Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Security stop game hacks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

i got a little idea to stop game hacks for 100% so here it is:

If someone could code a anti hack that will check every file in md5 which is in the client and then i mean every file just check if it exists.

And if the client keeps checking the files over and over again. and checks if there is a file injected which the config doesn't regonize the game closes.

I think this is a pretty good idea.

the progress:

Engine.exe loads config.pk

in the config.pk is a .dat file with every filename inside and it's md5.

then the engine.exe continue checks that "filename" (.dat) file.

if the check results in more files then the config has then game closes.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Wuhu hacks are finally solved : )
Companies like Valve spending millions of Euros for Anti Hack Protections but you found the solution to prevent it.
Okay sorry now seriously, there is no way to get 100% security thats only the theoretically maximum.
So for example your md5 check doesnt prevent Memory Modifications, the files will never be touched by such hacks.
There are many good Idea to prevent hacks, but there is no 100% solution to stop everything.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well it's good idea but it's already applied on crossfire it check the whole game folder by md5 check , but guess what tons of hacks there
+ you said it gona check game folder over and over .. which by my experience will cause fps lag

Reaction score
Jap, bad idea. Easy to bypass aswell...You talk about "low level" hacks like a edited config.pk or some changed maps.. That's nothing you need if you know how to play with packets. What you can do, is to check for loaded dlls.. but that can be bypassed too.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like Striker said, there are no fool proof ways to stop hacking altogether, even with the packets going from client to server can be manipulated, piggy backed. you just need to get as much security in as possible. but nothing is 100% fool proof.

ToF

Master Summoner
Reaction score
The best way to stop hacks would be to not store the client on the gamers PC.
You could stream the game to the player through a citrix network for example.

But even this might be hard since it will eat your internet and the server performance.

Back