Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone can possibly help for 1.72-1.73 SQL-ODBC setup?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have the files for the servers.

I've setup SQL-ODBC similarly to the stickied topic, but there's a few differences, mostly there's 2 database. I've setup both databases with the 2 .sql sources provided.

I set up ODBC and it finds the databases. Cool. But then it doesn't work.

When opening up the server, I get a bunch of errors like those:

(Warning),9/16/2018,22:54:28,SQLExecDirect failed, trying to re-send the request.
(CRITICAL),9/16/2018,22:54:28,Unable to complete ODBC query, accounting will fail. Query = SELECT ID, Status, CreateTime, CreateTimeT, OwnerID, PlayerName, Message FROM GMMsg
(CRITICAL),9/16/2018,22:54:28,Failed to open named pipe for inter-server communication. Error 231.

I get that before any SQL-ODBC setup or after, I figure I just fucked something up.

There's many things that I don't understand.

-You setup the .sql as source for the databases. Okay, so what? How do I modify them? Older T4C servers came with things like T4C Database Manager which did it all. I have no idea how to even make a user.

-The readme's limited info tells me SQL should use the MYISAM engine. I'm not sure if thats already setup in the .sql files, but I have no idea if I'm supposed to do anything about it. Where are the tables even located at? I can open them in the MySQL command lines but I can't even begin to comprehend how to add an account through there.

I know this sounds vague, but the server comes with very little information, and I've never really used SQL-ODBC before, the older setups for T4C servers did most of the dirty work and it just worked.

Any help-tip would be hugely appreciated.

SOME MORE INFO: I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. I've been using MySQL 8.0. I thought using the older 32-bit versions could be necessary but those don't get through setup.

EDIT AGAIN: I've gotten rid of the "named-pipe" error by not running the T4C watch service. I can then try to connect to my server with t4c.exe, which the server sees but with the ODBC errors, it seems it can't check if the account exists.

I don't know if its failing to connect through ODBC at all (I've tried using LibreOffice and LibreOffice can connect through it) or if its just the database needs more setup? The errors don't change if MySQL service is active or not so I don't know what the duck is going on.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You may now ignore this post. I'm posting another topic with the instructions.

Back