Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hi there....old player, guild leader, php programmer

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Some of you knew me as LordJustice, once upon a time i had a small pserver.

I am considering creating a new one.

Is there such a thing as a clean repack, that has thief, that is reasonably bug-free?

Perhaps that still has the old ui?

Does old ui server files still exist?

How are you all doing?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Same back at you, currently playing xankal but want to work on something for myself as well. cuz boredom lol

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello Welcome back, first i want to inform you thats on the last years a lot of leaks and buggs which can destory the game server founded on 2010-2017 engines and isn't easy to fix them even if you got the sources so i suggest you to use 2019 engine from revo its not free but you can get it cheap maybe if you contact revo its my opinion ;)
at the end i found the old ui add-ons and serverfiles lemme know if you still interesting them

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust anything revo touched, no disrespect.

Right now, just playing with the lafreak bango emulator, to see if i can get that working, since i have spare pc with debian on it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello Welcome back, first i want to inform you thats on the last years a lot of leaks and buggs which can destory the game server founded on 2010-2017 engines and isn't easy to fix them even if you got the sources so i suggest you to use 2019 engine from revo its not free but you can get it cheap maybe if you contact revo its my opinion ;)
at the end i found the old ui add-ons and serverfiles lemme know if you still interesting them

Is he paying you for this? lol
People tend to believe anything r3vo tells them. Just reminding you that even his addons still have un-fixed leaks and bugs :). Im surprised that even with all the time he has, he still hasn't fixed them... However I would not suggest buying from him since when he's drunk he will turn off your license for the night ^^

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Has anyone recently played with running a kal server on linux? Just curious. If lafreak's Bango Emulator is unfinished, not having all the features, I'd probably find a way to use Wine on Linux to run kalserver.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I respect your talent and skills. I have not even used docker yet. Any suggested guides or tutorials to learn how to to that?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Just an update.

Already previously had xampp for windows, which comes with apache, php and mysql of course. Then used the service To convert a repack's mssql db to mysql. Then created two new db's to insert the sql statements for kal_auth and kal_db, got the odbc working.

Now I'm trying to see if the dbserver can connect to the odbc I created.

Reaction score
Just an update.

Already previously had xampp for windows, which comes with apache, php and mysql of course. Then used the service To convert a repack's mssql db to mysql. Then created two new db's to insert the sql statements for kal_auth and kal_db, got the odbc working.

Now I'm trying to see if the dbserver can connect to the odbc I created.

oh boy
XAMPP, that's old.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So I got the database working fine, and the odbc connector to mysql installed and working.

Right now just want to get the auth, dbserver and main server connecting via mysql odbc.

How did you get server software to connect to the mysql server, what was your approach?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ah I see.

I'd rather use mysql, if i can get the game server to connect to it, then it shouldn't be a difference to the end users, the players, but hopefully much better performance, and reliability.

I am figuring on trying to see what ports each program tries to connect to, and see if i can switch those somehow.

Back