Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
re: [MapleStory] [UPDATED] Live your childhood all over again!

Bump.
Development positions are still open.
Java development position is fully paid from my own personal funds along with shares from the monthly income the server will generate.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Wait so your source is going to be in C#?

Reaction score

Wait so your source is going to be in C#?

We have one of the most stable sources coded in C# (thanks to diamondo), but due to lack of C# developers we will be switching to Java.
I'm still unsure of which one to use, this will depend on the developers that will be recruited if any at all.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

We have one of the most stable sources coded in C# (thanks to diamondo), but due to lack of C# developers we will be switching to Java.
I'm still unsure of which one to use, this will depend on the developers that will be recruited if any at all.

why switch? its very similar to java, im sure people can adapt.

Reaction score

why switch? its very similar to java, im sure people can adapt.

While you're definitely right, the Java source is more complete and secured compared to the C# source.
Though it doesn't matter atm since there are no active developers working on this, I'm focusing on recruitment of developers, whether C# or Java it doesn't matter. Once developers join me the development will resume, until then ehh.. I can't really do anything server-wise, I'm only a web developer :/

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

While you're definitely right, the Java source is more complete and secured compared to the C# source.
Though it doesn't matter atm since there are no active developers working on this, I'm focusing on recruitment of developers, whether C# or Java it doesn't matter. Once developers join me the development will resume, until then ehh.. I can't really do anything server-wise, I'm only a web developer :/

wait so how do you expect to lead the project if you don't know how to code besides web related code? Do you have experience with java and js and or the vana sources that were released a long time ago?

Reaction score

wait so how do you expect to lead the project if you don't know how to code besides web related code? Do you have experience with java and js and or the vana sources that were released a long time ago?

Frankly, I do not have experience with the languages/sources specified above.
I don't see a reason why a web developer wont be able to lead such a project, when it comes to server development, a developer may be assigned as a head developer to lead the development team, if required.
While I do not know Java, C# & C++, I do know some PHP, which is a programming language. I do understand programming principles and the logic behind it so I don't see a reason why not being a server developer would set me back in terms of leading the team.
If you think otherwise, enlighten me.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Frankly, I do not have experience with the languages/sources specified above.
I don't see a reason why a web developer wont be able to lead such a project, when it comes to server development, a developer may be assigned as a head developer to lead the development team, if required.
While I do not know Java, C# & C++, I do know some PHP, which is a programming language. I do understand programming principles and the logic behind it so I don't see a reason why not being a server developer would set me back in terms of leading the team.
If you think otherwise, enlighten me.

perhaps you would be able to look over the project and make decisions on what people should code next, but it sounds to me that you would sit back most of the time and let your devs do the work while you pay them. I don't think your idea is bad, but you wouldn't be contributing much except for money and maybe some decision making.

Reaction score

perhaps you would be able to look over the project and make decisions on what people should code next, but it sounds to me that you would sit back most of the time and let your devs do the work while you pay them. I don't think your idea is bad, but you wouldn't be contributing much except for money and maybe some decision making.

Not really, I'm not really the kind of guy to sit back while others work.
Beside server development, there's also the game assets (WZ?) that requires some work, since it is based of a single version, patches of content will be released, this means all unnecessary data is removed from the files and later it is re-added when the time to introduce it come.
While being at version X (it's a low version, X < 0.40), client side will present version Y, Z's data has been remove and will be re-added when patch Z is released.
This means lots of work on the WZ will be required, and since I do not plan on having more than a single WZ editor on the team, I'll be taking some of his/hers tasks.
I'll be helping all team members in any area I can, along with handling the website development myself and of course - GFX.
Also I strive to learn, so I guess by the time the server is released - I'll probably have good foundation in the language and will be able to execute some of the coding tasks required for the server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Not really, I'm not really the kind of guy to sit back while others work.
Beside server development, there's also the game assets (WZ?) that requires some work, since it is based of a single version, patches of content will be released, this means all unnecessary data is removed from the files and later it is re-added when the time to introduce it come.
While being at version X (it's a low version, X < 0.40), client side will present version Y, Z's data has been remove and will be re-added when patch Z is released.
This means lots of work on the WZ will be required, and since I do not plan on having more than a single WZ editor on the team, I'll be taking some of his/hers tasks.
I'll be helping all team members in any area I can, along with handling the website development myself and of course - GFX.
Also I strive to learn, so I guess by the time the server is released - I'll probably have good foundation in the language and will be able to execute some of the coding tasks required for the server.

any devs on board yet? i'm interested, it's just i cant visualize how it's all going to be laid out yet.

Reaction score

any devs on board yet? i'm interested, it's just i cant visualize how it's all going to be laid out yet.

A Java developer has applied today and I really hope it will work out, there are another two Java developers (both aren't familiar with MapleStory development, one isn't familiar with MS as a game but is learning all about it as we speak).
We've had quite a big team when we first started but unfortunately most members quit very shortly due to being overloaded with university/college projects the entire semester so things didn't work out..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

A Java developer has applied today and I really hope it will work out, there are another two Java developers (both aren't familiar with MapleStory development, one isn't familiar with MS as a game but is learning all about it as we speak).
We've had quite a big team when we first started but unfortunately most members quit very shortly due to being overloaded with university/college projects the entire semester so things didn't work out..

that's unfortunate. its probs gonna take them some time to look over the source and look at how it works. Hell I have been doing this on and off since 2008 and I don't know it all yet.

Reaction score

you're using wvsbeta as a base and you think it's "one of the most stable sources coded in C#"? lol

We no longer use it because there aren't many C# developers, Java is more widely used.
And yes, it is. This is not the WvsBeta you're familiar with, it is a later version of it that Erwin rewrote from scratch (it's completely different than the released WvsBeta, it also has Multi Threading unlike the earlier released version of WvsBeta), it is by far the most stable MapleStory source, I'm absolutely sure it is more stable than Vana and any other public and/or private source, feel free to ask Erwin about this one.

Reaction score

We no longer use it because there aren't many C# developers, Java is more widely used.
And yes, it is. This is not the WvsBeta you're familiar with, it is a later version of it that Erwin rewrote from scratch (it's completely different than the released WvsBeta, it also has Multi Threading unlike the earlier released version of WvsBeta), it is by far the most stable MapleStory source, I'm absolutely sure it is more stable than Vana and any other public and/or private source, feel free to ask Erwin about this one.

no, you're just using the released revamp by Vanlj95. saying it is "by far the most stable maplestory source" is wrong. also, "multi threading", bro, are you even aware of what you're saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back