Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GunZ 1.5 Complete Source Repo

Reaction score
Hello everyone, after reading the recent threads related to people selling source codes that are freely available to anyone to download and use, it prompted me to want to release these files. About a decade ago, GunZ 1.5 source was leaked here onto RaGEZONE, where it has been used and extended by many great programmers, and allowed this game to live on well beyond it's official capacity. However, that's not the full story, as what was leaked at that time was only a single branch from MAIET's GunZ repository (The "Stable" branch). MAIET had many different branches within their official repository, which unfortunately never saw the light of day, until now. I do not agree with selling source codes, and server files. I believe, in the interest of archival and game preservation that game's that are dead should have their source code's released for their respective communities to use and allow the game to live on for as long as the community wills it to be. I greatly respect the work MAIET put into their games, they crafted these experiences with love and compassion for their players, and by extension Masangsoft who have taken over their mantle. So, I release these files in hopes that it will keep that same spirit and passion MAIET had for their games, and to surrender this game unto it's community, and lastly to allow the free flow of information and to remove any "gates" that may prevent people from acquiring it. One last bit of info, it was asked of me if I had the repo history, unfortunately I do not, such is more than likely lost to time, given Masangsoft does not have it. However, what this is, IS, the complete GunZ repo checkout from the Summer of 2011, untouched from a decade ago.

cmb - GunZ 1.5 Complete Source Repo - RaGEZONE Forums

Download:

As always, MAKE MIRRORS​.

Note: I will also reupload GunZ2 soon as well, in it's original state.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Currently how people try to sell anything related to this game, public stuff or not. This is also due to the fact that no one else goes to the trouble of trying to learn or understand things about this game and then want them done. I asked some members of this forum for some public files that I needed as the link no longer works and in response I received that they would sell these files.

Oh and your link is broken.

Link is working just fine here o.o

It worked now... it must be because I was logged into my mega account and it's full

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Test_a and Test_B respectively from patch 248 :)

Great release! You will be in the history books, good sir.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
Test_a and Test_B respectively from patch 248 :)

Great release! You will be in the history books, good sir.

These maps are saved from the masangsoft client, there is also dungeon II.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Awesome release.
Thank you.

What has always had me interested is how these files were leaked in the first place.
I won't ask who leaked them, as it is quite an absurd question
But, information about the leak process-
Did the repo get exploited?
Did a developer leak them knowingly?
Did a developer get hacked (exploited? Using what exploit?)
Maybe social engineering, persuaded through one way or another to execute a backdoor payload?

Been asking myself these questions for a very long time now.
I know there are many ways to obtain access to a remote machine (I work in a company that does exactly these kinds of things, legally tho), I wonder which way was taken and how.

Are you able and willing to shed some light?

I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
Awesome release.
Thank you.

What has always had me interested is how these files were leaked in the first place.
Maybe social engineering, persuaded through one way or another to execute a backdoor payload?

I know there are many ways to obtain access to a remote machine (I work in a company that does exactly these kinds of things, legally tho), I wonder which way was taken and how.

In my opinion, maybe MAIET got this out of his hands, making a mistake in leaving all his files on a server and maybe someone found them and found out about it.

To later release it to the light, in theory perhaps that is stolen, there will come one and tell me that these files are not stolen but I say that they are stolen.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome release.
Thank you.

Venister, the CEO of Maiet Entertainment Inc. used the same password on GunZFactor as he did Maiet's internal networks.

The beer?? Its here !!!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice release, haven't checked it yet due the lake of time unfortunately.

Anyone can give a sneak hint on what to find in it. Exciting unreleased official Maiet things?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, after reading the recent threads related to people selling source codes that are freely available to anyone to download and use, it prompted me to want to release these files. About a decade ago, GunZ 1.5 source was leaked here onto RaGEZONE, where it has been used and extended by many great programmers, and allowed this game to live on well beyond it's official capacity. However, that's not the full story, as what was leaked at that time was only a single branch from MAIET's GunZ repository (The "Stable" branch). MAIET had many different branches within their official repository, which unfortunately never saw the light of day, until now. I do not agree with selling source codes, and server files. I believe, in the interest of archival and game preservation that game's that are dead should have their source code's released for their respective communities to use and allow the game to live on for as long as the community wills it to be. I greatly respect the work MAIET put into their games, they crafted these experiences with love and compassion for their players, and by extension Masangsoft who have taken over their mantle. So, I release these files in hopes that it will keep that same spirit and passion MAIET had for their games, and to surrender this game unto it's community, and lastly to allow the free flow of information and to remove any "gates" that may prevent people from acquiring it. One last bit of info, it was asked of me if I had the repo history, unfortunately I do not, such is more than likely lost to time, given Masangsoft does not have it. However, what this is, IS, the complete GunZ repo checkout from the Summer of 2011, untouched from a decade ago.

cmb - GunZ 1.5 Complete Source Repo - RaGEZONE Forums

Download:

As always, MAKE MIRRORS​.

Note: I will also reupload GunZ2 soon as well, in it's original state.

Thanks for sharing, I have returned to Gunz after more than 15 years and it is appreciated that the players continue to help and carry this game.

By the way, was the link removed, or is it only happening to me?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I also have it split up here
Thanks for uploading it again, the Mega link was quickly deleted, thanks friend.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In my opinion, maybe MAIET got this out of his hands, making a mistake in leaving all his files on a server and maybe someone found them and found out about it.

To later release it to the light, in theory perhaps that is stolen, there will come one and tell me that these files are not stolen but I say that they are stolen.

Venister, the CEO of Maiet Entertainment Inc. used the same password on GunZFactor as he did Maiet's internal networks.

Thank you guys for your response.

I have been curious for a long long time now, makes sense

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm surprised but happy to see some of you still here in 2021. Going to mess around with Gunz source for nostalgic reasons. Great release

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Anyone has a mirror for the complete GitLab contents? I want to have them all for my archive, but don't want to clone every project one by one...

Back