Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[SWTOR] Private Server Development

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello SWTOR Fans,

I am currently looking for more people for my development team for Star Wars the Old Republic. The server will be written in C# as it provides a lot more flexibility than JavaScript and should be future proof. The server is 100% non-profit. Donations are accepted, but there will be no paid services. All donations will go towards maintaining the servers and possible upgrades. The server files as well as anything developed is not for sale, trade, or free. Do not add me to ask.

The game is originally developed in HeroEngine and uses HeroScript (HSL) as the underlying scripting language. Both of these are uncommon knowledge which makes the process kind of fun.

I am providing:

• Developer Wiki in the discord explains everything from IDA Structs to opcodes to file types to even differences in releases.
  • Private Github.
  • Multiple paid for VPS's for development & the website.
  • Domain w/ a valid SSL cert.
  • Any development tools that's necessary for development.
  • Hooks for packet logging that are updated every retail release.
  • Trello with extensive ideas as well as possible future content.
  • Files for almost any client version (not required anymore, but can get them including Beta & original CD files).
  • Unpacked Retail Launcher currently being converted from JavaScript to C# (monsters made it in JS...)
  • And more...

Mainly Looking For:

I have a lot of available positions but the ones I am looking for the most would be Website Engineer, Client Engineer, & Server Engineer. Some requirements & preferred may be missing as I haven't investigated exactly what is required yet.

Website(s) Engineer
Responsibilities include the development of an example website and associated library. This site will demonstrate account registration and management as well as various online tools including detailed maps and collections. Should also have a donation page.
Required Skills: PHP, SQL, JavaScript, CSS, HTML5
Preferred Skills: REST, HTTP

Server Engineer
Responsibilities include implementing and maintaining the main server software and associated tools. This could include the implementation of any number of the following: game mechanics, network protocol, scripting, database back-end, and tools necessary for further development of the project.
Required Skills: Reverse Engineering experience, C#, .NET
Preferred Skills: Slicer GUI experience, JavaScript

Client Engineer
Responsibilities include implementing and improving the client-side files and associated tools. This includes the implementation of any number of the following: custom launcher, client-side encryption, hardcode fixes, and tools necessary for further development of the project.
Required Skills: Reverse Engineering experience, C#, .NET (Blazor / Electron)
Preferred Skills: Slicer GUI experience, HTML5, CSS

Other Positions - Not Necessary Right Now:

The positions aren't necessary at the moment, however, they can be utilized as development goes on.

Loremaster
These individuals are the lore experts of not just SWTOR but the entire Star Wars series. They are the true experts when it comes to researching custom content and giving all team members every bit of info they could possibly need to create new content.
Required Skills: Expert knowledge of SWTOR + Star Wars Series; Expert at researching & documenting; can assist in writing content if requested by the project lead.
Preferred Skills: None.

Modeler
They handle all models involved in the game. They may need to model any art provided by the artists.
Required Skills: Experience with Blender, understanding of .gr2/.jba/.clo/.json formats, 3DSMax, Slicer GUI
Preferred Skills: Knowledge of SWTOR, a System with a high amount of RAM.

Artist
They handle all texture improvements as well as new textures for custom content. They also handle the Launcher & Website beautification.
Required Skills: Experience with various tools for textures & animations.
Preferred Skills: Knowledge of SWTOR, a System with a high amount of RAM.

Website & Contact Information:

We have a dedicated .

You can add and contact me at RawrzureKing#5421 (1020229735445438515). I will then talk to you about the discord server / application process. You can respond to the thread or PM here, however, I may not see it.

Further Information:

If you're interested in the server in a non-development capacity you may contact for a server link. I do encourage those that have experience in development to contact me.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still looking!

Currently logging packets on 7.1.1b & 7.2pts for things that are not 100% operational (work done via 1.0.0 disc).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still looking! Especially for a web developer.

------

Here's some answers to some questions I have received in DMs:

Q. Why are you not doing a Public Git?
A. The reasoning behind it is that Disney is apart of SWTOR now. My friend that's an ex-director for SWTOR at BioWare, as well as some other games, informed me that the only issue we would face is not from BioWare or EA, but Disney. The Git is private to avoid any possible abuse of the server.

Q. Why aren't you paying anyone or charging for your server?
A. Again, this is because of Disney. I will accept donations, and we may or may not compensate for the donation. People donate knowing full well they may not receive anything for their donation. This ensures that Disney can not come after us in regards to paid services and the like.

Q. You're new on RZ. How do we know you're trustworthy? (I am phrasing this more politely than what was said to me)
A. How do I know that you're trustworthy? I am actively working on and leading the project. I have proof images & videos taken from a server built on JavaScript. I have a wiki dedicated to knowledge that was reverse engineered. I have packets from 6.3.2a (when I started actively working on packet logging), I have packets from 7.1.1b & 7.2pts I am actively obtaining. I am paying for two servers that hosts the website & the SWTOR server itself. I am even crediting anyone who worked on the RE. The question isn't how am I trustworthy, but how are you?

Q. Will you be sharing the files on RZ in the future?
A. I won't be sharing the files anywhere in the future. Especially any custom files or custom software. If it is forced upon me to make a public git by Disney then it will be a git. Everyone that has been actively working on this project would like it to remain un-abused.

------

Sorry ahead of time for posting this bump 6 hours early, I will be in bed before I can bump.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still looking!

Especially for:
Client Engineer & Web Engineer.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still looking!

Especially for:
Client Engineer & Web Engineer

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!

Looking mostly for:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!

Looking mostly for:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!!

Looking mostly for:

All positions still open!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!!

Looking mostly for:

Appreciated Roles:
Loremaster, Artist, Modeler

-----

Please reach out asap! Thread won't stay here forever (safety reasons)!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!!

Looking mostly for:

Appreciated Roles:

-----

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!!

Looking mostly for:

Appreciated Roles:

-----

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!!

Looking mostly for:

Appreciated Roles:

-----

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!!

Looking mostly for:

Appreciated Roles:

-----

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!!

Looking mostly for:
Web Engineer

Now Looking for Roles:

-----

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!!

Looking mostly for:
Web Engineer

Now Looking for Roles:

-----

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Rawrzure,
altho I am no programmer or Web Engineer, I might be of use as Loremaster or Artist, as I have studied Game Art/Graphic Development Artist in university. I've been researching The Old Republic projects for 2 years now and if I can be of any help let me know!

Sincerely, Ehre.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bump!!

Looking mostly for:
Web Engineer

Now Looking for Roles:

-----

Hi Rawrzure,
altho I am no programmer or Web Engineer, I might be of use as Loremaster or Artist, as I have studied Game Art/Graphic Development Artist in university. I've been researching The Old Republic projects for 2 years now and if I can be of any help let me know!

Sincerely, Ehre.

Hi Ehre. You can click the link in the OP for the server invite.

Back