[IDEA] Ran Online with Ethereum Blockchain Integration

MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    18Posts

idea [IDEA] Ran Online with Ethereum Blockchain Integration

I really love this game, it has been the guilty pleasure of my childhood and, until recently when RAN GS closed, I explored the source and I was wondering if it is possible to incorporate Ethereum Smart Contracts to trade in-game items in real life?

A high level flow would be:
    1. Vendor registers the item he wants to sell on the Ethereum Blockchain.
    1.1 Vendor sets a price in Ethers (1 ETH = 192.84 USD as of this writing).
    2. Buyer browses a marketplace (online/in-game) for items sold on the Blockchain.
    2.1. Should the buyer decides to buy an item, he scans a QR code containing the item he wants to buy and the amount in ETH. This part is taken care of via his cryptocurrency wallet, all of which can be handled externally.
    3. System detects that a purchase has occurred and transfers the item to the in-game inventory of the buyer.

I could think of the following benefits:
    1. Minimization/eradication of scam transactions involving real-life money within the scope of buying an in-game item.
    2. Gamers are incentivized to hunt/craft the best items as it is now possible to make real-life money out of it. They can trade ETH to their preferred fiat currency later on via popular cryptocurrency exchanges.

Technicals:
    1. Can the game communicate via REST APIs to handle external communications (eg. send transactions to the blockchain)? Will it be difficult?
    2. Do items have their own unique ID when stored on the database? (ie. Preparatory Coat +7 on my inventory has a unique ID for the Preparatory Coat +5 on your side?)

For the seasoned RAN developers out there, I want to know if this feat is possible for the current codebase of RAN.

If anyone is interested, to do this, I can help collaborate on the blockchain side of things. :))

MemberRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    32Posts

Re: [IDEA] Ran Online with Ethereum Blockchain Integration

This is possible.
    Keep Learning...

MemberRank
    Feb 2021 Join Date
    14Posts

Wow! This is now happening! Please do read this facebook post which they tacle about - Ran Online Blockchain integrated!

https://www.facebook.com/ikapitoniel...759120?__cft__[0]=AZWtvIixO8XycIL3PGuwkpNXdjy59eV2EGAHjwfaGAkljqL3MIhD8-l5gvteT2gJxZGOi2Lla4j7qjQMQ-hI-02RpsTQbiULPYPVYJDxY4b1RYNjvOuOCJZ454hiFBLbM7FR2TeNBWEXX6nose7vX3Us&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

MemberRank
    Mar 2013 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    160Posts

I'm interested in this topic

MemberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    6Posts

There is a anon team developing a nft game like this, they call it RXC.

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    2,410Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lhoi21 View Post
    There is a anon team developing a nft game like this, they call it RXC.
    Care to share more information and a link?

True MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    #include "XX.h"Location
    232Posts

Here: RxC
    This ain't real.

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    2,410Posts

Can we discuss about the implication of incorporating this game with Cryptocurrency and Smart Contracts?
    The game is Copyrighted and there may be future problems when it comes to valuing your NFT's.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    #include "XX.h"Location
    232Posts

AFAIK, this is also noted on the Tokenomics. But i would suggest joining their Discord/Telegram Group from there you can ask them directly.
    This ain't real.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2007 Join Date
    SomewhereLocation
    1,957Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Can we discuss about the implication of incorporating this game with Cryptocurrency and Smart Contracts?
    The game is Copyrighted and there may be future problems when it comes to valuing your NFT's.
    You will only trigger copyright violation if you use a copyrighted artwork as your nft which of course you do not own. To avoid that being triggered, you should just not use artworks made by ran itself.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    295Posts

before all technical thing, you need define some of non technical question
    1. why do you use crypto currency? replacing donation part? game voucher part? or player of your game can earn from your game?
    2. based on no 1 answer, you can define your gameplay, it's free to play, play to earn or pay to play
    3. based on no 2 answer, then you can define your technical part and replace that in game function with cryptocurrency, I recommended you build your own game API to interact between game and API, then API with crypto currency network
    C#, Java, C++, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core Programmer
    Open queries for Ran Online coding, Unity Game coding, iOS and Android mobile application, .NET application, .NET Core Application, Java based application

Contact me on discord : navirius#9812

MemberRank
    Aug 2016 Join Date
    PerfLogsLocation
    159Posts

@SeiferXIII is there an API to integrate it the same with rxc/rwc?

Advertisement