Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GunZ 1.5 Complete Source Repo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, after reading the recent threads related to people selling source codes that are freely available to anyone to download and use, it prompted me to want to release these files. About a decade ago, GunZ 1.5 source was leaked here onto RaGEZONE, where it has been used and extended by many great programmers, and allowed this game to live on well beyond it's official capacity. However, that's not the full story, as what was leaked at that time was only a single branch from MAIET's GunZ repository (The "Stable" branch). MAIET had many different branches within their official repository, which unfortunately never saw the light of day, until now. I do not agree with selling source codes, and server files. I believe, in the interest of archival and game preservation that game's that are dead should have their source code's released for their respective communities to use and allow the game to live on for as long as the community wills it to be. I greatly respect the work MAIET put into their games, they crafted these experiences with love and compassion for their players, and by extension Masangsoft who have taken over their mantle. So, I release these files in hopes that it will keep that same spirit and passion MAIET had for their games, and to surrender this game unto it's community, and lastly to allow the free flow of information and to remove any "gates" that may prevent people from acquiring it. One last bit of info, it was asked of me if I had the repo history, unfortunately I do not, such is more than likely lost to time, given Masangsoft does not have it. However, what this is, IS, the complete GunZ repo checkout from the Summer of 2011, untouched from a decade ago.

cmb - GunZ 1.5 Complete Source Repo - RaGEZONE Forums

Download:

As always, MAKE MIRRORS.

Note: I will also reupload GunZ2 soon as well, in it's original state.
Which database should I use?

I don't have the complete backup file and the complete SQL file, so I'm not sure which one I should use.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
noticed you only have one version of the newest version broken default.mrs decryption, i think it was only the 2nd or 3rd version that worked on default.mrs and even then extracting still broke like 3 files, but all other destroys most files in default.mrs.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
to expect nothing less from gunz fans, after few days inactive site, common way is to start an must re-post for "choice of release" entire packages with some secondary additionals included with original package, share link already we are waiting for this important filler patch !

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
noticed you only have one version of the newest version broken default.mrs decryption, i think it was only the 2nd or 3rd version that worked on default.mrs and even then extracting still broke like 3 files, but all other destroys most files in default.mrs.
This topic is only for the untouched source files released by CMB, any other content in the repo is outside of this topic and are just random things I have found of interest and collected. If you need to obtain another decompiler for the various encryption methods that were used in GunZ please look through the release section here, if you are unable to locate them then consider opening a new topic to discuss and collect them.

to expect nothing less from gunz fans, after few days inactive site, common way is to start an must re-post for "choice of release" entire packages with some secondary additionals included with original package, share link already we are waiting for this important filler patch !
The release here is only for the original clean SVN Dump of GunZ: The Duel, nothing more.

Back