[MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011
Results 151 to 156 of 156
  1. #151
    Interesting... SharpAceX is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    2,011Posts

    Re: [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

    Quote Originally Posted by Biesmen View Post
    This thread has been attracting a certain type of people since day one it was posted in 2015. Every page of this thread has multiple posts being removed from either trolls or just people who have a very negative personality. I honestly don't understand why people seem to be upset about a fellow developer contributing to the MapleStory private server community, may it be starting a new public project or involving other developers from the community in a private project resulting in a new private server.

    What's the purpose of you posting your negativity in a thread if you're not interested or if you're personally not involved? Is it jealousy or is it simply because you feel miserable and want to drag others into your misery? Many people in this thread are bullying others instead of actually providing constructive feedback. Why does it seem to be so hard to support fellow developers or projects, especially since the forum and the whole community is far from a good state?

    Who cares if someone reinvents the wheel? May it be to make a more efficient wheel or to learn how a wheel works and operates so you can improve existing technology (think about LED light bulbs, the light bulbs were re-invented).

    All my questions are rhetorical. This thread is not a discussion thread (it is the third time people are being reminded here) and only post if you are interested in joining the team. Contact Snopboy privately if you feel like giving constructive and respectful feedback​.
    Spoken like somebody who has absolutely no context whatsoever. I guess that's what happens when you have mods on a forum this far removed from the communities they moderate. Snopboy has a terrible reputation in the maple community, even worse in the maple developer community, and with very good reason. Get off your moral high horse for once. Like Fraysa said, when THIS many people have responded negatively, have you considered that maybe they might possibly have a valid reason for it, and not "oh no I live a miserable life, let me randomly attack this specific person for absolutely no reason"?

    Snopboy has the right to recruit for his project, no argument from me there, but you interjecting yourself like this without having even a shred of any of the necessary context just makes you look ignorant to everybody else reading this, not noble.
    https://mapleme.me/
    The memes of the Maple community all in one place.

  2. #152
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Snopboy is offline
    True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    1,029Posts

    Re: [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

    Quote Originally Posted by SharpAceX View Post
    Spoken like somebody who has absolutely no context whatsoever. I guess that's what happens when you have mods on a forum this far removed from the communities they moderate. Snopboy has a terrible reputation in the maple community, even worse in the maple developer community, and with very good reason. Get off your moral high horse for once. Like Fraysa said, when THIS many people have responded negatively, have you considered that maybe they might possibly have a valid reason for it, and not "oh no I live a miserable life, let me randomly attack this specific person for absolutely no reason"?

    Snopboy has the right to recruit for his project, no argument from me there, but you interjecting yourself like this without having even a shred of any of the necessary context just makes you look ignorant to everybody else reading this, not noble.
    Bad rep? I don't have it, just because some of the forum's trolls have targeted me in the past, doesn't make it bad rep, it just means - they like to troll me.

    Since you claim, in my Recruitment thread, that I have a bad rep, you're more than welcome to stand by it and actually prove it by pointing out precisely what's "causing" said bad rep.

    If you refer to EnigmaCMS/MapleGit, then yes, I did come out with grand announcements about releasing it then backed-off after seeing how this community were too toxic for me to think they deserve these releases as I have previously stated in this very thread.

    On top of that, iirc you had your posts in this thread deleted, where you just kept ranting (along with literally almost every MSPS dev who've commented here) how this kind of project isn't possible, well guess what? I proved that you guys are wrong, I get that it hurts your ego, but still I must stress how I couldn't care less about any of you or your ego. If you can't get over the fact that you "mighty devs" were wrong and "stupid" snopboy was right, then that's your problem, not mine.

    If you're not here to apply (which clearly you aren't), or deliver constructive criticism, then you're asked not not reply to this thread. If you just want to spew garbage then you're more than welcome to find somewhere else to do it.
    Regardless of the above^ statement, I'm still waiting for you to point out my "bad rep" as you claim, please do so.

    I'm not one to be butthurt enough to actually do this, but you do know that when you go about saying "X has a bad rep" (whether a person, company or any kind of entity), without having a personal experience or proof, you're liable to a defamation lawsuit, again - I'm not going to sue you but just pointing out how "deep" you've gone in your wrongdoings.

  3. #153
    Super Moderator Biesmen is offline
    Super ModRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,490Posts

    Re: [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

    Quote Originally Posted by SharpAceX View Post
    Spoken like somebody who has absolutely no context whatsoever. I guess that's what happens when you have mods on a forum this far removed from the communities they moderate. Snopboy has a terrible reputation in the maple community, even worse in the maple developer community, and with very good reason. Get off your moral high horse for once. Like Fraysa said, when THIS many people have responded negatively, have you considered that maybe they might possibly have a valid reason for it, and not "oh no I live a miserable life, let me randomly attack this specific person for absolutely no reason"?Snopboy has the right to recruit for his project, no argument from me there, but you interjecting yourself like this without having even a shred of any of the necessary context just makes you look ignorant to everybody else reading this, not noble.
    You're focussing on my latest warning, but it looks like you forgot all the previous warnings that were posted by moderators (and ex-moderators) in this thread. The point is clear, people have posted their opinions about Snopboy and that is fine. However, there's no need to continue after that.
    Especially after multiple moderators asking people to drop it and stay on topic. Enough is enough. At this point the person in question is being toxic and makes the thread about him. We do not have place for such toxicity.

    You've got a point, there are moderators who looks like they are distanced from the communities they moderate (in the eyes of the public users). You see a lack of contribution in sections because some moderators knowingly do not post in their favorite sections. I think you can see where I'm going. You can't see my history anymore since most of my post activity was prior to my moderating responsibilities, but I am perfectly aware of who you are, who Fraysa is, who Snopboy is and one of the highlights of my memories was when the staff of OdinMS was sued by Nexon or TitanMS which I greatly contributed to when C++ was hyped. Besides that we can also easily see who has been corrected, warned and infracted before by moderators :)
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

  4. #154
    Interesting... SharpAceX is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    2,011Posts

    Re: [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

    Quote Originally Posted by Snopboy View Post
    Bad rep? I don't have it, just because some of the forum's trolls have targeted me in the past, doesn't make it bad rep, it just means - they like to troll me.

    Since you claim, in my Recruitment thread, that I have a bad rep, you're more than welcome to stand by it and actually prove it by pointing out precisely what's "causing" said bad rep.

    If you refer to EnigmaCMS/MapleGit, then yes, I did come out with grand announcements about releasing it then backed-off after seeing how this community were too toxic for me to think they deserve these releases as I have previously stated in this very thread.

    On top of that, iirc you had your posts in this thread deleted, where you just kept ranting (along with literally almost every MSPS dev who've commented here) how this kind of project isn't possible, well guess what? I proved that you guys are wrong, I get that it hurts your ego, but still I must stress how I couldn't care less about any of you or your ego. If you can't get over the fact that you "mighty devs" were wrong and "stupid" snopboy was right, then that's your problem, not mine.

    If you're not here to apply (which clearly you aren't), or deliver constructive criticism, then you're asked not not reply to this thread. If you just want to spew garbage then you're more than welcome to find somewhere else to do it.
    Regardless of the above^ statement, I'm still waiting for you to point out my "bad rep" as you claim, please do so.

    I'm not one to be butthurt enough to actually do this, but you do know that when you go about saying "X has a bad rep" (whether a person, company or any kind of entity), without having a personal experience or proof, you're liable to a defamation lawsuit, again - I'm not going to sue you but just pointing out how "deep" you've gone in your wrongdoings.
    The last time we interacted was me giving you real constructive feedback (you know, thing you claim to want) on your latest web project where you decided to use outdated technologies like jQuery instead of something like Vue. You promptly ignored the valid feedback provided by several reputable devs, not just me. Are you seriously shocked that your reputation would go down as a result? I would link you to thread but you deleted it because that's the kind of stuff you are known to do. You aren't interested in constructive feedback because you aren't interested in learning anything substantially new. You've been doing more or less the same exact thing since forever now, and your post/thread history is all the evidence needed. I'm not really sure why you're asking for evidence that your reputation is tarnished. I think this thread is more than enough evidence of that.

    Also the fact that you seriously brought up lawsuits in response to an online forum post is actually beyond comical. Do you seriously think this is how the real world works? This right here is a prime example of why you're viewed as such a joke here.
    https://mapleme.me/
    The memes of the Maple community all in one place.

  5. #155
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Snopboy is offline
    True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    1,029Posts

    Re: [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

    Quote Originally Posted by SharpAceX View Post
    The last time we interacted was me giving you real constructive feedback (you know, thing you claim to want) on your latest web project where you decided to use outdated technologies like jQuery instead of something like Vue. You promptly ignored the valid feedback provided by several reputable devs, not just me. Are you seriously shocked that your reputation would go down as a result? I would link you to thread but you deleted it because that's the kind of stuff you are known to do. You aren't interested in constructive feedback because you aren't interested in learning anything substantially new. You've been doing more or less the same exact thing since forever now, and your post/thread history is all the evidence needed. I'm not really sure why you're asking for evidence that your reputation is tarnished. I think this thread is more than enough evidence of that.

    Also the fact that you seriously brought up lawsuits in response to an online forum post is actually beyond comical. Do you seriously think this is how the real world works? This right here is a prime example of why you're viewed as such a joke here.
    Wait, let me get this straight - you claim that I have bad rep because you (and others) decided for me that I will use Vue (or any other front end framework) instead of jQuery and I declined? Are you being serious right now?
    Why should I use Vue and add another layer of complexity to the end user? Why? Why would I force anyone to download NPM and learn a whole new technology (that comes with a learning curve), when this isn't directed at the developers, but rather for the common server owner who doesn't even know PHP? Why force them into such a tedious process when they want to make simple changes? Do you think MapleBit would be so widely used if Kedar didn't make it so easy to use for people who barely know programming to even modify their own servers? You can make a comparison of how many servers use MapleBit compared to how many servers using your AriaCMS front end.
    This web project was meant to push the majority of private servers still using MapleBit into using a more modern website, without adding any more layers, without requiring them to learn more technologies when already they barely even know the basics needed and all they want is a simple website to work with their server.

    And no, I don't usually delete my threads and posts, this one in particular was removed a bit later because I regretted releasing it, back then.

    If you want to create a more developer-focused CMS, you're more than welcome to do so, but with the same breath I must say - there's no guarantee it will be widely used. I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything just so they could be using this release, instead - I'm making sure this release can be used easily without requiring you to make any changes to it, without having to go through the tedious process of learning a new technology. It's not because I don't want to learn new technologies.
    Yes, Vue is an excellent choice and comes out of the box with Laravel, it's not only fully supported by it but also very optimized since both frameworks are intertwined in one another. It's extremely easy to learn, even for people like me who hate JavaScript. But then again - because I'm a developer, and if I wasn't - it probably would've been a nightmare to deal with. I don't believe forcing the end-user to conform to my "product" would be a wise decision if I want everyone to use it, instead - I conform my product to them and their needs, making it as fool-proof and easy to use for non-developers.

    What's comical is your flawed logic that if people won't do precisely what you want them to do - it makes them "bad" or "tarnish their rep". Nobody owes you anything, you can very well move along.

    Lastly, I didn't bring a lawsuit as an option here, nor have I remotely threatened with this, read my comment again because it seems you didn't fully understand it. I was simply giving you a real-life example for what you did and pointed out how wrong it was to accuse someone and say their rep is tarnished, because my isn't. It's just that you, Fraysa and a few others like to troll people, annoy them, and increase your ego, it doesn't make you look better.

    I would greatly appreciate it if people would refrain from shit-posting and instead - stay on-topic.

  6. #156
    Super Moderator Biesmen is offline
    Super ModRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,490Posts

    Re: [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

    I'm going to close this thread, you may make a new one. Next time I will give infractions to people who are continuing to post off-topic, including OP.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."



Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Advertisement