server structure.
    [*]Preferably previous experience with Interactive Disassembler (IDA) and Reverse Engineering in general.
    [*]Preferably previous experience dealing with MapleStory packets.

What will you be doing
  • Working on the game server;
  • Create new packet handlers;
  • Discover and fix bugs;
  • Write unit test;
  • Cooperate with other staff;
  • And much more!

Reverse Engineer
  • Previous experience developing MapleStory private servers, familiarity with MapleStory clients.
    [*]Previous experience with Interactive Disassembler (IDA), OllyDBG, Unpacking & modifying clients and Reverse Engineering in general.
    [*]Previous experience dealing with MapleStory packets.
    [*]Preferably have the ability to create Localhost clients and edits

What will you be doing
  • Working on the game client;
  • Unpack our clients, make usable localhost clients.
  • Develop new features on client side;
  • Discover and patch exploits/hacks in the client.
  • Discover and fix bugs;
  • And much more!

UX / Visual Designer
  • Able to use your own set of tools;
  • Cooperate with other designers;
  • Able to give feedback and instructions to any developer;
  • Show a portfolio of your work (past work);

What will you be doing
  • Cooperating with Web Developers to work on the website (discarded for now);
  • Design all the graphics necessary for server promotion and news/patches.
  • Design banners.
  • Create anything, even when it sounds bizar;
  • Come up with new ideas based on feedback of users;
  • And much more!

WZ Editor

• Familiar with WZ extension and nodes;
  • Previous experience with HaRepacker;
  • Previous experience with editing and maintaining WZ files;
  • Familiar with WZ data storing;
  • Preferably having your own set of tools.

What will you be doing
  • You're not going to create your own custom content*
  • Working on the game assets;
  • Work on all the WZ files;
  • Maintain the data within the WZ files;
  • Remove all unnecessary data of the next patches;
  • Add the data of the next patches when introduced;
  • Maintain all client assets and content;

Screenshots
-Do not mind the exp gain, we have set the exp rate on about 100 for testing.
-Our official rates are 1x/1x/1x

Video has been removed due to DMCA by Nex0nz Intellectual Property agents due to alleged copyright infringement, sorry..

ParTmve - [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01 - RaGEZONE Forums

0f2MUh - [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01 - RaGEZONE Forums

MEJilmu - [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01 - RaGEZONE Forums

euNaNl7 - [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01 - RaGEZONE Forums

emA7YuB - [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01 - RaGEZONE Forums

1A6QJsi - [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01 - RaGEZONE Forums

Snopboy - [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01 - RaGEZONE Forums

5dojU7I - [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [MapleStory] Live your childhood all over again!

"starting at v0.40 Beta and advancing to 0.03, 0.04, 0.05 and so on" .... "advancing with the version patches every week or two.I'm aware that we will eventually catch up with GMS but that will take a year or two, perhaps even more."166 / 25 = 6.6 years. The whole idea of "providing the good old MapleGlobal we all loved" kinda gets lost if you intend to catch up to gms.

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score

how are u even going to get the ms files for these versions
also nobody mature is going to volunteer you might want to pay them which will probably result in a loss since ms is ded

Reaction score

"starting at v0.40 Beta and advancing to 0.03, 0.04, 0.05 and so on" .... "advancing with the version patches every week or two.I'm aware that we will eventually catch up with GMS but that will take a year or two, perhaps even more."166 / 25 = 6.6 years. The whole idea of "providing the good old MapleGlobal we all loved" kinda gets lost if you intend to catch up to gms.
True, but 6 years as you say, well - that's a lot of time to play the good old maple, as I said - we will be adding our own edits so theoretically we may not follow Nexon and continue with the BigBang patch but rather maintain the old game experience and features in addition to new ones that we will develop.
The details of the project are still undisclosed, things may change.
This is not really smart for the simple fact that this is 2015 and everyone that played these old versions is well into their adult years and honestly do won't waste their precious time playing on this idea.
You're partially correct. That being said, I'm currently 19 years old, I haven't played MapleStory for a long time (except for logging into Extalia every here and there to see what's going on and sell my NX stock, but I don't really like the post big bang experience and feel) yet I am interested in playing such a server.
You're pretty much right but regardless of being adults, don't 20+ y/os play COD, BF and GTA V every now and then? Aside from being busy all the week with work and real life stuff, there are weekends where you have free time and can spend it however you want.
I'm pretty sure you, just like me, liked the old MapleGlobal, don't you?
how are u even going to get the ms files for these versions
also nobody mature is going to volunteer you might want to pay them which will probably result in a loss since ms is ded
Didn't expect to see you commenting here, good to see you though (btw, Linux sux :3)
As mentioned above, Either Java/C#/C++ will do the job.
If most of the team are familiar with Java - we will go with Odin (unless we all have sufficient knowledge and experience), if C#/C++ or just having sufficient knowledge with Java - we will write our own source. After all the version we will start with has barely any features so it will not take too much time. Then updating every week or two will keep us constantly busy with work but we will not be overloaded with work because these aren't big jumps between patches but rather small ones.
This project may or may not generate revenue (chances are it will), any way.. the keep positions will be paid, if not by revenue generated by the server, then by me.
When you buy an Ice cream, do you see this as a lose? No, because you enjoy it.
I don't see spending money on a MapleStory server, a lose, as long as you enjoy it and as long there is a community full of people who enjoy it.

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score

True, but 6 years as you say, well - that's a lot of time to play the good old maple, as I said - we will be adding our own edits so theoretically we may not follow Nexon and continue with the BigBang patch but rather maintain the old game experience and features in addition to new ones that we will develop.
The details of the project are still undisclosed, things may change.

You're partially correct. That being said, I'm currently 19 years old, I haven't played MapleStory for a long time (except for logging into Extalia every here and there to see what's going on and sell my NX stock, but I don't really like the post big bang experience and feel) yet I am interested in playing such a server.
You're pretty much right but regardless of being adults, don't 20+ y/os play COD, BF and GTA V every now and then? Aside from being busy all the week with work and real life stuff, there are weekends where you have free time and can spend it however you want.
I'm pretty sure you, just like me, liked the old MapleGlobal, don't you?

Didn't expect to see you commenting here, good to see you though (btw, Linux sux :3)
As mentioned above, Either Java/C#/C++ will do the job.
If most of the team are familiar with Java - we will go with Odin (unless we all have sufficient knowledge and experience), if C#/C++ or just having sufficient knowledge with Java - we will write our own source. After all the version we will start with has barely any features so it will not take too much time. Then updating every week or two will keep us constantly busy with work but we will not be overloaded with work because these aren't big jumps between patches but rather small ones.
This project may or may not generate revenue (chances are it will), any way.. the keep positions will be paid, if not by revenue generated by the server, then by me.
When you buy an Ice cream, do you see this as a lose? No, because you enjoy it.
I don't see spending money on a MapleStory server, a lose, as long as you enjoy it and as long there is a community full of people who enjoy it.

what happens if half of ur dev team only knows c++ and the other half only knows java?
also of course there is a loss if you pay your dev team and the project fails
if the project fails there is no server to enjoy and you end being fucked up

Reaction score

what happens if half of ur dev team only knows c++ and the other half only knows java?
also of course there is a loss if you pay your dev team and the project fails
if the project fails there is no server to enjoy and you end being fucked up

Thank you for pointing it out, however every problem has a solution and I will take my chances.
C++ can be used for other application developments related to the server like Administration tools and even client side application which the players will be using (like a patcher for instance, or a fork of the publicly release client from MS section), also I plan for the team to make contributions to the MS Dev community by releasing useful stuff every once and a while.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Just a quick question, is being 18+ a real necessity? I'm kind of interested in being part of the Creativity Team but I'm afraid I'm underage.

Reaction score

Just a quick question, is being 18+ a real necessity? I'm kind of interested in being part of the Creativity Team but I'm afraid I'm underage.
Hey Mikuri,
I see this may cause some confusion so I'll clarify it.
Age of 18+ is mostly required but there are exceptions of course, that is if the applicant prove being mature.

Thank you for your showing interest in the project,
Snopboy.

For mods;
I tried to set up on my local machine the server and upload pictures yesterday, however I have issues with Java which would require me to format my PC and reinstall it, therefore I did not include any screenshots.
However, the actual server will eventually be coded in C#.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hey, could you perhaps remove some of your old private messages in your inbox, SnopBoy? I wish to send you a private message but can't because your inbox seems to be full :)

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score

Thank you for pointing it out, however every problem has a solution and I will take my chances.
C++ can be used for other application developments related to the server like Administration tools and even client side application which the players will be using (like a patcher for instance, or a fork of the publicly release client from MS section), also I plan for the team to make contributions to the MS Dev community by releasing useful stuff every once and a while.

there is only so much side programs you will need and when theyre done your devs will be idle
youve just said the server language will be c# which is not really used that much around ms dev meaning you will have a hard time finding devs
it just seems all wrong when you involve that much languages for one project

you require "social skills" and good english while many good programmers dont have both especially when it comes to speaking nontheless they are still good

Reaction score

there is only so much side programs you will need and when theyre done your devs will be idle
youve just said the server language will be c# which is not really used that much around ms dev meaning you will have a hard time finding devs

you require "social skills" and good english while many good programmers dont have both especially when it comes to speaking nontheless they are still good
Hey Itzik,
It doesn't matter how good programmer you're, if you can't communicate or work in a team, you'll simply drag the entire team down with you, it will cause a huge mess.

The reason I'm in need of C# and C++ are mainly because C# is better than Java, cleaner and easier to learn than Java.
Server will be based off WvsBeta, client will either be Nexon's official v0.40Beta localhost or a fork of Journey's C++ client.
C++ will be used for client-side programs such as our game manager which includes downloads and installations, patches and updates of all kinds.
Administration tools will also be coded later on.
Also don't forget that the server will have a new patch every 2 weeks, which means we will constantly have work to do.

One developer has joined the team, his name is Kevin.
His expertise is Java, C#, C++, SQL (low-level as well), proficient in web development technologies such as Java (for web), php and more.

With that being said, Java is officially dropped off the requirement list.
If any other developer wishes to join, feel free to PM me.
A git was created for the project.

Regards,
Snopboy.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Couldn't agree with you more.

Developers will indeed be idle at some point. I think that's okay to schedule time to work on proper documentation and work on the performance of the server in general. Thanks for mentioning that point though, because it brought up some ideas :)

C# isn't that different from Java. It's just the difference between the source code. If you're used to Odin, then it requires some time to get on track of a different project structure. Also, yes it takes time to find some proper developers to get on board of this project. Again, I must agree, using too many programming languages will slow down of producing code in general. So far, we've got our minds set on C#.

I'm Kevin, the new developer whom SnopBoy mentioned. I've got a background with distributed applications in Java and C#. I used to play MapleStory that's the reason how I ended up here, eventually and thought it was cool to work on such project in my spare time.

I will bring structure to the project, revamp the current source code and port it to Mono. Other than that, will add some cool features, MITM attack prevention tool and much more.

Don't think this reply as of I'm attacking you, I think your questions and replies are very resourceful to prevent others from confusing what's really meant in the thread. I'm not here to brag either but I wish you to know who I am and what I'm doing because you're contributing a lot to this topic and putting effort in it:)

Last edited:
Reaction score

starting at v0.40 Beta and advancing to 0.03, 0.04, 0.05 and so on.

There is no v4, v5 setup available and v40b is the same as v3, v8 so you'll just waste time. Skip 40b since cs doesn't work. This just feels like a bad thing to spend your time on, but w/e it's your idea. Too bad i've already done this (privately anyway)

Reaction score

There is no v4, v5 setup available and v40b is the same as v3, v8 so you'll just waste time. Skip 40b since cs doesn't work. This just feels like a bad thing to spend your time on, but w/e it's your idea. Too bad i've already done this (privately anyway)
Thanks for sharing this information with us.
What version you suggest we should start with?
I'm sure the packet structure and opcodes didn't change much between 0.40Beta and 0.03, right?

EDIT
In second thought, if we will be moving to a later version, it will be due to client-bugs, I've heard that the cashshop does work but the problem was with the client that certain things didn't work well (like reactors) due to Nexon being total morons.

Last edited:
Reaction score

1. Basing your source off WvsBeta is a bad idea. It contains a lot of crap that guy (I forgot his name, Diamondo's friend) added after Diamondo "left" the project. It'd be better to base it off a new source, which shouldn't be too hard to create as packets are available and lower versions only contain basic stuff.
2. I don't see how are you planning to go up by one version if you don't have the setup files available for all versions. Also, Neckson went up FOR A REASON. And that reason is to fix bugs, obviously. v1-v8 (afaik? sunnyboy will enlighten us) are broken in some aspects of the game, so that's also a bad idea.
3. Everybody knows the game. Slowly revealing content is dumb as duck because we all know what towns and features exist in MapleStory, it's not like you have the ability to edit the client and introduce a new job.
4. Journey is incomplete and if you're going to create a MapleStory emulator from scratch and basing that off a client that's been written from scratch, why not join forces with SYJourney and create a complete new game?

Reaction score

1. Basing your source off WvsBeta is a bad idea. It contains a lot of crap that guy (I forgot his name, Diamondo's friend) added after Diamondo "left" the project. It'd be better to base it off a new source, which shouldn't be too hard to create as packets are available and lower versions only contain basic stuff.
2. I don't see how are you planning to go up by one version if you don't have the setup files available for all versions. Also, Neckson went up FOR A REASON. And that reason is to fix bugs, obviously. v1-v8 (afaik? @sunnyboy will enlighten us) are broken in some aspects of the game, so that's also a bad idea.
3. Everybody knows the game. Slowly revealing content is dumb as duck because we all know what towns and features exist in MapleStory, it's not like you have the ability to edit the client and introduce a new job.
4. Journey is incomplete and if you're going to create a MapleStory emulator from scratch and basing that off a client that's been written from scratch, why not join forces with @SYJourney and create a complete new game?

Hey,
These are indeed interesting points you made there.
Right now, myself, Kevin and Joren discuss our options regarding the source, we will announce it in this thread once we make up our mind with which base we'll go or if we even code our own from scratch but as our free time is so little, it's a hard decision.
If we had more time we wouldn't be discussing it and simply coding our own emulator.
That's pretty each, as I said in the first post of this thread - we are planning to make changes and add our own content so technically we can patch from Nexon's v0.03 to our own v0.04 (patch content may be our own changes) so it's definitely do-able and the original setup is not required.
Well, as said, we are still debating with which version we will start but one thing has already been decided - it's going to be the old MapleStory.
3. Refer to the paragraph above.
4. If we were interested (Journey for that matter) in making a new game, we would've done so already, we do not want a new game - we like MapleStory as it is unique.

Also we already have all the NPC scripts of the old MapleStory coded in C#, thanks to one of the developers working with us so we are 30% through, these scripts could take us a few months to make on our own as it's extremely hard to gather information about it (I.E. NPC dialog, actions and the quests).

By the way, do you happen to have LokiMS (v0.75)?
If so it may help us in our development as we are still discussing with which base to go with.

Thanks for commenting and pointing these out, we will take it all into account in our final decision.

Regards,
Snopboy.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Hey,
These are indeed interesting points you made there.
Right now, myself, Kevin and Joren discuss our options regarding the source, we will announce it in this thread once we make up our mind with which base we'll go or if we even code our own from scratch but as our free time is so little, it's a hard decision.
If we had more time we wouldn't be discussing it and simply coding our own emulator.
That's pretty each, as I said in the first post of this thread - we are planning to make changes and add our own content so technically we can patch from Nexon's v0.03 to our own v0.04 (patch content may be our own changes) so it's definitely do-able and the original setup is not required.
Well, as said, we are still debating with which version we will start but one thing has already been decided - it's going to be the old MapleStory.
3. Refer to the paragraph above.
4. If we were interested (Journey for that matter) in making a new game, we would've done so already, we do not want a new game - we like MapleStory as it is unique.

Also we already have all the NPC scripts of the old MapleStory coded in C#, thanks to one of the developers working with us so we are 30% through, these scripts could take us a few months to make on our own as it's extremely hard to gather information about it (I.E. NPC dialog, actions and the quests).

By the way, do you happen to have LokiMS (v0.75)?
If so it may help us in our development as we are still discussing with which base to go with.

Thanks for commenting and pointing these out, we will take it all into account in our final decision.

Regards,
Snopboy.

Nah I don't have Loki bro but you can find the fork of it (MapleGame) released by Nuggyman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back