Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: [MapleStory] Live your childhood all over again!

Thanks for referring me to MapleGame though I looked it up an hour ago and it's post big bang, reverting it would require quite some work.

Not really. But yeah I wouldn't base it over MapleGame as well. But that's just me. Honestly just create a new one yourself, it's really easy the game isn't flooded with features v.4.

Reaction score

Not really. But yeah I wouldn't base it over MapleGame as well. But that's just me. Honestly just create a new one yourself, it's really easy the game isn't flooded with features v.4.

Thanks for suggesting but as I mentioned above, we don't have enough free time to rewrite our own source from scratch, we will most likely use the latest rewritten WvsBeta source (the one that wasn't public) because it's structure is good and the base is pretty neat.
We will most likely jump straight to v0.03 or something.

Writing a source from scratch (how tempting it is, believe me - it really is) requires lots of time and work, we currently don't have the time to put in it and if we would still go with it - it will take us a year due to not having enough free time to work on it.
Some of us have university project that require lots of time so that's why we don't have enough time for that at the moment.

A clarification, neither of us - the staff and developers, interested in making this server so we could be GMs/Admins and so on, the only motive it because we really want to play the old MapleGlobal, chances are we will recruit GMs and moderators once we get to production stage and let them handle the community instead of us doing it.

We still recruit more developers, anyone interested can simply PM me to apply.

EDIT
By the way Gil, this may be useful for you as you like to develop old versions and the original thread is no longer available.
This is an archived version of the "What came when in GMS" thread;

Last edited:
Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score

Hey,
These are indeed interesting points you made there.
Right now, myself, Kevin and Joren discuss our options regarding the source, we will announce it in this thread once we make up our mind with which base we'll go or if we even code our own from scratch but as our free time is so little, it's a hard decision.
If we had more time we wouldn't be discussing it and simply coding our own emulator.
That's pretty each, as I said in the first post of this thread - we are planning to make changes and add our own content so technically we can patch from Nexon's v0.03 to our own v0.04 (patch content may be our own changes) so it's definitely do-able and the original setup is not required.
Well, as said, we are still debating with which version we will start but one thing has already been decided - it's going to be the old MapleStory.
3. Refer to the paragraph above.
4. If we were interested (Journey for that matter) in making a new game, we would've done so already, we do not want a new game - we like MapleStory as it is unique.

Also we already have all the NPC scripts of the old MapleStory coded in C#, thanks to one of the developers working with us so we are 30% through, these scripts could take us a few months to make on our own as it's extremely hard to gather information about it (I.E. NPC dialog, actions and the quests).

By the way, do you happen to have LokiMS (v0.75)?
If so it may help us in our development as we are still discussing with which base to go with.

Thanks for commenting and pointing these out, we will take it all into account in our final decision.

Regards,
Snopboy.
cant see how maplestory is unique with so many other (mostly dead) 2d mmorpg games which are way better (dragonica)
npcs and quests are 80% of the game
loki is worse than wvsbeta
Thanks for suggesting but as I mentioned above, we don't have enough free time to rewrite our own source from scratch, we will most likely use the latest rewritten WvsBeta source (the one that wasn't public) because it's structure is good and the base is pretty neat.
We will most likely jump straight to v0.03 or something.

Writing a source from scratch (how tempting it is, believe me - it really is) requires lots of time and work, we currently don't have the time to put in it and if we would still go with it - it will take us a year due to not having enough free time to work on it.
Some of us have university project that require lots of time so that's why we don't have enough time for that at the moment.

A clarification, neither of us - the staff and developers, interested in making this server so we could be GMs/Admins and so on, the only motive it because we really want to play the old MapleGlobal, chances are we will recruit GMs and moderators once we get to production stage and let them handle the community instead of us doing it.

We still recruit more developers, anyone interested can simply PM me to apply.

EDIT
By the way Gil, this may be useful for you as you like to develop old versions and the original thread is no longer available.
This is an archived version of the "What came when in GMS" thread;
writing a source from scratch for an old version such as v40b takes more or less a week without scripts furthermore if youre planning on updating it you will rewrite all of it eventually
we all know about that thread and there is really no use for it

Reaction score

writing a source from scratch for an old version such as v40b takes more or less a week without scripts furthermore if youre planning on updating it you will rewrite all of it eventually
we all know about that thread and there is really no use for it
We are looking into writing our own source from scratch, I'm currently waiting for a member of the development team to login so we could all discuss is.

After receiving numerous requests to lower the age restrictions, it has been changed to 16.

Reaction score

Bump.
Any help in regards to MapleStory networking and Reverse Engineering will be appreciated.
Currently three members in the development team, it's still open for more applicants.

Also started working on the website design myself, it's quite a suprising design and I promise you'll cry when you see it, it's the most nostalgic website (and no, I'm not talking about the 2006 orange website, I'm talking about much older design).

Regards,
Snopboy.

Reaction score

A small update;
The server is working pretty good, better than most Java sources out there.
NPCs are 80% complete and MapleGlobal-Like, thanks to Joren.
Events are working just great, including the boats and other methods of transportation.
Our main and MapleStory websites both are being designed and developed with CodeIgniter framework.
The server currently runs on v0.40Beta however we are preparing an update to v0.01, and yes we are aware that it has no client setup available and we are working on a solution for that.

Screenshots
Snopboy - [MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01 - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

A small update;
The server is working pretty good, better than most Java sources out there.
NPCs are 80% complete and MapleGlobal-Like, thanks to Joren.
Events are working just great, including the boats and other methods of transportation.
Our main and MapleStory websites both are being designed and developed with CodeIgniter framework.
The server currently runs on v0.40Beta however we are preparing an update to v0.01, and yes we are aware that it has no client setup available and we are working on a solution for that.
How are you even preparing to update without a client

Reaction score

How are you even preparing to update without a client

Every problem has a solution, sometimes really simple solutions.
Simply using v0.03 client and just disabling the features that do not exist in v0.01.
That's one way, we might figure out another that works better than disabling features.

Another developer has joined the team.
Welcome Novak! :)

Reaction score

So is the reason for the old version because the client is easier to tamper with?

No, not really.
The reason we are updating to v0.01/3 now instead of starting with v0.40Beta is because the beta client has really major game-breaking bugs, we could fix some of them and implement a work around but it doesn't worth the time because we will eventually update to 0.01/3 so there was no reason to stick with the beta version.
Also most work arounds do not consist with being MapleGlobal-like, for example;
Implementing a quest/NPC system that actually shows a lightbulb (because it's not coded in the beta client, ask Wizet why lol) would require changing the way we handle the NPCs and quests, and it will not be like it used to be in MapleGlobal.

Reaction score

No, not really.
The reason we are updating to v0.01/3 now instead of starting with v0.40Beta is because the beta client has really major game-breaking bugs, we could fix some of them and implement a work around but it doesn't worth the time because we will eventually update to 0.01/3 so there was no reason to stick with the beta version.
Also most work arounds do not consist with being MapleGlobal-like, for example;
Implementing a quest/NPC system that actually shows a lightbulb (because it's not coded in the beta client, ask Wizet why lol) would require changing the way we handle the NPCs and quests, and it will not be like it used to be in MapleGlobal.

So what exactly is it that you are planning on doing that's "outside the box" that requires an entire team devoted to idea's?

Reaction score

Thread was updated with the screenshots, more information and is now more organized.

So what exactly is it that you are planning on doing that's "outside the box" that requires an entire team devoted to idea's?

Creativity team, as the title says - needs to be creative, think out of the box when planning Events and other game content ideas.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Hey.
The closed beta is coming up really soon, the exact time is yet to be disclosed however we are giving away beta keys to a selected few.
There are 28 beta invitations left, feel free to comment and we will pick the most suited gamers.
Invitations will also be extended via other platforms such as MapleStory-related Facebook pages.
What are you waiting for? Claim your exclusive beta key now!

Regards,
Snopboy.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

I'd be interested to beta test. If you need to know anything else (like how much time I have) pm me. (Inb4 post deleted again)

Reaction score

made own server but couldn't fix advance java related bugs. From singapore, able to aid u in feedbacks at gameplay. my contact is at my signature

Reaction score

I'd be interested to beta test. If you need to know anything else (like how much time I have) pm me. (Inb4 post deleted again)

made own server but couldn't fix advance java related bugs. From singapore, able to aid u in feedbacks at gameplay. my contact is at my signature

Thanks for commenting.
Please send me in a private message your real name (full, please), email and skype for communication.
Beta keys will be given once we launch the closed beta, which will be v0.40b at first and then 0.01, we have a very creative solution for v0.01 ;)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Thanks for commenting.
Please send me in a private message your real name (full, please), email and skype for communication.

What the duck is this? Why would you need that information?

Your team is so cute none of them can code.
Novak knows nothing of networking, and I doubt Rakeda or Novak know anything about reverse engineering besides "Open ollydbg and attach MapleStory.exe".
Oh yeah, they both failed at creating servers as well. Solid team mate best server 10/10

Reaction score

What the duck is this? Why would you need that information?

Your team is so cute none of them can code.

There will be a small group of close beta testers, we will need to contact each and every one of them, that's why I've asked for this information because the database will include some data about the beta testers that will be used by our automated applications.
It's quite funny how you claim that none of my team knows how to code, so far they've been doing a great job and I'm very satisfied with their work.
Please Dan, if you don't have anything good to say or anything that may contribute to the project, then don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back