Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[IDEA] Ran Online with Ethereum Blockchain Integration

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I really love this game, it has been the guilty pleasure of my childhood and, until recently when RAN GS closed, I explored the source and I was wondering if it is possible to incorporate Ethereum Smart Contracts to trade in-game items in real life?

A high level flow would be:
1. Vendor registers the item he wants to sell on the Ethereum Blockchain.
1.1 Vendor sets a price in Ethers (1 ETH = 192.84 USD as of this writing).​
2. Buyer browses a marketplace (online/in-game) for items sold on the Blockchain.
2.1. Should the buyer decides to buy an item, he scans a QR code containing the item he wants to buy and the amount in ETH. This part is taken care of via his cryptocurrency wallet, all of which can be handled externally.​
3. System detects that a purchase has occurred and transfers the item to the in-game inventory of the buyer.

I could think of the following benefits:
1. Minimization/eradication of scam transactions involving real-life money within the scope of buying an in-game item.
2. Gamers are incentivized to hunt/craft the best items as it is now possible to make real-life money out of it. They can trade ETH to their preferred fiat currency later on via popular cryptocurrency exchanges.

Technicals:
1. Can the game communicate via REST APIs to handle external communications (eg. send transactions to the blockchain)? Will it be difficult?
2. Do items have their own unique ID when stored on the database? (ie. Preparatory Coat +7 on my inventory has a unique ID for the Preparatory Coat +5 on your side?)

For the seasoned RAN developers out there, I want to know if this feat is possible for the current codebase of RAN.

If anyone is interested, to do this, I can help collaborate on the blockchain side of things. :))

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Wow! This is now happening! Please do read this facebook post which they tacle about - Ran Online Blockchain integrated!

[0]=AZWtvIixO8XycIL3PGuwkpNXdjy59eV2EGAHjwfaGAkljqL3MIhD8-l5gvteT2gJxZGOi2Lla4j7qjQMQ-hI-02RpsTQbiULPYPVYJDxY4b1RYNjvOuOCJZ454hiFBLbM7FR2TeNBWEXX6nose7vX3Us&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Computers are fast; programmers keep it slow.
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, this is also noted on the Tokenomics. But i would suggest joining their Discord/Telegram Group from there you can ask them directly.

Reaction score
Can we discuss about the implication of incorporating this game with Cryptocurrency and Smart Contracts?
The game is Copyrighted and there may be future problems when it comes to valuing your NFT's.

You will only trigger copyright violation if you use a copyrighted artwork as your nft which of course you do not own. To avoid that being triggered, you should just not use artworks made by ran itself.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
before all technical thing, you need define some of non technical question
1. why do you use crypto currency? replacing donation part? game voucher part? or player of your game can earn from your game?
2. based on no 1 answer, you can define your gameplay, it's free to play, play to earn or pay to play
3. based on no 2 answer, then you can define your technical part and replace that in game function with cryptocurrency, I recommended you build your own game API to interact between game and API, then API with crypto currency network

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
up for this, that is why it is no guarantee to invest on that RXC game.

RxC is a good project bro, theres a lot of burning mechanism.. Im sure it will boom to the ran community. The Developer is also replying this post. I also invested here and I think this is a good game to play.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here:

RxC is a good project bro, theres a lot of burning mechanism.. Im sure it will boom to the ran community. The Developer is also replying this post. I also invested here and I think this is a good game to play.

better change the prices for the long run,.. have seen the down trend and have not seen the ups... wishing the best for this server... :thumbup:

they have sold an amount of characters ranging from 100$ up to 500$ at least,.. I am not against the project but the prices that have been selling them for is Ludacris.

I'm with them,..

Can we discuss about the implication of incorporating this game with Cryptocurrency and Smart Contracts?
The game is Copyrighted and there may be future problems when it comes to valuing your NFT's.

You will only trigger copyright violation if you use a copyrighted artwork as your nft which of course you do not own. To avoid that being triggered, you should just not use artworks made by ran itself.

before all technical thing, you need define some of non technical question
1. why do you use crypto currency? replacing donation part? game voucher part? or player of your game can earn from your game?
2. based on no 1 answer, you can define your gameplay, it's free to play, play to earn or pay to play
3. based on no 2 answer, then you can define your technical part and replace that in game function with cryptocurrency, I recommended you build your own game API to interact between game and API, then API with crypto currency network

Last edited:
Back