Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Idea for Money Making for RZ and useful thing for us kaldevs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There is a ton of old software, new software, releases, tutorials, etc.

Now I know this may be a bit of work, but could also be a minor profitable business idea.

The idea is the server based dvd-set.

1. You have all the moderator teams for each server section, ex. KalOnline, organize all their top content for their server.

2. Convert all showcases, tutorials into pdfs

3. Organize all of this into a nice menu system you put into a software dvd that would work on most pc's.

4. Then once a year, sell an up to date, working documentation, releases, tutorials, for each server version. Maybe at $10-20 bucks a pop.

you truly have valuable content here, but overtime the old downloads disappear, content disappears, etc. It would really be nice to pop in my RZ-Kal DVD Set, look for any old software/tutorials/releases that I still have a copy of, then use what I need and go on.

Plus it's a great way to support this server, show off moderator art by creating nice dvd cover printouts.

I know I am wierd this way, but I still have all my cd sets from Maximum PC Magazine, the cd's that came in their print magazine, people like collecting cd's.

Just an idea :)

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
soo.. sell other peoples stuff?.. wich is released for free in the first place. that might not work to well :p the idea of it isn't to bad but its not realy doable on the forums scale either.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
soo.. sell other peoples stuff?.. wich is released for free in the first place. that might not work to well :p the idea of it isn't to bad but its not realy doable on the forums scale either.

Again, nice idea, but i agree with maty on this one. Also it would be disallowed by MentaL on the pure fact that there is a specific merchant zone on the forum for selling products and services, so if this was able to even go ahead, it would'nt be in the Kal section, it would have to be in the merchant section on the main Forum.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I mainly wanted it for the kal section, lol, imagine having a dvd of all the tutorials, releases, showcases, a backup copy of all software, client/server, repacks, etc. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back